Randal Johnson

Cablguy184's 97 Chevy Silverado

What exactly did you do differen't?

Love the A-Pillar tweets!

Thanks bro !!!

Got the 20s !!! (a birthday present from dad)

Got the kick pannels rebuilt with the NEW Blues 6.5 components. Cleaned up the dash.

Future plans are a set of bucket seats with a console / floor shifter, and possibly new sub enclosure (in the center console) ...

maybe a new grant sterring wheel ...

And of course, open for suggestions ...

Linear Power 2.2hv and Linear Power 502hv

26203464013_large.jpg

Amp rack located under rear seat, but soon to be relocated on a motorized amp rack in the bed above the sub enclosure and battery rack ...

A Very Special Thanks goes out to Team Linear Power / Blues Car Audio !!!

26203464015_large.jpg

More updates to the build log and signature ...

I need Yo to do my kicks lol

No problem sir ... I'd rather you hit me up on Audio Addicts ...

I will help out any way I can ... :drink40:

I'm thinking about replacing my Blues 6.5" component set with the Blues 8" component set ... Just minor work to my kick pannels and should be good to go ...

Then relocating the 6.5" component set to the rear stage ... ALOT of work to the rear Quarter pannel and 3rd door but should be worth it ...

No tweeters will be moved ... just replacing the rear RD Alpha tweeters with the Blues ...

Should be a MAJOR improvement ...

Just hope I can get this (and some deadning in the process) done before Scrapin the Coast ... :drink40:

26203464038_large.jpg

Seriously can't believe how small those crossovers are, obviously a bunch of cheap ass components in them. If you switch and have to use Blues I'd highly suggest at least running them active.

I wouldn't run rear fill in the Silvy either. Doesn't help and does a whole lot of bad.

Honnestly Sean, I wasn't asking for your opinion ... But thank you for those kind words of encouragement ... :drink40:

Honnestly Sean, I wasn't asking for your opinion ... But thank you for those kind words of encouragement ... :drink40:

LMAO.

Good luck if you change to the 8's Bro. Please post up some pics of your progress.

:fing34:

LMAO.

Good luck if you change to the 8's Bro. Please post up some pics of your progress.

Yes Sir ...

I'm hoping to have this done by the time I meet up with you at Scrapin !!! :drink40:

Get to work man :popcorn:

Under the hood Wiring Detail ...

Grounding starts at the frame between the engine and the passenger side of the vehicle ...

post go from the passenger side battery to the frame, then to the engine block, then up to the grounding point on the Alternator ...

All points were cleaned with a grinder for good connections ...

26203464060_large.jpg

26203464059_large.jpg

Both "under the hood" batteries have a 18" ground cable from the negative post to the fender wells of the truck ...

The negative post on the passenger side battery also goes to the frame of the vehicle for common ground connections ...

26203464058_large.jpg

26203464062_large.jpg

Alternator possitive post lead goes to passenger side battery positive post, then goes to the positive post of the driver side battery ...

This is also the post (passenger side) that goes to the fuse block goint to the battery bank in the rear (bed) of the vehicle feeding 3 more batteries (updated pics ASAP) ...

26203464061_large.jpg

26203464063_large.jpg

26203464064_large.jpg

26203464065_large.jpg

Still got ALOT more work to do under the hood there ... but everything is working so far ...

Thank you sir ... not sure what we got going for this ... some things has changed ...

Get to work man :popcorn:

I'm working on it sir ... :fing34:

Installed a new sterring wheel this weekend ...

Had alot of fun taking the airbag out hoping it wouldn't "Blow" on me ... but everything worked out great ...

and steers like a dream ...

26203464070_large.jpg

enjoy ... hopefully more updates soon ...

I noticed that you do not use an anti-corrosion compound on your copper lugs. I use Penetrox A. It works great on my exposed copper lugs in my engine bay. Months after applying the PENA I can wipe it off the lugs and they are still clean and new.

I noticed that you do not use an anti-corrosion compound on your copper lugs. I use Penetrox A. It works great on my exposed copper lugs in my engine bay. Months after applying the PENA I can wipe it off the lugs and they are still clean and new.

Thanks bro ... But I spray my engine down and keep it very clean and brushed up all the time (every time I wash the truck) ...

Those connections stay clean ... This is the same setup (for the most part) going on for 3 years ...

If I ever start having problems, I will sure check this out ...

Thank you sir for your input !!! :drink40:

Why'd you take out the airbag?

Why'd you take out the airbag?

Just seemed like the thing to do Sir ... :drink40:

Also, the Column shifter is going away too ... for a console floor shifter !!! hopefully before next years competition season ... :fing34: