Randal Johnson

Cablguy184's 97 Chevy Silverado

If you want to go further in competition you need to open your mind. Currently your "secrets" aren't enough once there is real competition. Not my worry if you don't want to do better, but your golden attitude is amusing.

Wow M5, I wouldn't have an attitude if you would quit talking negative all the time.

I do have a few questions for you though,

Do you compete?

Have you ever been to a World Finals event??

Have you ever been on stage with some of the best competitors in the world?

Do you know what its like for your "under $4000.00" systen actually beat some of the best competitors in the business?

Has a person on your team set a World Record number in spl competition?

Can your system play notes under 25 htz?

I can answer yes to all of these questions. Can you?

If you want to go further in competition you need to open your mind. Currently your "secrets" aren't enough once there is real competition. Not my worry if you don't want to do better, but your golden attitude is amusing.

Secrets? What secrets?? Cable's system is just what it appears to be, and nothing more. It's a K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) system. No 30 drivers, no 10 amps, no high dollar head units, no 128 band mono eq's, no super computer required to run all the processing. It is so simplistic, that it blows you away that the sound of that system, comes from THAT system, and it scares the hell out of systems that 10x as much. I saw, heard and discussed the previous systems in his truck and will surely do the same in any updates. I'm not afraid the give critical analysis of his system and expect the same from him about mine. I think his truck sounds better than mine due to the awesome staging, he thinks mine sounds better tonaly, and we both are waiting to hear SQ_MGB's.

Golden attitude, please get over yourself. He's enjoying his system and competing with it. You've offered him help several times, yet he's not asked for it. I guess here come my ban!

Wow M5, I wouldn't have an attitude if you would quit talking negative all the time.

Do you compete?

Do you know what its like for your "under $4000.00" systen actually beat some of the best competitors in the business?

What if I answered YES to everyone of your questions, would that make my credentials better so you'd actually offer help instead of gibberish. Funny thing is, I can and AM trying to help you improve your score and believe me if you listen and interact positively it will. Unlike yourself I'll be glad to let my knowledge and answers speak for myself and not post my "history".

Secrets? What secrets?? Cable's system is just what it appears to be, and nothing more. It's a K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) system. No 30 drivers, no 10 amps, no high dollar head units, no 128 band mono eq's, no super computer required to run all the processing. It is so simplistic, that it blows you away that the sound of that system, comes from THAT system, and it scares the hell out of systems that 10x as much. I saw, heard and discussed the previous systems in his truck and will surely do the same in any updates. I'm not afraid the give critical analysis of his system and expect the same from him about mine. I think his truck sounds better than mine due to the awesome staging, he thinks mine sounds better tonaly, and we both are waiting to hear SQ_MGB's.

Golden attitude, please get over yourself. He's enjoying his system and competing with it. You've offered him help several times, yet he's not asked for it. I guess here come my ban!

Secrets was a joke, he didn't want to share them. If you guys would hop off your equipment touting horse you'd see what is happening.

Funny you claim no high dollar head units but run Linear Power. Stop being equipment rubes and instead realize it is the INSTALL that matters.

Lol, no one is going to ban anyone but we will laugh.

I've tried to explain everything about my truck.

You are correct. Installation is 50% and equipment is 50%.

That myth about rear speakers is something like you said in another post about 12s not sounding better than 15s, or 6 1/2s can't be made to sound better than 8s. Anything is possible sir if the installation is correct.

Installation and Equipment can not work without the other. The guys that helped me are proven to be the best in the competition world.

Mulitple time world champions. They know what it takes to win. We've proven that. Impious made alot of sence in his post and

I very much thanked him for that. That man knows his shit !!!

Alot of people want good sound. ALOT of people want to be the best in car audio.

When you pull up into a parking lot, you want to have the baddest ass system there !!! I only give suggestions that I use myself to be the best in my game. They are teaching me what it takes to win.

Compared to amps today, Linear Power is not expensive. Just very good electronics and have a VERY long use life.

As for BluesCarAudio, well, the car audio world is in for a shock.

I've tried to explain everything about my truck.

Actually you didn't even answer my first question, but perhaps you don't know the answer...just like you didn't know what song you tuned your enclosure for.

You are correct. Installation is 50% and equipment is 50%.

Equipment isn't that important. By no means am I saying arbitrary equipment is necessary, but no need to split hairs and spending extra regularly doesn't buy you anything. A great install of mediocre equipment will always beat a mediocre install of great equipment. ALWAYS.

That myth about rear speakers is something like you said in another post about 12s not sounding better than 15s, or 6 1/2s can't be made to sound better than 8s. Anything is possible sir if the installation is correct.

Oh, I understand exactly what they could be used for, but am also sure that isn't why you are using them. Of course you could clarify this in less than a sentence, that is assuming you know. Another way to do this if you aren't sure because someone else is doing your install is to describe what processing you will be using on your rears.

Installation and Equipment can not work without the other. The guys that helped me are proven to be the best in the competition world.

Mulitple time world champions. They know what it takes to win. We've proven that.

You aren't part of that we. You can easily prove things, but again instead of 'tooting your horn' citing what you think you've done, just answer the question and it will be obvious whether you are actually helpful or just posing.

Alot of people want good sound. ALOT of people want to be the best in car audio.

When you pull up into a parking lot, you want to have the baddest ass system there !!! I only give suggestions that I use myself to be the best in my game. They are teaching me what it takes to win.

I completely disagree, I could give a crap what anyone else has. I am a music lover and want to have the best sounding system for me. Rarely am I even interested in demoing it for anyone as I don't care what they think. So far your suggestions have been to copy you or use what gear you have and regularly for applications that are completely different than yours. So either you really don't get it or you give terrible advice.

Compared to amps today, Linear Power is not expensive. Just very good electronics and have a VERY long use life.

As for BluesCarAudio, well, the car audio world is in for a shock.

Not expensive and also not special. Worrying about the acoustic signature of your amplifiers is the least of your worries, you have many other things that make a much bigger difference.

I hope BCA does shock the world, but considering there is no new technology in the drivers I really don't expect to be wowed. I am sure that there are many comparable and better drivers available, although I'd love to be proven wrong. If they are so shocking, perhaps you could explain ANY technical advantage they will have over all the other drivers currently available.

Are you thick? You remember the other thread where you admitted you lied about those frequencies even being in ANYTHING you listen to?

When you pull up into a parking lot, you want to have the baddest ass system there

I don't want to have the "baddest ass system"... i want to have a system that makes me happy. If there is a guy on my left who has a better SQ setup and a guy on my right who can hit 180db... i don't really care that my system isn't as good as theres. Sure, i'll walk over and see whats up and what they are running. But i don't get my self esteem and my hard-ons from having a better system than everyone else when i pull into a parking lot.

I've been reading you're bickering with M5 for about 20 minutes now on different threads. I usually try to avoid conflict because my knowledge is limited. But sense I've read all the arguing I would have to agree with M5. Stating your achievements over and over and over again is rather annoying. It's in your signature. We can see it. And you often fail to answer M5's questions... i don't remember what thread it was... it was the one where Impious chimed in. I have no personal experience from them but they both seem extremely helpful and intelligent when it comes to this stuff. I mean, on the forum homepage they hold the top two spots for most supportive. They know their stuff. I would like to say the same to you... but in my opinion, you haven't exactly proven that. You have said some good, helpful things. But then alot of the time some dumb-ass comments come out of your mouth. Like the whole notes below 25hz in daily music thing. Just take M5's comments. Sure, he doesn't exactly have Santa Claus like cheer, but he's got knowledge. And i feel like you do as well but you're hiding it. Either that or whoever really set-up your truck has the knowledge.

I respect your competitive spirit. But gloating about winning just makes you seem immature. And i definitely respect your relationship to Blues car audio. Better luck on your truck. My explorer back window had a water leak itself (funny how that happens when someone breaks your rear window :ehh: ), luckily no equipment was inside. If there are any comps near Michigan i would love and come check out your truck.

I admitted that just so you would :shutup:

Please get out of my build log.

You havent give me any suggestions. just bla,bla,bla.

If you think you are better than me ... That challenge is still open.

man i want that challenge to go down sooo bad. I don't mind being proved wrong and having M5 loose, i just want it to happen.

I admitted that just so you would :shutup:

Then you can solve the whole issue right now and answer the question. Either you are lying or it exists. If you don't answer EVERYONE here will again know that you didn't admit it so I'd be quiet but that you were lying, if you truly know then just answer the question. Very simple. If you truly compete and really need 25Hz and you choose the album (which you did) then you can easily state not only what instrument, but what point in what song it occurs otherwise you obviously did not design your system for that.

It is up to you to FINALLY actually show you know something or admit again you are lying. There are only two choices. Pick.

Sounds great guys ... M5, Our conversation is over sir. Thank you for your time.

man i want that challenge to go down sooo bad. I don't mind being proved wrong and having M5 loose, i just want it to happen.

The only thing it would prove is that I'd be dumb enough to invest the time to chase down someone who knows nothing and rub in the fact that they don't.

Sounds great guys ... M5, Our conversation is over sir. Thank you for your time.

So it wasn't just to get me to shut up. Continue spewing lies and misinfo :( :( :(

Do you compete?

You put waaayyyy too much emphasis on competition.

I read a joke (I think it was a joke?) once about two world renowned poets in heaven arguing about which of them was the best poet who had ever lived. God intervened by explaining that neither of them was the best poet that had ever lived....the best poet that ever lived was a man no one had ever heard of, who kept every poem he had ever written hid in a chest at the foot of his bed.

The moral of the story relates here..... ;)

Thought you guys might get a kick out of these. Hope you like.

26203460020_medium.jpg ... 26203460027_medium.jpg

The pride of Team Linear Power ... 6 year old Alexis Hill ... Mini MSX SPL

This gal showed everybody at the World Finals how its done by hittin a 180.9 db spl with her powerwheels Caddy ... AWESOME !!!

This thing also plays her favorite music (loud and clear) while showing off her machine to her fans ... most vehicles built like this usually just a one note wonder ... This Caddy beats them all ...

Alexis is in the USACI 180 Club !!! ... www.soundoff.org ... 2 Digital Designs 12s and 2 Linear Power 4.1hvs ...

thats awsome :drink40:

yea, that thing is neat to watch ...

26203460054_medium.jpg ... 26203460055_medium.jpg26203460025_medium.jpg

I will not say another thing about competition again on this forum. Is it ok if I keep my signature updated if I get lucky and win anymore?

Edited by Cablguy184

I will not say another thing about competition again on this forum. Is it ok if I keep my signature updated if I get lucky and win anymore?

It's your sig broha. I'm pretty sure you can add the results of any competition you've been in.

I think I might add the pie-eating contest results from my county fair last summer... I beasted it up.

Good luck with your build. :drink40:

Thought you guys might get a kick out of these. Hope you like.

26203460020_medium.jpg ... 26203460027_medium.jpg

The pride of Team Linear Power ... 6 year old Alexis Hill ... Mini MSX SPL

This gal showed everybody at the World Finals how its done by hittin a 180.9 db spl with her powerwheels Caddy ... AWESOME !!!

This thing also plays her favorite music (loud and clear) while showing off her machine to her fans ... most vehicles built like this usually just a one note wonder ... This Caddy beats them all ...

Alexis is in the USACI 180 Club !!! ... www.soundoff.org ... 2 Digital Designs 12s and 2 Linear Power 4.1hvs ...

thats awsome :drink40:

Im jealous because of all the sports I played growing up I never got a trophy that big and most of my trophies are for first place. Good way to keep it all in the family, at least you know when she gets older and a real car she will be helping with the install and not watching. :fing34:

i am into the caddy for sure, but i am totally lost about the score, 180.9..........is this db's?

not sure i understand.

chop

i am into the caddy for sure, but i am totally lost about the score, 180.9..........is this db's?

not sure i understand.

chop

That is dB's sir.....she's an official member of the 180dB club on USAC. Alexis Hill is her name. Her father Eddie Hill was also a good competitor in his own right. I believe he did very well in 96, 97, 98, and 99 or something like that. Had a really cool truck that was painted with polka dots that faded from white to turquoise and his plates said, "U C DOTS." I can't remember what all he had in there, but it was a really nice build.

Alexis had two Digital Designs 12's running off a pair of LP 4.1HV's on her stretched powerwheels Caddy. I'm not sure of the particulars of how they score those, from what I understand there is a box that the subwoofers play into and they put the sensor in that. The rest I can't help with because I just don't know. This year's finals was the first time I ever saw a powerwheels vehicle, so they are new to me and I just don't know that much about them.

If you want to know anything else, I'll see her father at the end of the month and I can ask him then.

Definitely keep it in your signature and definitely announce it when you win. Everyone will be happy for you. Just don't use it as a reason for what your answer is in a thread. Answer technically and you don't need to rationalize anything with competition.

please do so, by what i know about spl, and what i have looked into meca's kids......., i am still at aw of the numbers.

these kids are too awesome when they get into this, seen it at Carl Casper not too long ago

chop

Do you compete?

gave it to him lol :lol2::+1:

Chop,

What do you want me to find out for you? I know it has batteries somewhere under the bodywork, but I don't know the voltage of them. I will try to get better pics if she and her father go to the show at the end of the month. Is there anything in particular you want me to ask him/them?