Randal Johnson

Cablguy184's 97 Chevy Silverado

gallery_405_50_50827.jpg

gallery_405_50_39745.jpg

Yes, Linear Power Amplifiers are being built in this picture ...

gallery_405_50_191289.jpg

gallery_405_50_17054.jpg

gallery_405_50_51222.jpg

And here we go ... A couple of measuring sticks to use while talking to peeps at MECA World Finals ...

gallery_405_50_6464.jpg

These are nowhere nears finished product to be used on the truck, but will work for now !!!

Edited by Cablguy184

Man I would love to use that machine, just for few minutes thats all I need. haha

looks sick man!!! Can't wait for the build updates!!!

looks awesome!

2012 MECA World Finals http://www.mecacarau.../10-13-12TN.jpg

I will be in the Linear Power / Blues Car Audio Booth Giving demos and Showing off New Products !!!

Come by and check out Robert Rayfield's Ford Excape and my "White Lightning" Silverado !!!

Both vehicles have the NEW Linear Power amps set up for your listening pleasure !!!

SEE YOU THERE !!!

See you there bubba!

:ninja:

randal_finals_09.jpg

"Dey see me trollin"

Man I would love to use that machine, just for few minutes thats all I need. haha

looks sick man!!! Can't wait for the build updates!!!

looks awesome!

Thank you guys ... Yes, we will be using that machine for everything we cut for on my truck from now on ...

Once we figure out the "angle of the dangle" for the drivers going up in the dash/A-pillar area, we will make new trim rings for that ... Can't get any "close" measuremants until we have time to pull the A-pillars, dask, and winshield if and when needed ...

2012 MECA World Finals http://www.mecacarau.../10-13-12TN.jpg

I will be in the Linear Power / Blues Car Audio Booth Giving demos and Showing off New Products !!!

Come by and check out Robert Rayfield's Ford Excape and my "White Lightning" Silverado !!!

Both vehicles have the NEW Linear Power amps set up for your listening pleasure !!!

SEE YOU THERE !!!

See you there bubba!

Awesome !!! I should be there by Friday afternoon, and chances are that I will be in the demo booth for most of this event ...

So PLEASE come find me so we can chat ...

ninja.gif

randal_finals_09.jpg

"Dey see me trollin"

I will not see a trophy at this event. (Demo only) ... unless I place in the night glow competition (if they have it) ...

That was a fun day when that pic was taken !!! Thank you !!!

It doesn't take long to set it up ... just measure and remeasure everything, plug in all your numbers ...

What takes most of the time is to make sure all of your lines and angles are correct. It is VERY "Attention to Details" specific !!!

This weekend I get to use the truck to haul in all the materials for my wife's floweer beds, then get it cleaned up for Demo at MECA World Finals by next weekend. Hopefully we can find some time to go to the Mississsippi State Fair this week ...

Then, After all of that, I got to save up for the materials to get started on this project ... From the looks of things, its not going to be easy getting a Linear/Blues "passive" 5.25 component set in this dash/A-Pillar area. But we have a game plan !!!

I'm also hoping to get some work done to my center channel area, and finish up my Air Conditioning control module relocation project too ...

Hopefully next year I can find another truck to drive full time an be able to finally get the chance to trick this old Chevy out !!!

I'm hoping to get alot of demos this weekend from the MECA Moddex and Expert classes to get an Idea on how I need to set up my angles and aiming directions ... I have the basic ideas, but more help the better !!!

I sure hope to see alot of the SSA members there !!! I want to get your opinions on what you think of my old truck and out new ideas !!! And you can bet your ASS I'm going to be ready for some BASS Demos !!!

I'll be looking for updates. Truck sounds damn good as it was.

Thank you Sir ... Yea, had a long talk about it (And next years judging at Scrapin the Coast) with Ralph Randall when we was at that last show. Should be an interesting upgrade, just hope I can get it done before MECA SBN ...

Congrats on your car holding together during that bass beat down you gave it all day at the Pearl, MS event !!!

This is not good ... Had MAJOR problems with the Truck's engine this week.

I've got to get this fixed by today, tomorrow the latest, or else I'm going to be in trouble !!!

It has been running with no problems, then I was going to Thunder39208's shop (to discuss the front stage upgrade) and just as it was changing into second gear, the Tack went straight to zero and the engine just died. No fuel going into the injectors ... Something shut the system off, not sure exactly what happened ...

Checked fuel pump, changed fuel filter, got fuel pressure in the rails ... but IDK why its got going through the EFI.

Taking it to a shop today and HOPEFULLY get this thing fixed !!!

Any suggestions on what to check would be very helpful ...

Wish me luck ...

Edited by Cablguy184

My 350 had a similar issue in my boat. Oil pressure switch going to the ECU was bad. MEFI controller shut off the fuel when it saw it. I've never heard of that in a vehicle but since I went through the fun of trouble shooting it I thought I'd share. I haven't actually replaced the switch yet either though, just pulled the wire off it.

My 350 had a similar issue in my boat. Oil pressure switch going to the ECU was bad. MEFI controller shut off the fuel when it saw it. I've never heard of that in a vehicle but since I went through the fun of trouble shooting it I thought I'd share. I haven't actually replaced the switch yet either though, just pulled the wire off it.

Thank you Sir ... I was thinking a sensor / pressure switch too, but the computer gave it a clean bill of health ...

So we installed a pressure guage on the fuel lines ... Bad fuel pump only pushing out 15 psi instead of the normal 55 psi ...

Got it changed out and working fine !!!

Edited by Cablguy184

Hey Brother, while I have you here ...

I am having my external hard drive reformatted and getting rid of the partitions ...

Now, my new home computer (windows 7) will only format in EX FAT ... and my Kenwood headunit reads it fine (with the partition), but I'm wondering if I format the entire drive like this, will it work ???

Also, do you have your drive hooked up to where one leg of the USB goes to the source unit and the other goes to a 12 volt source (like a sigarette lighter) ... or do you just have one USB line going directly from your source unit to your external hard drive ???

Edited by Cablguy184

I have a gig formatted in FAT. You can't use windows to do it though.

Need a 12v source as a remote drive takes too much power for a USB2.0 plug.

*oh, and my computer shows clean as well even though the sensor puked

Ok ... Thank you Sir

Yep, I'm running mine to a 12volt source too.

When we poured gas directly into the CFI and it started, it was a no brainer after that. We went and got us a fuel pressure guage.

I'll be looking for updates. Truck sounds damn good as it was.

Thank you Sir ... Yea, had a long talk about it (And next years judging at Scrapin the Coast) with Ralph Randall when we was at that last show. Should be an interesting upgrade, just hope I can get it done before MECA SBN ...

Congrats on your car holding together during that bass beat down you gave it all day at the Pearl, MS event !!!

Thanks man. I'm not done beating the shit out of it yet lol.

Glad to see you got your truck running right. I hate the injection setup on those trucks with a passion. I'd honestly rather have TBI.

I hate the injection setup on those trucks with a passion. I'd honestly rather have TBI.

Me too !!! You don't know how bad I want to change it to a 4 barrel setup ...

You can format a large HDD to fat32 with a CMD prompt or with some formatting software.

You can format a large HDD to fat32 with a CMD prompt or with some formatting software.

I think this is how my friend is doing this for me ... I'm not sure, I just need it done

Thank you Sir

I used a WD disk utility that was free. Probably an easier way, but it was pretty easy.

Made it to MECA World Finals !!!

Good luck to all those that entered this competition and see you there !!!

MECA world Finals was a BLAST !!! Gave a ton of demos and got me a ton of SQ and Bass demos !!! Absolutely Awesome !!!

Steve Stern is running a great company ...

Swift ... Awesome Guy with a Bad Ass truck !!! I will be back up that way soon to see the new enclosure !!!

I just wish I'd had more time to take more pics and vids ...

Hope to see more SSA members at the next big event ... I will try and make a few smaller MECA events, but with my front stage upgrade, its looking like SBN will be my next big event and I will be competing Moddex and SQ2 this year, and hopefully the "ride the light"/night glow show !!!

Got a few yards to cut so I can buy the materials to get started on my dash ... Later guys !!!

Thank you SSA

Randal