Randal Johnson

Cablguy184's 97 Chevy Silverado

PAINTED !!!

I will take better pics with the Digi-Cam as soon as possible ...

image_url-43297-1375374636.jpg

image_url-43297-1375374304.jpg

image_url-43297-1375374339.jpg

Got to give her a week or two before we can cut and buff it ... but should be nice and shiny for World Finals !!!

Also ... Got those shitty low profile back tires replaced with some real tires this weekend ... going to go with a larger tire up front, but can't go too large like the rear because they will scrub ...

Edited by Cablguy184

And as if I do not have enough projects going on at the same time ... I am in the process of installing HID Projectors in my headlights from Hyper Lights !!! Anyone care to see progress pics ???

... and Its looking like I will be in the Hyper Lights / Bass Mekanik Demo / Manufacturer's booth next year at SBN ... So I'm being told

Sound Quality vehicle in the Bass Mekanik booth ... Could be interesting !!! and so we are clear, I have permission to promote Linear Power / Blues Car Audio in this Demo / Manufacturer's booth since they do not build Audio Equipment and Mike from Hyper Lights is also a member of Team Linear Power / Blues Car Audio ...

Edited by Cablguy184

Geez ... spent almost a whole day measuring for time alignment and RTA'ing the EQ for this weekend's MECA events ...

I can almost resite every word to the Chesky Record's Ultimate Demonstration Disc ...

Had to make a few changes to driver angles (some minor and some major) ... and still have a rattle or 2 to get fixed by 5 o'clock this afternoon ... Hopefully I can snap a few good pics this weekend for some thread updates ...

... and some high number score sheets too !!! Wish me luck !!!

Good luck!

Thanks man !!! I scored around mid to high 70s and got my much needed points for World Finals ...

Could be alot better, but scoring good for a 340,000 mile truck against custom built show vehicles ...

It will get better, just got to pay more attention to the fine details with EQ and time alignment ...

Well, something really cool happened this past weekend ... Got my hands on this !!!

image_url-43297-1378972320.jpg

A 4" (front) and 6" (rear) suspension drop kit for my truck !!!

Used ... but barely. I was told that the origional install was only on for a few months and the truck got traded in or something and this kit sat in someone's shop for years ... Gonna have to fab up a "C" notch if needed cause it was permanently installed on the other truck ... Should not be a problem and beings I have already have some of the best air shocks on the market and only wanting a 4" rear drop, the C notch might not be needed ... I have no plans to use the 2" coil springs under my truck. mainly because I do not like lowered coil springs ... just my personal reasons.

So I'm hoping for a final result of a 2" front and a 4" rear lowered setup when done ...

Sweet, looking forward to the drop!

Thanks Brother !!! Hopefully to get this done by the weekend ... Not a pay day weekend So I need to find something constructive to do ...

image_url-43297-1378972450.jpg

image_url-43297-1378972538.jpg

Paint looks nice too!

Thank you Sir !!! Hoping to have her cut a buffed out by World Finals ...

I really need to take some better pics

I'll be watching.

Thanks brother !!! ... And this project is truning out WAY better than I expected ...

I am in the process of installing HID Projectors in my headlights from Hyper Lights !!!

image_url-43297-1376893815.jpg

image_url-43297-1376893951.jpg

image_url-43297-1376894241.jpg

In the process of getting some Fiberglass would hork done to the lenses, and should have some completed pics soon ...

We are using White bulbs for the projectors and Green bulbs for the highs ... Another project that NEEDS to be done before World Finals ... LOL

Been a LONG time since I drove a lowered truck ... My Black '91 Chevy had a 5" / 7" drop setup on it from Bell Tech ... Wish I had pics of that truck. Edited by Cablguy184

I've got some other issues with the install.  But I'm sure Randal is happy so I figured it wasn't worth the argument....

I hear and understand you Sir, It's nothing "perfect", but we are working on it as much as we can ... I'm learning, please be patient with me guys !!!

I know, I've always wanted a 2-seat judged vehicle, but in order to play with the big dogs in their game, you have to make exceptions and changes ... guess when we actually retire this truck from Sound Quality competition, we will set it back up to the 5.1 surround setup like I wanted it to start with ...

Sooooo ...

Had to make a few changes to driver angles (some minor and some major) ...

We now have the tweeters set up "on-axis" with the driver's listening position.

We moved the driver's tweeter closer to the midrange driver, and Completely re-angled the passenger's tweeter towards the driver's right ear listening position, then moved it as close as we could to the midrange driver.

We also raised the tweeters up as high as we could in the dash pods without getting bumped up in a higher competition class.

Now the tweeters and the midrange drivers are within 3/4s (give or take) of an inch in being in perfect time alignment with each other, so there is absolutely no need to time align them separately ...

We just need to figure out on how to get the dash pod grille covers made before Finals.

We wanted (well, gave is some thought) to change the angle of the passenger midrange driver too, but with the Air-Bag cannister in the way, it was impossible and I'm not going to go through the trouble of cutting that cannister out when it was the tweeters that needed the most attention anyways ... So far, the best scores are in the midrange section, so for now, NOTHING will change there ...

Maybe something that will need to be done later (and NO, changing from a 5.25" to a 4", 3" or whatever will never happen ... so no need to make that suggestion. Any "smaller" driver will simply not have the "balls" to work with my application), Guess It will mainly depend on how it scores at this year's World Finals ...

... Also, got me a cool dash pad cover to help out with the center image !!! Rebecca Pidgeon and Sara K. (Chesky Records Ultimate Demonstration Disc) sound SOO much better and more realistic now !!! Nothing like trial and error !!!

Edited by Cablguy184

Ran a DJM 4/6 kit on my old 92 for years without issue.  it is still sitting low- waiting to get recertified one day.  Not too bad to install either.

Ran a DJM 4/6 kit on my old 92 for years without issue.  it is still sitting low- waiting to get recertified one day.  Not too bad to install either.

Yea my Black '91 Chevy rode real good, Just wasn't a monster over speed bumps and such ... LOL

I'm just not wanting to go too low because I'm not the only one that drives my truck ...

I found a GMT400 (chevy truck) for my son. Its a single cab SWB. Not sure what year model it is yet, going to look at it soon ... Trying to see if he is going to make the grades and if I'm going to actually have the money to get it or not at this time ...

I am still a fan of the 400 series trucks.  I have a 01 Burb now, and have owned a 04 ecsb, and a 04 Yukon. but my old 92 is still the best truck I ever owned.  They had a 96 ecsb(looked like yours) pop up on the used lot at the local dealer(my dad works there), and I has all excited.  Looked at it one day, thought about it, then when i went to try to make an offer- it was gone already. sold in 3 days.  i guess they are still popular.LOL 

Anyway- read through the tread - sweet build!  Looks better all white too.

Thanks man and Yea, the GMT400s are my favorite body style too ...

I wish I could find a decent 2500 series truck to pull this one or my 49 Ford on a trailer to shows and events ...

I can afford to get a new truck if I really wanted to, but I just don't want the notes ...

That and what i now pay on the wife's 2013 Chevy Curze would kill my habbits and addictions ... LOL

Well ... here it is guys !!! 4" front and 6" rear ...
We need to trim the finderwells, install a "C" notch, replace the front tires, and get a front end alignment ...
But for the most part ... She rides great !!! for a Low Rider ... LOL

I know, these pics were taken a night. Mainly because we just finished her up before I had to get to work ...

image_url-43297-1379054853.jpg
image_url-43297-1379054909.jpg
image_url-43297-1379054971.jpg
image_url-43297-1379055035.jpg

I know, I realy didn't want to go THAT low ... but screw it, you only live once ... I plan to have fun with it !!!

Looks AWESOME.  I think the 4/6 is the perfect drop.

Looks AWESOME.  I think the 4/6 is the perfect drop.

Thanks man ... and I agree with you on that !!!

My son is mad at me cause I won't let him take it to the football game Friday night ... LOL

I've got to finish working on it before something tears up on it ...

Maybe one day ill make it up north and hear this thing in person.

Maybe one day ill make it up north and hear this thing in person.

I have no problems meeting you half way cause I'm always driving down to dads house ...

image_url-43297-1379395584.jpg

image_url-43297-1379396377.jpg

Yes, I know I need to reinstall my wheel's center caps and break out the wheel polish ...

Edited by Cablguy184

The drop looks nice Randal!