Tirefryr

Experiences with ZED?

Well, I'm a fan, so I thought we could kick this off with a little discussion as to what experiences our memebers have with the products. I myself have been a huge fan since the GOOD Hifonics. Wish I never sold them, or the ESX, or the Rodek I had. I am very picky on my equipment and of the many choices out there, I have always come back to two prominent companies, Zed and Zapco. Zap is a little out of my pricerange and frankly, I don't see a benefit over ZED. What I really like is when I shoot you guys an email, I get to talk to the man himself. That is an honor right there and holds high regards in my book. So MR. Mantz, welcome and thanks for staying true to the hobby!

I just spoke to him on the phone, he called me no less than an hour after I sent an email,

anyway, I have loved my ZED experiences, I still try to hunt down some US Acoustics ZED board's

I just spoke to him on the phone, he called me no less than an hour after I sent an email,

anyway, I have loved my ZED experiences, I still try to hunt down some US Acoustics ZED board's

Last I heard, he still had some 2300's for a very handsome price :D Actually thought about picking one up myself.

And welcome to the board Mr. Mantz!! Your expertise will be greatly appreciated here.

Great guy, very helpful..... will be awesome to have him around. Fantastic customer service on all his products. I'm a huge fan and am happy to have him on board.

You'll definitely be seeing more of me around here. :D

Welcome aboard, Stephen and thanks!!! :rockwoot:

post-766-1121576945_thumb.jpg

Great guy, very helpful..... will be awesome to have him around.  Fantastic customer service on all his products.  I'm a huge fan and am happy to have him on board.

You'll definitely be seeing more of me around here.  :D

Welcome aboard, Stephen and thanks!!!  :rockwoot:

Jensen?

Actually, no. It's a Cadence a5000 "Sweet Poison" that Zed did for Cadence back in the 90's. I'm not sure if it was Zed built or Zed designed, but for all intents and purposes it's a Zed amp. :slayer:

Sorry, I should have put some sort of sarcastic smiley behind that.

there was a 900 watt version, but I never bought it

Sorry, I should have put some sort of sarcastic smiley behind that.

:Doh:

Forgive me..... I heard my Cadence scream when I read Jensen. I had to run to it's defense! :ready2go:

I love y'all :finger:

:D:D:D

WELCOME MR MANTZ....U WILL LOVE IT HERE

I had a lot of email correspondance with him and he was VERY helpful and prompt with his replys. Sadly my install went in another direction, but in the end I'm sure I'll visit him sometime or another to purchase an amp.

I'm personally waiting on the megalith. That should be fun :-D.

My current Zed collection:

2x Zed Audio Gladius w/Burr Brown Upgrade

Planet Audio HVT754

Crunch CR50SHC

Planet Audio P-450

Planet Audio P-2150

My experience with Zed has always been good and I'm glad there is finally a Zed forum b/c i have a lot of questions!

that is a nice collection, we love pictures here if you want to post up a pic of the amplifers,

Guest STEPHEN M
Well, I'm a fan, so I thought we could kick this off with a little discussion as to what experiences our memebers have with the products.  I myself have been a huge fan since the GOOD Hifonics.  Wish I never sold them, or the ESX, or the Rodek I had.  I am very picky on my equipment and of the many choices out there, I have always come back to two prominent companies, Zed and Zapco.  Zap is a little out of my pricerange and frankly, I don't see a benefit over ZED.  What I really like is when I shoot you guys an email, I get to talk to the man himself.  That is an honor right there and holds high regards in my book.  So MR. Mantz, welcome and thanks for staying true to the hobby!

Guest STEPHEN M
Well, I'm a fan, so I thought we could kick this off with a little discussion as to what experiences our memebers have with the products.  I myself have been a huge fan since the GOOD Hifonics.  Wish I never sold them, or the ESX, or the Rodek I had.  I am very picky on my equipment and of the many choices out there, I have always come back to two prominent companies, Zed and Zapco.  Zap is a little out of my pricerange and frankly, I don't see a benefit over ZED.  What I really like is when I shoot you guys an email, I get to talk to the man himself.  That is an honor right there and holds high regards in my book.  So MR. Mantz, welcome and thanks for staying true to the hobby!

Thank you all for the kind words. It is nice to know that one is appreciated. What we at Zed have done is to offer high end equipment at affordable prices. I trust that most of you have visited the web site. It is a very different site in that it is written by an engineer and NOT a sales person. I have also made the site very different from all the others.

Zed will build amplifiers based on what you guys (and girls) want. This is why I held the promotion on the new Kronos and Leviathan. A similar thing will occur when we start on the tube amps. So all suggestions should be emailed to me at "zedaudio@aol.com", they will be filed and once I am ready to begin all those suggestions will be considered.

Thanks once again

Stephen Mantz

Zed will build amplifiers based on what you guys (and girls) want. This is why I held the promotion on the new Kronos and Leviathan. A similar thing will occur when we start on the tube amps. So all suggestions should be emailed to me at "zedaudio@aol.com", they will be filed and once I am ready to begin all those suggestions will be considered.

Thanks once again

Stephen Mantz

There was a promotion on the Kronos and Leviathan?

The Hammer

I have been in email contact with Mr. Mantz about the Leviathan and he never mentioned any promotion to me. I wish I had signed up for that one.

when he said promotion, i think he was talking about getting everyones input on what features and rating they would like to see on the amps.