Sign in to follow this  
I8apony19

Mag Installs

...am I reading this correctly - you have a Magnum and were featured in a car audio magazine?! If you were, please post pictures and also email me letting me know what month and what magazine you were in. :)

So do you have a Magnum now, or? I'm kinda confused...this being a Magnum install thread and all. That was a very nice install though! :D

I'm sorry, currently I do not have a sub in my car. I'm looking to get a 12" DVC sub to ad to my Altima. My mistake I thought Mag = Magazine Installs. Please forgive me.

Do you have a comparison data to other subs in the market? I am serious about getting a sub.

Hey, no problem. It looks like we were both confused. :)

We do not publish comparisson data on our subwoofers vs. other subwoofers for the sake of keeping us clear of other company's lawyers.

However, if you go to www.caraudio.com and use the search function on their forums using the word "Magnum" you will come up with a LOT of posts. There is a reveiw of a Magnum in their Product Reviews section as well. Descrptions/reviews of Magnum's vs. other subs are all over the internet forums...but you have to search around for them, as they get burried over time with all the new posts.

There are a couple testimonials on this forum as well. I take it by your install that you're a SQ competitor? If so, what associatoins have you competed in? Just curious.

It was a long time ago.

I just got a HUGE PPI boner! :finger:

You don't like PPI????

ASk Clarke how much I like PPI! I would make love to the Art series!

Ryan likes the Arts more than Cameltoes...wait wait...maybe that's going a bit too far...

Ryan likes the Arts as much as Cameltoes....dangit..still not right..

Ryan likes the Arts like he likes his Cameltoes...they don't distort, they last forever..and they take a beating...

Yeah..that works...

_LP_Install3.jpg

My former Magnum install... it was kinda dirty that day :)

Everything is ripped out at the moment awaiting new gear.

Pics of the soon to be (approx. 3.5 cubes sealed) fiberglass box are below...finishing 80 grit this weekend and starting on 150 next...

http://www.calpoly.edu/~sciccare/ZGrip2.JPG

http://www.calpoly.edu/~sciccare/ZGrip1.JPG

Here are some pics from earlier in the project...

5 bags of Mat, 1 1/2 gallons of resin = 6-7 layers

Could you possibly make the pictures a little larger!!!!!!!!! seriously man, you should fly , me out there to sand that puppy. My forearms make Popeye's look like a walking stick.. Lot's of practice. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Damn a fiberglass enclosure would look great in my jeep. I just wish I had the time and talent to design much less build one.

Thanks Guys!!!!

Finish will be a very very deep black with cold blue (same color on SI's site) ghost flames either raising from the base or extending down around from the mounting rings...

It will also have about a half dozen layers of clear coat on it ;):slayer:

BTW...if anyone could/couldn't tell...the left baffle is significantly lower than the right..that's because I'll be inverting her to show off her ass!

That is really an awesome looking box... it gets my seal of approval. When it warms up my whole car will be torn apart and fiberglassed... pics will be taken :) Clark, get your ass over here and help me!

looks sweet as hell... alot of clear coat? gonna be waxin' that box alot to get it shiny? :D

Ryan likes the Arts more than Cameltoes...wait wait...maybe that's going a bit too far...

Ryan likes the Arts as much as Cameltoes....dangit..still not right..

Ryan likes the Arts like he likes his Cameltoes...they don't distort, they last forever..and they take a beating...

Yeah..that works...

not going to ask, but thats the post of the day bar none :lol:

Clarke is a crafty fellow. His ingenious wit of mixing my love of women(more-or-less 1 particular area) and Precision Power(not the new JUNK), is rather entertaining.