ls1pimp

My RL-p box sucked, now it's in a better home with

Don't get me wrong, it does get very very loud, just not crazy insane loud like i thought it would.

it gets very,very loud, but not insanely loud? well, it isn't made to get insanely loud. it's made to sound really good while getting very loud. if you wanted insanely loud, you should have bought a different sub.

and IME, i can tell you this. the rl-p will handle 1200wrms all day if unclipped and in the proper enclosure. but u have to remember, it's only rated for 500wrms. so even the 750 wrms mine gets daily is over the recommended power.

and like everyone has mentioned, you have a couple of things that need to be attended to. fix your wiring, and help your amp out. if your after more output, go larger sealed or like everyone has mentioned, go ported. and since your after spl, i'd suggest 2ft^3 tuned to 36hz. that way you won't lose much sq while improving the chances for "insanely loud" i'd suggest around 20-25in^2 of port as well.

in your car, you should be loud enough to go deaf. it has awesome transient response.

the bottoming out does concern me. is your box absolutely sealed? it could be allowing the sub to unload. what are your headunit settings? you say the gains on the amps are down, but do you have the head unit's settings maxed? just some things to look at.

hopefully we can get this fixed, as you have a really nice sub, backed by one helluva company/person.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

At first, this thread scared me b/c I had just bought those two 15s from jellyfish. After reading the entire thread, my worries have been eased. This reminds me of kryptonitewhite over on SIN. Use some common sense man.

That driver isn't bottoming out, I imagine you are clipping it something nasty.

I've run into the exact same problem with a 12" RF HE on 200 RMS. In .85 cubes net it was making a stupid bad sound and just not getting loud. I didn't have time to switch a new box, because it is my friend's car. But I am about 100% sure its a box problem.

YOU ARE USING A SEALED BOX, MAXING OUT YOUR DECK, AND USING YOUR GAIN AS A VOLUME KNOB.

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?

Let's review what these last 5 pages have been about..

1. Build a PORTED BOX

2. FIX YOUR WIRING

3. Buy a DMM, and set those gains right

4. Turn down that HU into something a little more reasonable (NEVER do you need to turn a deck up past 3/4 of maximum volume).

5. Read and listen, 5 pages of repetition is gets very tiresome.

:closed:

x 5 billion

What do you guys mean "fix the wiring?" there is nothing wrong with the wiring. It was wired to the fuse box, but i fixed that already and now its wired to the battery.

What do you guys mean "fix the wiring?"  there is nothing wrong with the wiring.  It was wired to the fuse box, but i fixed that already and now its wired to the battery.

good, one step done

What do you guys mean "fix the wiring?"  there is nothing wrong with the wiring.  It was wired to the fuse box, but i fixed that already and now its wired to the battery.

try to start on the box next B)

sounds like he knows nothing about car audio. why don't you bring it to a pro car audio shop to build a box for you and install it.

What size wire are you using that you could wire it to the fuse box?

i had a bit of an accident today, mu hu plays mp3s and i was randoming thru a mixed cd with tons of different music on it,recorded at different levels??? one song finished..faded out and eminem kicked in so loud i thought i was getting rear ended by a semi(felt like the car had been rear ended and then the brakes on the semi had locked and we were 'skipping' down the road)! i reached for the volume but realised it was not distorting??? and sounded insane! i left it there 'just to see' what it would do, i was kind of expecting a fuse to pop or the sub to start complaining somehow??...NOTHING it just kept going? i got 600wrms and my rl-p plays phat bass lines from eminems encore cd at levels that make me wanna scream out loud!......just dont know what 1stpimp is doing wrong?

OK i was reading through this thread and cam upon the part that said it was bad to conncet the power wire to the fuse box. Why is that? I am still getting 12.5 volts w/ the car off and 14.3 w/ the car on. The sub wangs hard with the 9.1 starpped to it but i get some dimming when turned up loud. I think i need to do Big 3 and i have 2 ga power wire. So to sum it up why should i connect directly to my battery?

So to sum it up why should i connect directly to my battery?

Allows you to install a larger gauge power wire - I know of no factory fuseboxes that will allow 150-200a current draws with the stock wiring. Won't happen. Just wire it directly to the battery...your electrical system will thank you for it.

The thread that just keeps goin & goin & goin

:bunny:

New here and proud new owner of the very sub at question , I recently purchased this sub from Ls1pimp. Initially after reading this very long thread I became worried if I had made the right decision of purchasing this RL-p, after receiving the sub yesterday I was very impressed by the heft and build quality of my new sub and wondered if it sounded as good as it looked, well my concern soon turned to excitement when I loaded it into my new prefabbed but nicely built 1.8 cu in slot ported box , this thing sounds incredible, out put and sq are both perfect , considering that it is only getting 400 watts from a MTX 801d. My previous sub setup was 2 Diamond audio 10 in cm3d4s 1.0 cu in each sealed enclosure and the difference is considerable, the RL-p outperforms in both spl and sq .

Well, we know now that he didnt break it.

Glad he at least sold it to someone intelligent enough to be able to use it. :domoslay:

Where at the pics? We need pics :fing34:

Well now ls1pimp is complaining about his xxx making a noise? lol what an idiot

Well, at leastb his idiocy its well known by now, and Mike doesn't have this "bad" feedback hanging there over his head.

Like a rock

Chevy doesnt use that anymore, its fair game