dennisp

sealed doorpods

Why even attempt to go lower if you don't need them to?

for the hell of it. idk :P

I know how that goes. I generally run mine as low as they'll go and forego the use of a sub. If I want to get loud, I adjust accordingly and turn on the sub amp.

dennis, i can get you a eclipse 1/2 din eq if interestes

thanks for the offer but no thanks. i have no money, but when i do i'm gonna get some combo or another i.e. p9, c90/4000x, etc

Why even attempt to go lower if you don't need them to?

for the hell of it. idk :P

I know how that goes. I generally run mine as low as they'll go and forego the use of a sub. If I want to get loud, I adjust accordingly and turn on the sub amp.

Yes, I find myself doing the same. On my Alpine 9835 (Active 3-way bandpassable xover) I just use EQ PreSets...

1: LP Sub @63hz...24dB/OCT, HP Mids @80hz...24dB/OCT

2: LP Sub @40hz...24dB/OCT, HP Mids @50hz..24dB/OCT

3: No Sub, HP Mids @40hz...24dB/OCT

I toggle a lot, depending on my tastes at the time. Gotta love the XXX6.5's with 200+rms per side in .25cube sealed doorpods.

So, if you have Presets Dennis...I recommend trying it! Wish you were closer so I could hear comparison. Oh well, When Jason gets done...we'll do direct swap outs of the XXX's and Extremis in both setups...with comparable power as well. :)

NG

Yes, I find myself doing the same. On my Alpine 9835 (Active 3-way bandpassable xover) I just use EQ PreSets...

1: LP Sub @63hz...24dB/OCT, HP Mids @80hz...24dB/OCT

2: LP Sub @40hz...24dB/OCT, HP Mids @50hz..24dB/OCT

3: No Sub, HP Mids @40hz...24dB/OCT

I toggle a lot, depending on my tastes at the time. Gotta love the XXX6.5's with 200+rms per side in .25cube sealed doorpods.

So, if you have Presets Dennis...I recommend trying it! Wish you were closer so I could hear comparison. Oh well, When Jason gets done...we'll do direct swap outs of the XXX's and Extremis in both setups...with comparable power as well. :)

NG

i cant wait for the 4ohm extremis to come out, i'll most likely pick up a set of those and use these 8ohmers for home audio.

i change my settings a whole lot. there'll be days i just wanna run the mids + horns and no sub just to see how it sounds. i still need to get some equipment to set my xovers to get a flat response, i totally suck at setting things by ear.

definitely waiting to hear your guys' comparison. :D

so after a few days, how do they sound?

very clear i must say. hotel california sounds sweet :) i definitely could use more power though, i can barely get the things moving. i need more power since the pods are relatively small and cuz of my weak amp.

I had that problem too when I was running them off my abahn (that was on it's last leg) in my old pods... the things barely moved. In the setup I have in the works I should see them at or close to full xmax, no problem. Should make for and interesting video, espically when I show how much air is movig in the port. Glad to hear you like them! Unless something goes severely wrong (wouldn't count out the xover still not working) there should be a plethora of multimedia and reviews after this weekend ;)

dang i cant wait to get 200 a pice to my mids.

Im running ~170rms per mid and 30 per tweet :D

what more did u want mr. ported pods?

im actually considering taking the vinyl off, bondo, sanding, and painting. we'll see.

what more did u want mr. ported pods?

im actually considering taking the vinyl off, bondo, sanding, and painting. we'll see.

if you bondo, for paint, get Rage Gold brand bondo. may be more, but its worth it. :)

I didn't want anything, but that works.

you're crazy man, you're crazy. now go finish urs :)

and thanx mike, will do.