BaMF101

(2) 18" Q ported to sealed

Ok I got 2 18" Qs in a 12 cu. box at 28 hz. I know thats just barely the minimum for them, but thats the most I can go. I was wondering if I switched to a sealed box around 13.6 cu. would be more appropriate for these woofers. I havent heard what a Q sounds like sealed before so I was just some opinions on what you guys think. The box would also have bracing inside, so after displacement it would be around 13 cu. Let me know thanks :) ps..... the woofers would be facing towards the back

Without goals no one can tell you if you'd like it more or less.

Well I was just wondering if anyone has heard a Q both ported AND sealed and what their thoughts of them were. I like to listen to rap, and hip hop, and occasionally some 70s and 80s :) :) I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer, and right now I dont think my 18s are "puttin out" as much as they could since theyre in a just barely minimum spec box for ported.

Getting closer. So far "putting out" is the only hint you've given us. Is your concern output?

If you don't be specific all you'll get are subjective responses that don't at all pertain to your needs. Fix your thread.

Getting closer. So far "putting out" is the only hint you've given us. Is your concern output?

If you don't be specific all you'll get are subjective responses that don't at all pertain to your needs. Fix your thread.

Yes output, I dont think that they are putting out what they could be right now, hence why Im asking for opinions on what a larger box sealed would sound better. Right now it just sounds like theyre choking in my opinion. I know you guys on here dont like the word "louder" or "SQ" hahah which is why Im staying away from those words :popcorn:

louder is okay, SPL isn't.

They won't be as loud sealed. Not sure why you tuned so low, or why you bought the Q's instead of the BL's.

Perhaps we can help make them work though, but need to understand more about your install.