Randal Johnson

Cablguy184's 97 Chevy Silverado

I just love you Randy... hahaha ... no homo... But seriously always nice work and I wish that my wallets were a bit fatter so I could get me some Linear Power amps... They just look so serious to me... One day!

I just love you Randy... hahaha ... no homo... But seriously always nice work and I wish that my wallets were a bit fatter so I could get me some Linear Power amps... They just look so serious to me... One day!

LOL ... Thank you Sir !!!

I try to keep things as simple as possible and be very effective at the same time. This would be alot easier if I didn't have to drive and work out of this truck everyday ... My pockets/wallets are not fat by any means, I saved my money for this system a LONG time before I bought product, and to be honnest, the upkeep on this truck is kicking my ass !!! But ... its worth the trouble every time I drive it down the road !!! I have alot to do to it before I can get to Lebanon, Tn for MECA World Finals. Hopefully I will see you SSA compadras there !!!

If you're interested, I still have that minty Linear Power 2.2hv for sale to get you set up on that front stage you've been working on ...

LOL ... Thank you Sir !!!

I try to keep things as simple as possible and be very effective at the same time. This would be alot easier if I didn't have to drive and work out of this truck everyday ... My pockets/wallets are not fat by any means, I saved my money for this system a LONG time before I bought product, and to be honnest, the upkeep on this truck is kicking my ass !!! But ... its worth the trouble every time I drive it down the road !!! I have alot to do to it before I can get to Lebanon, Tn for MECA World Finals. Hopefully I will see you SSA compadras there !!!

If you're interested, I still have that minty Linear Power 2.2hv for sale to get you set up on that front stage you've been working on ...

I'll keep that in mind....

Small update ... Took out the rear battery bank (three Alpha jell cell batteries) and reconfigured the wiring to the amp rack (located under the rear seat) ...

Didn't seem to hurt the electrical any, considering Ive had it set up overkill all this time ... Every thing seems to be working fine with the new amplifiers ...

That unloaded over 300 pounds of weight out of the bed of my truck !!! better ride and seems to be a tad better on gas mileage !!! This needed to be done !!!

If the truck needs the extra batteries, I may need to come up with something better than the way I had it 4 sure !!! maybe a frame mounted battery bank or something ???

Went to a local USACI show/event over the past weekend (not competing, just for demo, hang out with the car audio crowd and have some fun) ...

Did quite a few demos with the truck and did not run into any issues with removing the rear battery bank ...

I'm glad too ... The new Linear Power amps don't seem as "power hungry" as the old schoolers ...

Edited by Cablguy184

Thats good man!!! Wish they updated their site though....

Thats good man!!! Wish they updated their site though....

Thanks ... and i agree !!!

I have no need to qualify for USACI World Finals this year because there is no way I can go to Indiana that weekend and be at MECA World Finals the next weekend ... Insane that they set it up like that, but what can you do ??

Heck, I didn't even know about the event in my home town until I got my email for Finals registration (there were alot of events on that email that was not listed/ updated on the USACI site) ...

Indiana is just too far away for me to drive this year. I think MECA is in the same location in Tennessee every year ... and around the exact same time every year too ... I'd like to start competing IASCA some too, but no events close to me.

Well guys ... Looks like as soon as I get back from MECA World Finals (and I get my much needed demos from the MODDEX competitors), My dash, A-pillars, Kick pannels are comming out for a full "Front Stage" modification ... Got some new ideas and Plan to go "Big Air" with it ... If it works out like I plan, Should be VERY interesting ... Stay tuned !!!

I'm not changing brands, and its not going to be like ANY other setup normal to Sound Quality ...

I'm keeping my center channel and rears ... So no need for discussion in this, I want to keep my 5.1 Surround Sound if only for personal reasons because I use this system for much more than just competiton ...

I'm stuck in the Higher classes with the Big Dogs so I might as well go "Balls to the Wall" with it ...

But keep this in mind ... I ONLY compete 2 seat judging classes !!!

I am NOT going to time align to the drivers seat only ... Absolutely a waste of time in my opinion ...

If you meeet me at MECA Finals, I will be glad to discuss this and give my ideas and get yours !!!

But I'm not posting actual plans just yet ... I'm only making measurements at this time ...

I can say that my front stage will be pushing somewhere around 750 watts rms ...

That would be 2 Linear Power LP2150s and a LP2075 (Left, Right, and Center) ...

Thanks SSA

Randal ...

Edited by Cablguy184

But keep this in mind ... I ONLY compete 2 seat judging classes !!!

I am NOT going to time align to the drivers seat only ... Absolutely a waste of time in my opinion ...

I can say that my front stage will be pushing somewhere around 750 watts rms ...

That would be 2 Linear Power LP2150s and a LP2075 (Left, Right, and Center) ...

Absolute waste of time to have a great sounding system for yourself. Interesting. Personally I find it an absolute waste of time to give a crap about my passenger. It's my car. Demo's can happen in the drivers seat.

And no, you will not be putting 750w rms to your front stage. Perhaps you will have ti available, but it will not be playing that rms value.

Absolute waste of time to have a great sounding system for yourself. Interesting. Personally I find it an absolute waste of time to give a crap about my passenger. It's my car. Demo's can happen in the drivers seat.

And no, you will not be putting 750w rms to your front stage. Perhaps you will have ti available, but it will not be playing that rms value.

When we go on vacation of on trips, my wife or kids drive and I sit in the passenger seat ... So I want it to sound just as good as the driver seat ...

As far as the new Linear Power amps go, I'm not going to get into this conversation with you Sir. I just know what the amps are rated at and how many I'm running ... So if it never sees 750w, whatever ... I'm looking for MASSIVE head room and Damping Factor anyways ...

Here you go Sean ...

Well, we have been doing a little more testing with the LP2250, we had it and a set of the Blues BL6.5CP components in two cabinets we built and were doing listening tests. Jeri really could not believe the component set could take the 2250 so we set it up for him to hear in a lab condition with a regulated power supply source to power the amp and an oscilloscope attached to watch the output. We didnt really believe it ourselves but with the speakers presenting a fairly stable 3 ohm load to the amp; the amp was sending peaks of up to 62 volts to the speakers If you do the math that is over 1250 watts per channel peak power into the component set. You couldnt do that with most other amps, if any, even our old amps, because they dont have the damping factor, headroom or transient response to control the speaker. We have said this amp was going to have some serious headroom!!

When you time align to the drivers seat, it doesn't sound terrible to everyone else in the vehicle. Just not as good. If its just you in the truck most of the time, I would highly recommend it.

When you time align to the drivers seat, it doesn't sound terrible to everyone else in the vehicle. Just not as good. If its just you in the truck most of the time, I would highly recommend it.

I'm NEVER by myself in my truck (I could see this if I was single and no kids) ... I either have my wife or my kids with me ...

And when people demo my truck, its usually 2 at a time ... driver and passenger

Besides ... Its really cool to score just as high 2 seat (harder scores to get) than scores MOST people get with just single seat ...

Crazy thing is that with this Kenwood DNX9980HD head unit, All I have to do is measure a person to my drivers and with a few small adjustments, Its time aligned to anyone who wants a demo for Single seat judging ... Its basically set up for it, I just like to remeasure to be as absolutely as close as possible for full effect ... Thats no problem there ...

My main purpose for this upgrade is to get better insturment positioning ... absolute attention to details ... I known for a while that my tweeters need to be moved and complety realigned. But to be honnest, they are not that far off ... its just the trouble of making new A-pillars

I wish I could figure out a way to make adjustable mounts for them ... LOL, but don't think thats goint to happen ... I want to take my dash out now for this, but I have to wait until after MECA world Finals. So if you guys come talk to me, I'm all open for suggestions and discussion !!!

Thanks SSA ...

Randal

Alton ... If you ever read this post ... shoot me a PM sometime ...

I'd like to discuss this thread with you Sir ...

I'd like to discuss this thread with you Sir ... http://www.soundsolu...e-of-acoustics/

Or just post in the thread. Gee, what's a forum for...

Crazy thing is that with this Kenwood DNX9980HD head unit, All I have to do is measure a person to my drivers and with a few small adjustments, Its time aligned to anyone who wants a demo for Single seat judging .

Ha, not quite that simple.

I'd like to discuss this thread with you Sir ... http://www.soundsolu...e-of-acoustics/

Or just post in the thread. Gee, what's a forum for...

Crazy thing is that with this Kenwood DNX9980HD head unit, All I have to do is measure a person to my drivers and with a few small adjustments, Its time aligned to anyone who wants a demo for Single seat judging .

Ha, not quite that simple.

I'd rather talk to him personally ... less confusion

and No, It wasnt easy to set up. It took a while, but all my settings are stored in memory ...

So yes, it is that simple to operate and adjust settings ... I change it up from two seat judging to one seat judging at just about every show I give demos ...

You just have to know your equipment ... Thats all

Sounds more like you want to mislead him and are afraid of doing it publicly.

No Sir ... Not at all

I want to ...... Well, Its none of your business why I want to talk to him ...

No Sir ... Not at all

I want to ...... Well, Its none of your business why I want to talk to him ...

You made the request in public on purpose. It fits your persona. Along with being uber confused about many rather simple details.

Ok Sir ... Forget about it, I do not need to talk to him ...

I will delete that post as soon as I get back to a computer

Sorry to burden you about this, thank you for your time.

Thanks Sean ...

Randal

So are all you guys gonna do is argue everytime Randall makes a post, just clutters up the build thread.

So are all you guys gonna do is argue everytime Randall makes a post, just clutters up the build thread.

Thank you Sir ... Its all good

I had a long conversation with Aaron Clinton about it ... Its ok

Going today and talk to Linear Power's Jimmy Walker (aka Thunder) about getting all of my trim rings done for my Dash / A-pillar / kick pannel project !!!

Left / Right / and Center Channel !!! Not even a fraction of what we have planned, but its a start !!!

I will try to get a vid and some pics of his Shop Bot cutting them out ...

2012 MECA World Finals http://www.mecacarau.../10-13-12TN.jpg

I will be in the Linear Power / Blues Car Audio Booth Giving demos and Showing off New Products !!!

Come by and check out Robert Rayfield's Ford Excape and my "White Lightning" Silverado !!!

Both vehicles have the NEW Linear Power amps set up for your listening pleasure !!!

SEE YOU THERE !!!

Yes Sir !!! I will be reppin them Hyper Automotive LEDs and HIDs too !!!