bigrank916

94 Geo Metro

This is a sealed enclosure for reference purposes. It is 4ft3, made from 3/4" mdf. Started it last night and finished up this afternoon. Definitely louder than the Z15. With 4 12s though, I kinda expected it. :) Another design on the way...

100_0001.jpg

101_0600.jpg

101_0601.jpg

101_0602.jpg

101_0603.jpg

101_0604.jpg

Pretty pimp for a metro. :popcorn:

Looks like it may be a little loud :drink40: LOL!

looking great Bigrank... Are you going to bring this or the truck in April???

Hawk

Edited by thehawk93

Looking good, what will the other enclosure plans consist of? How do you like Hertz subwoofers, I always wanted to try some?

Pretty pimp for a metro. :popcorn:

Its gettin there. ;) Thanks.

Looks like it may be a little loud :drink40: LOL!

For being some entry level sq drivers, these are getting darn loud. Even sealed! Not much in the xmax dept. :(

looking great Bigrank... Are you going to bring this or the truck in April???

Hawk

Thanks hawk. I will be bringing the truck to the Fresno show. Its still much louder!-_- Are you going to the show?

Looking good, what will the other enclosure plans consist of? How do you like Hertz subwoofers, I always wanted to try some?

Thanks jaycee. I have a plan for this to be ported and tuned around 32hz. Net around 5ft3. Also a plug port for comps hopefully! They sound pretty good and seem to dig pretty deep in this sealed enclosure. They have always been real loud though on the higher frequencies. Maybe a 50-60hz tone might blast your ear drums out! Real peaky. :P

looking good....

hey, is that paint job off of rattle cans?

looks good for a temp box.

did you say you had to have the back seat up with this one.....

can it go up like this?

that horseshoe looks good on the hitch!

chop

looking good....

hey, is that paint job off of rattle cans?

looks good for a temp box.

did you say you had to have the back seat up with this one.....

can it go up like this?

that horseshoe looks good on the hitch!

chop

Yes sir, this is rattle can flat. Just what I had left over in the garage. I did want the seat up and I shortened the depth on this as well but...not enough. I starting to wonder if I can pull that off with it lookin lame.

I was testing it out today and Im just not liking what Im hearing now. I know its sealed but even when it was ported, I didnt get what I was looking for. It seemed nice...until I heard my BTL. After that, I feel spoiled. The hertz will never give me what Im looking for. :(

Soooo...maybe an SSA driver or two could be in the fold. Two 18" Xcons walled? I get so much motivation from the builds of jblcamry and what hes done to the Punisher. It makes me want to go big or go home!

Now comes this loss of ANOTHER back seat. Another project of this magnitude would most likely have all of my car audio funds allocated by itself. Now Im by no means rich but two vehicles with mad beat can get costly. Thinking about pausing all future action with the truck and promoting the geo to the captains chair. Other times I think it would be better to cancel the geo and go full bore with the truck.

Pricing out a rough estimate for a frankenstein build in the truck would be around or up to: $2000 for alts and custom five alt bracket; $2000 for batteries, $2000 for amps; 1500-2k for drivers. Not to mention all the other goodies that come with it. This is going big. Something like this though would make me want to sell everything I dont need and only focus my attention there. The geo would get nada.

I would LOVE to do it but it would be an incredibly slow and painful process. Hopefully the money picks up this season. Ive got some decisions to make. :dammit:

Your grass if fake :) l0l just kidding. Im sorry I know off topic but ours looks horriable compared to that. Any way. Just wanted to let you know it looks real good.

I was just thinking the same thing, his lawn looks well taken care of. SO GET YOUR DAMNED TRUCK OFF IT!!!

The enclosure looks good :)

4 12"s sealed build thread < lawn care

you gotta go bigger bro.......lol

totally off subject, but Samantha, your new avatar is killing it! i likey alot, l ftw!

lol @ Duran, get that truck off the lawn !!!

Your grass if fake :) l0l just kidding. Im sorry I know off topic but ours looks horriable compared to that. Any way. Just wanted to let you know it looks real good.

Just some Cali sunshine and water. :) It actually looks better on camera cause its really just crab grass. hehe. Thanks

I was just thinking the same thing, his lawn looks well taken care of. SO GET YOUR DAMNED TRUCK OFF IT!!!

The enclosure looks good :)

Haha. Tough enough shit to handle a drive on every now and then. ;) My quickest build to date but surely not the prettiest. Thanks Duran.

great work :drink40:

Gracias dude.

4 12"s sealed build thread < lawn care

you gotta go bigger bro.......lol

totally off subject, but Samantha, your new avatar is killing it! i likey alot, l ftw!

lol @ Duran, get that truck off the lawn !!!

I want to go bigger dude! Trust me. Real big.:drink40:

I seen the new avatar as well. Good shit!

Duran gave me a good laugh too. Just need more extension cords!:lol:

hey nice build, looks good off topic how did u get the spray paint to stick i used 3 cans for a 3 inch port lol

hey nice build, looks good off topic how did u get the spray paint to stick i used 3 cans for a 3 inch port lol

Thanks. The spray paint soaked right into the MDF so it wasnt a problem. Did you try to spray over some caulking or something? I know it is hard to get the paint to stick to plastic or rubberlike surface unless its the specially formulated spray.

Well, Ive been mulling the idea and Im going to do it. Im going to remove the BTL from the truck and put it into the Metro.

I will be removing the back seat most likely and building a wall hopefully!:D

Eventually adding another BTL down the line. Here we go monster build...

I likey the idea, so you just gonna leave the truck without a soundstage for now? Im tuned in :popcorn:

I likey the idea, so you just gonna leave the truck without a soundstage for now? Im tuned in :popcorn:

The door pods will stay with the 100.4 for awhile. Gotta have some tunes!

Cant wait to get started. I will be removing the driver, enclosure, and amp this week from the truck. Have to make some room in the garage before I take out the rear seat of the geo. :)

Yeah I figured you were leaving that in there should of said substage instead of soundstage. Well good luck with it :drink40:

Another geo wall??? This time Team IAK :drink40:

Yeah I figured you were leaving that in there should of said substage instead of soundstage. Well good luck with it :drink40:

I figured that too. :) Thanks jaycee, I'll need it.

Another geo wall??? This time Team IAK :drink40:

You knoooow it! Hopefully designed by the same dude too! Its red vs blue like the Bloods and Crips main! Id say hes got a leg up on me though. Just a little. ;)

wow, i don't click on the little geo metro thread for one day, was all caught up on the whole lawn care thing, lol, and......POW!!!

We are doing a wall and taking some bangs from "Silvy" , wow, miss a little, miss alot....

them west coast boys always do move faster, I think it's the air! lol

you go bro, I am tuned into this one!

chop

wow, i don't click on the little geo metro thread for one day, was all caught up on the whole lawn care thing, lol, and......POW!!!

We are doing a wall and taking some bangs from "Silvy" , wow, miss a little, miss alot....

them west coast boys always do move faster, I think it's the air! lol

you go bro, I am tuned into this one!

chop

Ya, man its been on my mind for a while now. A few days ago, I got the chance to see how bad my brakes really are on my truck. Totally wasted. Dont drive it too much so it was hard to notice, especially here on the flat land. Got up in the mountains and was blown away...dangerously bad. Just led me to thinking of all the money Ive dumped into this bitch and how I'll never get it back. Also going to comps will get kinda pricey with the high gas prices and low gas mileage. It just seems like a smarter move, economically. Plus by this time next year, I should be rolling in my new car so I WILL have a backseat for the kiddies. Lexus IS300, midnight blue. Yeeeaah!

So the idea was born. Put the truck back to normal and wall the Geo! I see the "Punisher" builds and...weep. :lol: I gotta do it.

Its the strong ratio of air and...*fuel* mixture that really gets us movin over here in Cali, Chop! ^_^