bigrank916

I need to pick a new phone

Ok guys Im in the market for a new cell phone. I havent had one in years so Im not really up to speed on how dope they are now. They only thing I have to go off of is the iphone, which I believe to be the shit. The woman wants to get me a phone so it might as well be the best one out there. Big fees for changing phones before contract is up so I must pick the one I will stay with.

The features I need are touchscreen. Has to be. Need to be able to surf the net, very,very, well. SSA mobile! I loved the app feature on the iphone but dont know if verizon has anything like that. Need a good camera and video ability. Dont really care about having music on my phone. Thats what my car is for. Other cool features you guys can tell me about and maybe I'll want that too.

Anyone have any suggestions? :peepwall:

Hey bigrank. dose it have to be verizon?

Hey bigrank. dose it have to be verizon?

Unfortunately, yes. My woman will put it on her bill though, fortunately. :)

My wife rocka a blackberry pearl with verizon and likes it alot. :dancing:

Yup. Windows Mobile or Android, of the two Android 2.0 is far superior. Blackberry's are good too, they concentrate on business though.

unlimited text....

my # ......

lol

i let the wife by mine!

GL

chop

ive heard the motorola droid is ALOT better than the droid eris.

Droid or WinMo (7 isnt too far off)

I have droid powered t mobile phone and I love it. My wifes job makes her have a blackberry so like duran said its very business. But she still likes it for everything she dose..

The Eris runs on Android 1.6, and the Moto is 2.0. A much improved version,the moto had double the processing as well, when you compare the Moto runs circles around the HTC.

Id get the droid its a nice phone i got mines in jan for $99 upgrade price well worth it or you can wait later get the nexus one

I use a Blackberry and have for more than 5 years. It USED to be THE business phone, but at this point it can blow me. I will not own another and will replace it. Their new phones are WAY behind.

Thanks a bunch for all the suggestions fellas. It looks like the winner is the Droid by Motorola. Touchscreen with awesome camera and video quality. Super fast browsing.

Chop, I still have your digits bro. I'll hit you up. :drink40:

I use a Blackberry and have for more than 5 years. It USED to be THE business phone, but at this point it can blow me. I will not own another and will replace it. Their new phones are WAY behind.

Anything in particular you have your eye on as a replacement?

get the droid, there buy one get one free too!

I thought that I seen that too. My daughter would kiss my butt for a year if she got the second one!:lol:

Looks like a great deal. Thanks.

Htc eris.. i have it, best phone ive ever seen and owned by far.

Still has android on it and i like it better than my dad's moto droid.

The Eris runs on Android 1.6, and the Moto is 2.0. A much improved version,the moto had double the processing as well, when you compare the Moto runs circles around the HTC.

Htc eris.. i have it, best phone ive ever seen and owned by far.

Still has android on it and i like it better than my dad's moto droid.

Im assuming this is the same one you are referring to, right Rob? Do you feel the web browsing was just as quick?

I should add that there is supposed to be a processing update on the HTC, I'm not sure when though.

I should add that there is supposed to be a processing update on the HTC, I'm not sure when though.

Only a $20 difference between the two anyway. These things get bypassed with new tech so fast its a joke. I do like the slide out keyboard feature though. :drink40:

So I ended up getting the Droid from Motorola and this little bitch is pretty sweet. I'm using it right now and the internet is really fast for a phone. This thing is so loaded, I will need a month or so to really soak this in. Now I see why everybody has their face in their phone!

Good choice!

unlimited text....

my # ......

lol

i let the wife by mine!

GL

chop

i let chops wife pick mine to im on there plan lmao lol