abmoore

Two-way active front stage

If you find some of these, can fit them, and give them enough power you'll be more than happy.

Aurasound NS10-513-4A 10" Subwoofer NLA from Madisound

Not sure when Aura is going to re-release them though so used it would have to be atm.

SWEEEEET. I ordered a pair, as they only had a few left. I wasn't taking no chances.smile.gif Now I just need to find a 3"er to go with em'.unsure.gif

If you find some of these, can fit them, and give them enough power you'll be more than happy.

Not sure when Aura is going to re-release them though so used it would have to be atm.

SWEEEEET. I ordered a pair, as they only had a few left. I wasn't taking no chances.smile.gif Now I just need to find a 3"er to go with em'.unsure.gif

Ok... Where were they?

They are heavy. Door hinges won't be happy. They'll be good enough IB.

There are 8" drivers that could work as well NCSU. Depends on your space. Swallowing a driver that size is not trivial.

They are heavy. Door hinges won't be happy. They'll be good enough IB.

There are 8" drivers that could work as well NCSU. Depends on your space. Swallowing a driver that size is not trivial.

I definately don't mind using some of the space, the door feels too empty as it is :D. But there really should be room, they aren't the most shallow of doors as you know, you have a 02 silverado right? If it's the best solution for what I am going for then I will be willing to do whatever I can. Plus, I hate to admit it, but I would enjoy the cool factor of full size horns and a pair of 10s up front haha.

They will stick at least 3" out of your doors and you are going to have rattles from hell. The Silverado was really built like shit, mine has been by far the worst vehicle I've owned. The doors are pretty easy to get midbass out of though :)

Ok... Where were they?

Look on Google my Brother.smile.gif

Really, I love my tahoe! My doors must have slightly different framing or bigger panels, my 6.5s are 3 inches deep and are far back in the door and three inches out from there would put me about an inch and a half out. I think I am going to try it, need to find the same panels at a junkyard first just in case, this seems like it will be tough. Oh, and should I dampen the doors sheet metal more, and maybe even deaden the plastic? It will be a good amount of bass. The leviathan will be giving them a good 500 I'm guessing, won't be using all of it I know, but still

Well it seems that jroadtatts got 2 of the last three aurasound 10s :(. Good snag I should have been quicker haha.

So back to the search for a midbass I guess. I was reading about a guy that used a morel CAW 938 9", I think that's the model, and said it worked well for him, don't know if it was in a three way though. What about an SLS 10? Or hivi 10.8

Well it seems that jroadtatts got 2 of the last three aurasound 10s sad.gif. Good snag I should have been quicker haha.

So back to the search for a midbass I guess. I was reading about a guy that used a morel CAW 938 9", I think that's the model, and said it worked well for him, don't know if it was in a three way though. What about an SLS 10? Or hivi 10.8

Dude I hate Spoonfeeding BUT if you email Aura Sound directly they have some they are sitting on. Your Welcome.

Thanks, not really spoonfeeding... I was told they were completely out since they stop producing them so I believed that. But anyway, would like to see how yours works out. What car are they going in? And what full ranges have you looked at? I decided on horns but the install is going to require some surgery to my truck.

His full rangers will play lower than your horns. An 8 probably fits your needs better. I have no experience with the Morel 9" although I understand the draw. The problem with Morel is that their quality has taken a dump in the past few years and so I can't guess what that driver will truly do.

You also have a different end goal than Mr. Tatts. You are interested in output. Mating with a horn is a different game than a full ranger.

Personally I'd feel better recommending that you turn the crossover freq (LP) up on your subs and use more of a pro audio mid, but your posts counteract that recommendation so I haven't pushed it.

Thanks, not really spoonfeeding... I was told they were completely out since they stop producing them so I believed that. But anyway, would like to see how yours works out. What car are they going in? And what full ranges have you looked at? I decided on horns but the install is going to require some surgery to my truck.

I personally emailed them, not just what I heard. Wonder why no one knows how to vote for the help though?peepwall.gif BUT ANYWAYS look at my sig/profile/build log and you will see what car.

I have looked at EVERYTHING at Madisound and Partsexpress and at the Mark Audio's. I like the Tang Bangs alot for a 3"er BUT if I can fit a 4"er there is a few SWEET option's.

I will try horns someday. I am sure I will as I like that in your face sound I think they would have?

Anyway's keep tabs on my build log and you will see how I install them and what I think of them.trink40.gif

I have looked at EVERYTHING at Madisound and Partsexpress and at the Mark Audio's. I like the Tang Bangs alot for a 3"er BUT if I can fit a 4"er there is a few SWEET option's.

Pretty much those sweet options require a tweeter, at least the sweetest ones.

Pretty much those sweet options require a tweeter, at least the sweetest ones.

Correct. I am capable of building and soldering a crossover though if neededbiggrin.gif BUT would probably just buy a used Alpine dividing network and mount somewhere accessable from the drivers seat. I am also looking at some of the higher end dome tweeters as they play pretty low and I think they could make me happy also. I Also like the dual 2" driver option ALOT but am just now starting to look at 2" drivers so no clue there yet.

My biggest problem Sean is this is my first active set up So I have NO CLUE what freq. or order I will end up crossing them over to blend best????? I WILL LEARN THOUGH, its just a matter of if its the hard way or the easy way????? Whatever, I enjoy learning SO I will be HAPPY ethier way. smile.gif

Yes I am a Young Bull.smile.gif

a 10" in the doors? Dam...!

BTW I would love to see how you instal the horns in your car.

Well my new box is tuned to 28 Hz. So I could cross it at 63 probably at the highest. Those av.2s are low end monsters but not really much response over 63 I have found. I have a box tuned at 38 Hz too that was better but the SQ was no where near this one. is that high enough or would 80 be required? Another 10 option would always be cool though.

Actually think 63 is about as high as I want to go.

Then you get to choose, midbass or midrange. You are going to compromise. I think you can get your sub to play higher, not "recommending" it as you know mine is crossed over lower than that. Just trying to help you with all your goals and the easiest way is to run it higher. Since you don't want to, what would you rather give up?

Well, would a three way be too hard, I mean I need to learn somepoint and I'm getting a pxa-h701, other wise ill just give up the midbass

Well, would a three way be too hard, I mean I need to learn somepoint and I'm getting a pxa-h701, other wise ill just give up the midbass

If you haven't done a 2 way, I would start there. Just plugging in drivers and switching to active will sound worse than passive, tuning will flip that around though. 6 drivers + sub is a lot to tune.

I'd recommend thinking about it in 2 steps. Install something now, play with the tuning, see what you like/don't and then buy what you really want. Your first time out you will want to change something later anyways.

Ok, well I will sacrifice some output and maybe cross the sub a little higher. What driver should I try then, just a pro audio 8?

The Faital w8n8 series drivers would be the other I'd add to Impious's list. For fidelity I'd probably lean on the 18S or B&C. The hard part is the trade off for midbass which is of course how you started the thread. None of the above will do anything below 80Hz worth talking about and really are probably rolled off a bit by then. You'll be shocked at how well they do the rest though.

IIRC the JBL's are actually a bit smaller than an 8 as well. Supposed to be great drivers, but those and the 18Sound I haven't seen.

The Faital w8n8 series drivers would be the other I'd add to Impious's list. For fidelity I'd probably lean on the 18S or B&C. The hard part is the trade off for midbass which is of course how you started the thread. None of the above will do anything below 80Hz worth talking about and really are probably rolled off a bit by then. You'll be shocked at how well they do the rest though.

IIRC the JBL's are actually a bit smaller than an 8 as well. Supposed to be great drivers, but those and the 18Sound I haven't seen.

I looked at the all of those and kind of took a liking to the 18S. I also looked at the eminence alpha 10A and 8A, HAT L8 (I know you aren't fond of those haha), and the Morel CAW 938 Morel CAW, although the TS specs didn't match up, I think the Qts was higher than those other drivers mentioned. I was just looking at those because I have heard the L8, and because the specs on the other seem to be pretty good. I don't know if the freq response on the L8 would work, hoping you guys have experience with the others. If those wouldn't work I guess I will keep trying to get that Aura Sound 10 or go with the 18s.