bigrank916

94 Geo Metro

are you going to try to compete with this set-up in the up-coming show?

i know you are looking at the batteries......

i was thinking about the flex.....perhaps we need to rig up some temporary fixes for holding that flex down..... gotta get that into the mic!

i wish i was on the progress side, you are feeding me inspiration for sure!

keep up the good work.

chop

Thanks Chop. Im supposed to be at the show today but I couldnt find any temp batts to keep my voltage a little higher for a bassrace so...after testing songs at idle and revved for bassrace...it was a no go. I can beat around town while driving just fine but not for extended amounts of time. Let alone 30 seconds for a bassrace. Im really diggin for a h/o alt soon too!

I was thinking about what kryptonite white did with his IB van log and liquid nails those basters shut. I thought I should tint them first though. Any other non-permanent ideas?

Is this with a stock alternator and battery????? What kind of upgrade are you looking for????

Unfortunately it is. Doing a lot better than I expected though. Im sure its only like 50-75 amps tops. Id like to get a h/o alty soon. I'll roll with the autolite until I can find some more. The truck did very, very well on voltage with only one battery so im hoping I wont need batts too soon. Just anxious to give it a real test drive!

Team IAK was sleeping, all snug in their beds, while visions of Geos danced in their heads...

I know. We are slacking! Ive recently gotton in a relationship and hit up facebook so Ive been kinda busy to say the least. Believe me...it dances in my head daily!:woot:

Yea seems that we are not talking as much as we did a couple weeks... But we will being talking again very soon.... :drink40:

You can bet on that! Women and Facebook have taken up waaay too much of my time lately. Im turning that around slightly to make more time for my SSA buds! Ive missed a lot of sweet ass build logs recently. Its time to play catch up! :fing34:

I'm eager to see what you're gonna be able to hit and sustain on the mic :drink40: On a side note...yeah, women will do things like that. LOL, got one doing it to myself :ohnoes9:

how did i miss this build!?

i see that green thumb of yours in action on the first page.. :)

i love what you're doing to this poor geo. i hope you will be able to play a tone and open your hatch with it when you're done. but if you go wall i say the two 18" xcons is the way to go but 4k for amps and subs!? 800 retail for the xcons and a grand for a 3500d so you can cut that 4k in half and buy all your wood to do the wall! then you wouldn't need to spend another 4k on alts and batteries. get a few 2400s and one ho alt. maybe i'm way off but hey it sounds good in my head haha. your voltage drop makes me cringe :/

how did i miss this build!?

i see that green thumb of yours in action on the first page.. :)

i love what you're doing to this poor geo. i hope you will be able to play a tone and open your hatch with it when you're done. but if you go wall i say the two 18" xcons is the way to go but 4k for amps and subs!? 800 retail for the xcons and a grand for a 3500d so you can cut that 4k in half and buy all your wood to do the wall! then you wouldn't need to spend another 4k on alts and batteries. get a few 2400s and one ho alt. maybe i'm way off but hey it sounds good in my head haha. your voltage drop makes me cringe :/

I tend to work at break neck speed when a project hits my noggin!

Who...me? I dabble a little. :D

Thanks a lot dude. I downloaded a 50 hz tone from Shizzon a while ago on my MP3 and its like...whoa! BBbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! Funny you say that cause the hatch is fuckin around now when I try to open it. A little different then it used to be. :o Ive been wanting a set of Xcons in there in a bad way too. They seem like such a sexy pick! The Xcons are a great deal as well. Ya I know its a lot and I could get by with much less. I shall confess...Im a dreamer! :lol: Got to throw the APs in the mix too...whenever they are back in stock. Just have a hard time not going Sundown but Ive heard nothing but great shit about the other. If I wont use a SD amp for the sub stage, then I definitely will for the mids and tweets! I was only planning on one HO alt, but wanted to custom build the best I can. Iraggi has the largest, I believe, with 180 amps...at idle! Mix in some Deka 9A31s for budget or a couple XS Power batts like you mentioned. Is it me or is XS considered one of, if not the best out there? Not off at all actually. I should spend a little less. ^_^

I'm eager to see what you're gonna be able to hit and sustain on the mic :drink40: On a side note...yeah, women will do things like that. LOL, got one doing it to myself :ohnoes9:

Im ready as well! Its killin me to know how high it hits. Ive never tested any system before and its got to be the loudest by ear Ive had. Hard to say when the BTL was in my truck. After the HO alt though... I have no doubts it will be much louder! :ban2:

At least she likes my audio passion. That was really cool to find out! Boooyaaa!!!!

updates!

Weeeell...changing plans again. :ohnoes9:

Lets just say I need to start buying some 2x4s!

Whats changing, let me in :peepwall:

updates!

Weeeell...changing plans again. ohnoes9.gif

Lets just say I need to start buying some 2x4s!

Ahh a new garage to build, so you can park the Geo in!

popcorn.gif

LOL. She will be garaged though...when I move.

I've nailed down selections on the amps and electrical. As far as drivers go, I'm still deciding. Whichever brand they are, most likely they will go into a wall.

What products you thinking of going with as far as amps and electrical?

Whats changing, let me in :peepwall:

What products you thinking of going with as far as amps and electrical?

For amps, I will be using two AP30001Ds. Wanted four but I'm not sure the engine is big enough for so many alts! Speaking of them, they will be 180 amp Iraggi Amputators. I contacted Rob at DC to see what they could do for me and it wasn't much. He doesn't think it can do more than 100 amps at idle so Ill try again in the future when I have another build with another ride!

Front stage will be an active 3 way with an extra midbass set. Ran from a Leviathan and a SAX 125.2. No idea on selections for that. I'm sure it will be extensive search though! :drink40:

Cool, I'm waititng to see this build... :popcorn::popcorn::drink40:

iakhop buzz is this is on hold for a few.......

I try to go slow but I get so excited with my visions of plums in my head! :P

Im going to tackle the front stage ASAP. Was going to use the Zed but its just so much power! Ill use the SAX50.4 instead. Filling the door panel with speakers too...I know, its not for the sound. Its purely cometic. :D Its for show cause it dont really go!

Also looking for a set of stiffer springs and some nice new gas shocks or something to keep the ass up on that little feller!

Allright guys. Ive been gone for a hot minute lately and havent really proceeded with the Geo plans. It was kinda in limbo as I was so super busy but never did I think to quit on the build.So...

Ive ordered the products for the front stage just a few days ago. Mark and Aaron did an excellent job of processing the order and shipping out the same week!:woot:

I realize this will be quite a feat since I have limited experience with fiberglass but I really want to go big with cosmetics too. Its going to be a lot of work but it will be sweet if I can pull it off.

All speakers will be Bravox. One set of UXS 8D subwoofers and two sets of CS 50D components. The 8s being powered by an SAX125.2 and the CS 50Ds powered by an SAX50.4.

It will be a slow build as usual. :)

looking forward to seeing your build begin......

there is something about extreme doors that moves me.....

have you looked around on cs forums, lil cars, big sounds, they have some wild builds for sure

perhaps you will see some inspirational pics there......

11022010570.jpg

I'm digging the door :drink40:

Thats some crazy ass shit there for sure. Epic midbass?:D Mine wont be too extravagant but it should be loud!

Hopefully while the front stage is being built, I can tint the windows, put in some deadening, and install flat stock reinforcement! Ive learned a lesson from the Punisher. ;)

Have some pics of the new equipment too. They arrived today! :dance: ....but the pics will be tomorrow.

Here you go you picture whores! :woot:

101_0771.jpg

101_0772.jpg

101_0773.jpg

101_0774.jpg

I have to tease with all the boxes. :P

101_0776.jpg

101_0777.jpg

101_0778.jpg

101_0779.jpg

101_0780.jpg

101_0781.jpg

Now its time to get my ass to work! Ive got plenty to do. Seriously hoping to compete by next year at the pace Im going. Hopefully! :lol:

101_0779.jpg

:wackit::wackit: Nice reading material

Looks like im not the only one who noticed that :P

Oh and nice speakers :P

Just got it in the mail that day too. Nice Beyonce nipple shot in the grapevine... :P

Thanks. :)

I hate to say it isnt any closer than the last time I was working on it. But Ive got good reason...sort of! :)

I adopted a new baby last weekend and it isnt human! She might like a portion of the toys that the geo is slated to recieve. If they fit...they will go! :D

omg dude.... seen you posted in our iakhop and in this thread....both times opening it up to see..........................................NOTHING!!!!!!

post pics or it is all lies!!!

lol

chop