Randal Johnson

Cablguy184's 97 Chevy Silverado

i guess from the db side of it, would be, what type of mic was it? what frequency was that at? where was the mic placement? was this Meca kids comp? definetly would like to know amps fusing and battery count as well as voltage.

more pics would be awesome if he had them, showing the build closer.....

thing is, i have seen concrete vaults on wheels basicly, stuffed with batteries, amps and multiple high powered subs, ................ and these guys strugle to hit a number like that.....

sorta curious to the entire nature of a 180.9 db score with two 12"s in an opened top install, ..........

just blown away by it, i just know i am missing something....

i have seen low 140's with them, 180's is crazy.....

any one else have some input on this....

help ol' chop out.

thanks

The reason why the db reading is so high, he said they put the sensor in the box.

The mic is whatever they use in dB drag. The mic is then placed in a box on the passenger side of the power wheel vehicle. The subs play into that box, but I've not seen how it works. The way I imagine it is a box with the subs on top and an opening sort of like a square box on the front of that kind of like a compression chamber that everything funnels into.

Again, I haven't seen it so I can't say for sure. I'll print out your post and get as much info as I can. I do know it was digital designs 12's, don't know the series however. The amps were Linear Power 4.1HV's. I know there were other batteries, but I'll have to ask what they were.

The vehicle competed in USACi finals in Tulsa where it made that score. You can search for Alexis Hill in USAC and I believe there is a video on YouTube that shows the run. The cd player was skipping like crazy but they finally got it to hold long enough to set the score.

As for the rest, I'll get as much info as they will give me. Hope that answered some of your questions, I'll try to answer the rest as best I can after I talk to them.

26203460056_medium.jpg ... 26203460062_medium.jpg

The meter was a termlab.

Eddie, Mike, and Ray are the mesterminds behind this system.

i bet that is one of the big keys to my confusion, the box....... have not seen that style , not that i have seen a bunch on this at all.

i seen meca, and read up on thier rules for kryssy..... ( my youngest)

the mic placement if outside, the fusing looks like it will be different as well....

the body mod might be out of line for thier taste too i believe....

another question, does the caddy drive still?

the box has to be one of the big factors,,heck, i would not have anything to compare that too really....

that is still alot of power there for sure.

i will look this up this wekend with kryssy, so if you find any more, we will be looking forward to it....

so, what was like second, third, fourth....etc, place?

!!!

i mean is this any where close to a norm on this particular style scoreing?

this is just too cool.....

My ass did a 184.9 yesterday.

:shrug:

My ass did a 184.9 yesterday.

:shrug:

I bet that left a mark. :ehh:

The USACI rules state that the vehicle has to be driven to the lanes (by the kid).

Perform just like a regular vehicle. Then driven back to the parking area.

mike goes in to the passenger floor board area just like any competition vehicle.

Stock electrical system (stereo not included).

5 batteries(I think) 4 for amps and 1 for vehicle. 14.4v system on amps. 12v for vehicle.

Vechicle is very heavy but can be driven just like any power wheels.

This vehicle won first place at the finals in her class and is a World Record holder in her class. MINI MSX SPL / USACI.

LMAO@ Duran! I guess it was a brown note then?

Cool Guys, Back to the truck ...

Got the kick pannels together and test fitted. :woot:

26203460059_medium.jpg ... 26203460058_medium.jpg ... 26203460061_medium.jpg ... 26203460060_medium.jpg

Got them wraped for resin but don't have acess to dig cam. (forgot to buy a paintbrush). Have everything up this weekend. thanks ... :drink40:

Got the kick pannels together and test fitted. woot.gif

26203460059_medium.jpg ... 26203460058_medium.jpg ... 26203460061_medium.jpg ... 26203460060_medium.jpg

Is this built using the factory kick? You need to make you pic's bigger bro.

Coming along nicely my Brother. I enjoy checking out your work as the patience shows in the final project.

Looks like you changed the angle? :shrug: Looks to be laid back a bit more. :shrug: Come by the store and see me this weekend since I have to work all weekend. :trippy:

Got the kick pannels together and test fitted. woot.gif

Is this built using the factory kick? You need to make you pic's bigger bro.

Coming along nicely my Brother. I enjoy checking out your work as the patience shows in the final project.

Those are built off the factory kick panel, per Cablguy. He said he would post more pics in a little while.

Hey Cablguy.....we're waiting!!!! :drink40::popcorn:

6appeal, your checking things out with the wrong eye sir ... lol ... just kidding.

According to the measuring tape, they are the same. these are just sitting there not bolted down.

They should straighten up.

The baffles and pedistals are larger than the others. The material is alot thicker too.

Should get a little more "kick" out of them ... :drink40:

yes, a-pillars and kick pannels are the original pannels with extra stuff on them.

I'm not good at computer skills so I don't know how to make the pictures bigger.

Can someone tell me how to set them up??

They are comming from my cardomain site.

man, this sux!!! too much work, not enough pay, weather has been bad,

show comming up, damn kick pannels ain't done yet .... :WTFBubble:

Have you opened up the fender some underneath them yet?

yea sir, they are baffled. cold weather got me working and can't get the fiberglass done.

Good because the little area behind the kicks isn't big enough otherwise.

ain't no little path there now, you see the holes cut through the pannels in the pics?

I meant the metal in the fender, not the plastic...

yea we cut that to ... I noticed we didn't take a pic of the panel by itself. sorr bout that.

No worries, just wanted to make sure you gave your mids room to breath. Most people don't when they do kicks which regularly can defeat all the positives you could possible have by running your drivers there.

Now we just need to convert you to running active. :P

actually, I have a active crossover: LP X03. It's just crossed over on the low side at 32 htz. the high side is up real high for the tweeters. The tweeters are whats actually passively crossed over at 3000 htz. Ray is using my truck as a demo so what he says goes on that part. But I'll tell ya, It sounds great. (if I can get the kicks finished)

IMO an active crossover NEEDS selectable slopes, is better with phase control (easier than doing it manually), digital selectability of the cross point, and of course goodies like eq and t/a don't hurt either but could surely be independent.