right now, i have 2 12" kicker CVRs, in a ported box, with a kenwood 600w amp. i had a xplod 1000w, but when it got too hot, it cut off and i couldnt do anything.but the kenwood still cuts out, but i can keep listening but at a low volume. but i went to the pawn today, and i found a few bigger amps... which would be the best?

Almani 1500w Class "D"

Kenwood 800w (mines kenwood 600w)

Infinity 1600w

Power Acoustic 1600w

kenwood looks real small,the power acoustic is the biggest in size,if any of that matters, and almani sounds good with its class "d" thing, and is second biggest in size. but i dunno what that means.

right now, i have 2 12" kicker CVRs, in a ported box, with a kenwood 600w amp. i had a xplod 1000w, but when it got too hot, it cut off and i couldnt do anything.but the kenwood still cuts out, but i can keep listening but at a low volume. but i went to the pawn today, and i found a few bigger amps... which would be the best?

Almani 1500w Class "D"

Infinity 1600w

Power Acoustic 1600w

kenwood looks real small,the power acoustic is the biggest in size,if any of that matters, and almani sounds good with its class "d" thing, and is second biggest in size. but i dunno what that means.

Are you stuck on those amps, what is your budget?

Almani 1500w Class "D"

Infinity 1600w

Power Acoustic 1600w

Are you stuck on those amps, what is your budget?

kinda lowish budget. those are around 150. but the reason i am stuck on those is cuz those are the biggest amps ive seen in this town/area in aloong time. and i cant really go to bigger towns much (hour+ away) cuz of gas and school and work... plus, i have those 2 amps i can get a trade in for., so yeah

The Infinity is 800w x 1 @ 2 ohms and 500w x 1 @ 4 ohms. The Amani is 750w x 1 @ 1ohm, 380w x 1 @ 2 ohms and 220w x 1 @ 4 ohms. I wouldnt get the power acoustik period even if you were on a budget. What ohm load(voice coil configuration) are your speakers?

Almani 1500w Class "D"

Infinity 1600w

Power Acoustic 1600w

what are the specs on the kenwood cause those kickers are only 400 rms maxx

Almani 1500w Class "D"

Infinity 1600w

Power Acoustic 1600w

what are the specs on the kenwood cause those kickers are only 400 rms maxx

Look at my previous post, I already answered what it could do.

ok, i got the infinity because it looks nice, and its what my car comes factory with. but a problem.... when i turn the radio off, it has a real bassy buzz. but i turned the input level most of the way down, and the bass boost, and some other switch to the medium position. i think the buzz is from the input level but im not sure...

Check your grounds and made sure it is a good ground with paint shaved off under the terminal. Make sure your setting your gains right, no bass boost on amp or head unit.

Correct way to set your gains without O-Scope and not confident using your ears:

How To: Set your Amplifier Gain - SSA Car Audio Forum

What ohm are your woofers and how is it wired to the amp? Might have something to do with other amp getting hot and cutting out.

What ohm are your woofers and how is it wired to the amp? Might have something to do with other amp getting hot and cutting out.

theyre 2 ohm. on the other amps, the input was (left) + - (right) - +, and i bridged it using the left + and right -. but on the new amp it doesnt say left or right, and its + - + -. so i put the positive on the first +, and the other on the second -. i dunno if thats right though...

wait so you upgraded from 600rms to 800rms (please clarify that these are rms rating not max ratings....)? that wont have any audible difference.. sounds like you just wasted some cash

my bet is that you have a bad ground, improper wiring (sub wiring, power wire gauge, etc), or incorrect amp settings (chipping, using bass boost, etc) which is causing the overheating issue.

wait so you upgraded from 600rms to 800rms (please clarify that these are rms rating not max ratings....)? that wont have any audible difference.. sounds like you just wasted some cash

my bet is that you have a bad ground, improper wiring (sub wiring, power wire gauge, etc), or incorrect amp settings (chipping, using bass boost, etc) which is causing the overheating issue.

the max on the kenwood was 600. the max on the sony was 1000. and the max on the infinity is 1600. doont know about rms. but i do know that when i listen to my music full blast, the infinity barely gets warm when the others would be really hot, or already out

if you put the model number of each amp

we could prob help with actual rms power that each amp can do

oh and my opinion

that sony 1000 is junk , if its the same amp im thinking about , it really only puts out like 200 rms or something like that

if you put the model number of each amp

we could prob help with actual rms power that each amp can do

oh and my opinion

that sony 1000 is junk , if its the same amp im thinking about , it really only puts out like 200 rms or something like that

x2

and the almani, power acoustic, and infinity amps if those are the rms rating thatw too much... you will blow those subs quick. those 2 kicker cvr 12's , together, are 800 rms maxx. if your pushing over 1200 watt say goodbye to those subs...

The Infinity amp is 800rms x 1 @ 2 ohms, the Almani amp is 750rms x 1 @ 1 ohms and the Kendwood amp is 800rms.

The Infinity amp is 800rms, the Almani amp is 750rms and the kendwood amp is 800rms.

if thats the rms rating then ya thats fine but he didnt specify on the original watts. he was just saying 1400 and 1600..

wow confusing thread. lets just make this clear. max ratings are bullshit so no one use them... please deal in rms only

wow confusing thread. lets just make this clear. max ratings are bullshit so no one use them... please deal in rms only

i agree

The Infinity amp is 800rms, the Almani amp is 750rms and the kendwood amp is 800rms.

if thats the rms rating then ya thats fine but he didnt specify on the original watts. he was just saying 1400 and 1600..

i did state later that those are max...

but ill get the number for the infinity, and ill start using rms from now on

I actually stated the rms of each amp in my second post of this thread, none of you guys wanted to read or you could of just easily searched for the amps and there wattage like I did.

OP next time take the time to find all the information so you can get a better answer, but the numbers I gave you were the rms of each amp.

that was just guess work as we didnt have any model numbers. this is why we need to keep to the posting guildlines

that was just guess work as we didnt have any model numbers. this is why we need to keep to the posting guildlines

Your absolutely right but no sense in cluttering up a thread when you could easily put 1 and 2 together and search to find out, I got enough information to find out the answers so all in all it just took a little extra effort.

OK, first problem I see is OP stated the subs are D2. So with two subs he will either have a .5 ohm final load or 2 ohm final load. We need to find out how his subs are wired and what ohm these amps make their power at. Sounds to me like the original Kenwood was a 2 channel amp that he was bridging at 2 ohms and that is why it was getting hot and going into protect. He most likely would have been fine with this amp if he would have wired each sub at 4 ohms and given them a dedicated channel. Just my $.02.

Quoted for effect.