PhishHead

Bass Knobs.

So like it says. Where do you guys have your bass knobs? What sneaky spot in your car did you hide them? Do you have them in the open? Pictures would be awesome. Trying to get some ideas.

I have Alpine CDA-9886 and the subwoofer level is one click of the volume Knob. VERY HIDDEN.trink40.gif

I have the subwoofer volume on my head unit too but never use it. I have the CDA-9883. One model before yours.

For my type of install they aren't helpful. Why be sneaky though if you need one, just put it where you can reach it easily.

On my last Honda Accord, I put the knob in a cubby under the stereo. It was a tight fit but lOOked good. I had to take the cubby piece out and use machine screws w/nuts on the side you couldn't see. As stated before Depending on your setup you may not even need one, as my last car had sealed subs and I NEVER even used the knob , just set it and forget.

i screwed mine into my ashtray, that way i dont see it when i dont want to (led is super bright lol) and its right in reach.. ill see if i have a pic. somewhere..

no pictures, but

shows it in the first 30 sec. i like it :) still need to hide those wires behind it...

Hide it behind the cigarette lighter. Looks like a normal lighter but when turned funny things happen.

heres what mine used to look like, but know its super glued flushed in

gallery_7108_326_314917.jpg

Think that is what I might do with mine. Nice head unit by the way!

thanks, some people think the leds are bright but i guess i am just used to it. The HU has everything i need so i like it

Yeah i used to use them but not anymore, if the light is to bright just put a piece of electrical tape over it that is what I did in the past.

I don't have a pic but I drilled a hole in my center concell and put the guts inside it and just the knob on the outside it was pretty steath

I don't have a pic but I drilled a hole in my center concell and put the guts inside it and just the knob on the outside it was pretty steath

Nice and welcome fellow New Yorker.

Here is a what i did in my Toyota. Using a PAC universal bass knob. Popped out a blank and the Pac piece fit perfect in its place.......with a little hot glue....lol

64.jpg

65.jpg

wow, 4runner, that looks pretty damn good if you ask me!!

wow, 4runner, that looks pretty damn good if you ask me!!

Thanks, i think i got lucky on the fit....worked out nice though.

I like the look of all of those. It's a hard choice to make. I was even thinking about putting it in my sunglass holder which folds down like one of the pictures Bangin posted but I wouldnt even know where to begin running the wire to.