ABXX49

Ryan J's build log

Nice to see the materials in use. I love working on pickups - just a big box. Fiberglass is usually my first choice for sealing access holes, but yours look flat enough that you might be able to cut aluminum to fit. It'll take a lot less time. Very nice work.

Okay, well it's not a direct comparison on any of the drivers. So it isn't 100% fair. The Dcon is in an optimal sealed enclosure while the Icon was in an optimal ported. Icon was in the home theater, and Dcon in a vehicle. I just appreciate the overall sound of the Dcon set up. Don't get me wrong, the Icon is a PHENOMENAL driver, but at the price, you can NOT beat the Dcon.

Just wanted to quote this for fun. :)

You know that if i offered you my ICON you would jump all over that sucker. I still love it so don't get your hopes up...i recommend the ICON to anyone who wants clean power. I would love to see what it sounds like in a sealed box though. Can't wait to get building ryan. Should be interesting

You'll like the Dcon. :)

Nice to see the materials in use. I love working on pickups - just a big box. Fiberglass is usually my first choice for sealing access holes, but yours look flat enough that you might be able to cut aluminum to fit. It'll take a lot less time. Very nice work.

I'll probably do the aluminum or the cutting board method with rivets. I'll have to play around a bit. By the way, everyone should buy SDS products. Don is an absolute joy to do business with. With my stereo cranked you CAN NOT, I repeat CAN ABSOLUTELY NOT, hear the bass outside of the vehicle. I'm shocked at how well the product, when used right, works.

Okay, well it's not a direct comparison on any of the drivers. So it isn't 100% fair. The Dcon is in an optimal sealed enclosure while the Icon was in an optimal ported. Icon was in the home theater, and Dcon in a vehicle. I just appreciate the overall sound of the Dcon set up. Don't get me wrong, the Icon is a PHENOMENAL driver, but at the price, you can NOT beat the Dcon.
Just wanted to quote this for fun. :)

;)

After I get the ENTIRE this done this summer I'll make sure to give full reviews of everything!

UPDATES COMING YOUR WAY TODAY!!

New Eclipse HU courtesy of Mr. M5. I just had time to play with it today, and it's WAY better than my Pioneer 880 in my opinion. SOOO much easier to use.

2rge0dz.jpg

Welded the amp rack out of thin wall 3/4" square steel tube. Painted with an automotive grade PPG paint.

1zbs6qf.jpg

2r7vc6x.jpg

1250wi9.jpg

I put the subwoofer box from my last set up in just for some bass. This is NOT how it's going to be finished, lol.

351brq8.jpg

That amp rack is killer, good job. :drink40:

Looking good!!

:drink40:

I saw it first :P

You took the time to match the amp rack colour, bravo :D

Nice headunit :P

I see this guy a little BIAS on the head unit. LOL Painted, Metal amp rack is very nice... I love your work and design on the enclosure! Thumbs Up!!! :fing34::fing34::fing34:

Thanks everyone! Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be ordering my front stage speakers. The amp rack is ALMOST the color of my truck. But I'm happy with it for mixing my own paint by eye. :)

Actually i saw it first...i helped with the whole thing. this set up worked perfectly. fits right in the truck and looks killer.

Actually i saw it first...i helped with the whole thing. this set up worked perfectly. fits right in the truck and looks killer.

Now now..you both saw it at the same time. One of you just saw it in person.

Thanks everyone! Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be ordering my front stage speakers. The amp rack is ALMOST the color of my truck. But I'm happy with it for mixing my own paint by eye. :)

Okay, a few weeks turned into a few months. I found some Peerless HDS tweeters used on here. So instead of the ScanSpeak HDS, I'll just have the Peerless name on them. I also ordered my Seas ER18RNX's mids!

Everything should be here by next weekend, so look for updates then!