Randal Johnson

Cablguy184's 97 Chevy Silverado

This is my ride ... 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 Extended Cab ...

My Chevy is getting a total rebuild. Found a MAJOR water leak and messed up ALOT of stuff. Got the water leak fixed.

Now I'm in the process of tearing everything out and starting over.

No speakers or electronics dammaged. I just need to replace fiberglass, carpet and other interior stuff.

If you have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks ... Randal ...

26203460074_large.jpg

26203460071_large.jpg

Will be starting on a-pillars and kick pannels and soon as carpet and wiring work done.

I will be using a pair of BluesCarAudio 6 1/2s and tweeters powered by a Linear Power 2.2HV.

Edited by Cablguy184

Im tuned in :popcorn:

Well hurry up and get started .... laugh.gif

Glad to hear nothing got damaged!

Post as many pics as you can on the progress .... popcorn.gif

I have a pair of Blues 6.5" mids/midbass, would you have the T/S specs for those? PM me if you do!

Please call Ray Rayfield (Linear Power) on the drivers. The link is on my signature.

Thank you guys. I will be taking alot of pics this time.

26203460072_large.jpg

What's the rest of the equipment list? Are you keeping stock looking interior or changing it up alittle?

Anyway's I'm tuned in.popcorn.gif Let's see some more pic's already.

I TOLD you not to put that screw there............ :drink40:

All kidding aside, glad to hear nothing got damaged. Any revisions or just rebuilding the way you had it?

By the way, your heatsink is here, I'll bring it down when I come to the show at the end of the month. Be sure to post LOTS and LOTS of pics.....we LOVE pics!!!!

Do you know when the Blue's website will up? I can't find any info on them? ehh.gif

Ray(tips) is working on all the new sites. We are all waiting!!!

The interior will stay as close to stock as possible. The system will be close to the same with a few changes.

Pioneer headunit, Linear Power PA2 Audiopath, Linear Power X03 crossover.

Front: BluesCarAudio tweets and 6 1/2s powered by a Linear Power 2.2HV

26203464011_large.jpg

26203464010_large.jpg

Rear: RD Audio tweeters on radio power (for now)

Subs: A pair of BluesCarAudio Isoberic 10s powered by a Linear Power 502HV.

26203464014_large.jpg

26203464012_large.jpg

5 batteries, 200 amp alternator, and LOTS of welding cable.

All this subject to change without notice. lol ...

Cool, :drink40: Something I ain't got to fix. Sub box and batteryrack.

sq-mgb got my rear amp comming to me so the amp rack to be worked on. :woot:

26203460046_large.jpg

26203460047_large.jpg

26203460091_large.jpg

26203460016_large.jpg

Got alot of fabricating and fiberglass to do.

Thought you guys might get a kick out of these. Hope you like.

26203460020_medium.jpg ... 26203460027_medium.jpg

The pride of Team Linear Power ... 6 year old Alexis Hill ... Mini MSX SPL

This gal showed everybody at the World Finals how its done by hittin a 180.9 db spl with her powerwheels Caddy ... AWESOME !!!

This thing also plays her favorite music (loud and clear) while showing off her machine to her fans ... most vehicles built like this usually just a one note wonder ... This Caddy beats them all ...

Alexis is in the USACI 180 Club !!! ... www.soundoff.org ... 2 Digital Designs 12s and 2 Linear Power 4.1hvs ...

Definitely can throw out some recommendations. Some pictures of your kicks, description of how you did the aiming, what went into your decision on mounting locations, processor capability you have, end goals (assume SQ from our previous discussions), what you've done for deadening so far, and so on would really help. Obviously having no rears is step 1.

I like your enclosure vents.

From your make of truck, Im going to guess that your heater core went out and a shit load of milky water trashed your floor and everything around it. :shrug:

Whatever it was though, that sucks to start all over again. Good luck with the rebuild. :drink40:

This truck is being built for Sound Quality competition. My class will be judging spl too. I got ALOT of work to do. Thanks for the comments and suggestions. The truck got hit by a huge tree limb before finals last year. We had to replace the hood and right fender. The cowl/vent pannel was broke too and I didn't notice it. Over the Mississippi storms, water got everywhere. my kick pannels and carpet got the worst. Kick pannels should be built by March 27th. Thats the next USACI competition. A-pillars next. I will try to have them done too.

Hard to help without the details I asked for...

As the sayings go, "That's life" and "If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all". Good to hear that the 6's in the kicks didn't get ruined. It would be a good time to put in some deadening!!!

I gotta get some down time to work on mine. I guess that if I pulled my current console/sub box out, I'd get off my butt and get the new one built!!!!! Give me a ring, maybe we can kill 2 birds with one stone.

6appeal, I thought you drove a truck, not a grand national. You need to get it fixed so I can borrow it. :drink40: Sounds like a plan. we can go over to Ray's and build it any time. you got your dementions and stuff? Did you ever figure out your amp rack?

Cablguy,

He let me drive it once....took me a week to wipe the smile off my face! The car I have now is the fastest thing I've ever owned and it's still not as fast as that GN, or anywhere near as fun. :trippy:

I tell you this much....driving it is addictive!!! :woot:

Boost is additive. Why do you think everything I own is either turbocharged or supercharged? :woot: And when we look at new cars for my wife, she demands something with power, meaning a turbocharger or supercharger.

This is my current amp rack. Linear Power 2.2hv and Linear Power 502hv.

26203464013_large.jpg

26203460094_large.jpg

We will be adding a Linear Power 1002 for the rear speakers. So the amp rack will be rebuilt soon. :woot:

We will be adding a Linear Power 1002 for the rear speakers. So the amp rack will be rebuilt soon. :woot:

Save your money. REALLY. Rears aren't going to help and will hurt.

I have my rear speakers installed to where they compliment the front stage. Sorry but I can't explain how thats done at this time. I promise you it works. ask SQ_mgb.

These pics show the As and kicks that are out now. You can see the Headunit, Eq, and Crossover. You would be suprised as to how muck work to get those things into the dash. The work was worth it.

Pioneer DEH6000UB / Linear Power PA2 Audiopath / Linear Power X03 Crossover ...

26203460012_medium.jpg ... 26203460011_medium.jpg

Edited by Cablguy184