ABXX49

Ryan J's build log

Nice Ryan! I love the T-nuts being used! :)

I use them for everything :P Helps when you have a Fast N All down the road!

I like threaded inserts. *ducks*

ok, im a noob, but where is this false floor gonna be mounted in the truck cab? like under the seats?? behind the seats? :ehh:

The rear of my truck, where the jump seats normally would be in a Ranger, is empty. So its contoured to fit over the driveline hump and another hump back there. If it wasn't raining today, I would get a picture of it mounted in there.

Looking good as usaul.trink40.gif Glad to see you taking your time.

Name of the game :)

looks great, cant believe i missed this one lol just now saw it.

looking very good ryan. have fun playing around with my plexi idea...think it could really set this build off from some of the rest and give the stealth box a bit of extra pizzaz. keep up the good work

Bought a new fixed base Porter Cable router today. Same plan as originally, but I'll be recessing the amp covers with a rabbiting bit. Pics tomorrow.

Probably too tired to be messing with power tools, but I'm going to anyways. Pictures in a bit!

**If it's nice out tomorrow, I'm going to fabricate my new rear cab panel.

Weather doesn't matter! Do it Ryan! :)

Bought a new fixed base Porter Cable router today. Same plan as originally, but I'll be recessing the amp covers with a rabbiting bit. Pics tomorrow.

Was the Porter Cable plunge router alot more?

Can't wait for more Pics.trink40.gif

Was the Porter Cable plunge router alot more?

Can't wait for more Pics.trink40.gif

Yes. About $175 more. The reason being is that it came with the plunge, the fixed, and a D-handle attachment.

**I already had a plunge router, but it's kind of a junky one. Master Mechanic.

I finished up my amp hole covers tonight, and they turned out good! Unfortunately I have to let my camera charge. Pics in the morning, but I'll hopefully have detailed sketch up of my box done tonight!

**I already had a plunge router, but it's kind of a junky one. Master Mechanic.

I finished up my amp hole covers tonight, and they turned out good! Unfortunately I have to let my camera charge. Pics in the morning, but I'll hopefully have detailed sketch up of my box done tonight!

:woot::popcorn:

Im liking the progress :drink40:

Great work so far, I been watching this build for ideas on what to do with amp placement for my rebuild. In a 95 Mazda B3000 x-cab. :peepwall:

I SOOO wanted to do a false floor in the trunk but wanted the space also, I guess everything is a compromise.peepwall.gif

I SOOO wanted to do a false floor in the trunk but wanted the space also, I guess everything is a compromise.

Fortunately for me, space was not an issue as it was completely unused in my truck. :)

Here is a rough sketch of my bracing technique I'll be using:

34q5u92.jpg

It's nice today. I'm going to get pictures of the false floor in the truck, get the rear wall done, and maybe start on the sub box.

It's nice today. I'm going to get pictures of the false floor in the truck, get the rear wall done, and maybe start on the sub box.

SWEEEEET. Can't wait to see the some more pics.trink40.gif

Okay, called the rear panel off today, as I can't make myself happy with it yet. Starting the speaker box now, but have a few questions for Mark.

And here's what I pieced together through out the day:

2wqgahc.jpg

a40u2e.jpg

155h0gm.jpg

2z9k3n7.jpg

3442nb7.jpg

16kom0m.jpg

2v9xaa9.jpg

2hnuejs.jpg

14bj42u.jpg

looking good buddy. i know you are wrapping everything with carpet of some sort but are you planning on painting the inside of the amp compartment or anything?

looking good buddy. i know you are wrapping everything with carpet of some sort but are you planning on painting the inside of the amp compartment or anything?

Nope. I don't plan on having those covers off at all. Unless for some reason I need to do something to the amps.