frosty42069

Fi Bl 15"

I have two kicker cvr's in a 4.4 cubic foot box. Would a 15" Fi Bl hit harder in nearly the same size enclosure? I have a rockford 1000-1bd for power and the system is in a 2008 dodge caliber.

I have two kicker cvr's in a 4.4 cubic foot box. Would a 15" Fi Bl hit harder in nearly the same size enclosure? I have a rockford 1000-1bd for power and the system is in a 2008 dodge caliber.

Its all install dependent, it probably would but it also depends on what size woofers you have now like posted above. Give more informatuion than that, sometimes car audio is about more about testing to find out information like this.

have a friend who had 2 cvr 12's in about 3.50 or so cu ft. box tuned to about 38hz running at 1 ohm with a 1500 watt audiopipe amp. sounded good.. but then we installed 1 Fi Q 12" D2 in a box around 2.5 cu ft. tuned to 32hz.. i know its not a BL but i think the Q hit alot cleaner and harder than the 2 kickers. moves alot more air. Just my experience, take it for what its worth. :) good luck.

Edit: Vehicle was a 02-04 grand prix

Edited by smashedz28

sorry forgot to mention the size. they are 12" CVR's. i'm almost positive a bl 18" will outslam the cvr's and i believe that may be the route i'm going, but i was wondering how much harder a 15" fi would hit if at all. My boxes tuning is all f'd up because of a miscalculation. It's tuned to like 55 hz and most of my music don't play that high so it really sounds bad at times right now. I have Rockford 4 Gauge wire. Stock alternator and battery but plan to upgrade at least the battery. I would think the 15" bl, being a much better quality sub, would put the cvr's to shame. I would like to tune the port of my next box to around 30 to 33 hz. Sorry for the info. overload just wanted to provide any information necessary to answer my question the best.

put the cvr's in a box tuned alot lower, like 35hz or w/e u like, and then see if u still want to upgrade

sorry forgot to mention the size. they are 12" CVR's. i'm almost positive a bl 18" will outslam the cvr's and i believe that may be the route i'm going, but i was wondering how much harder a 15" fi would hit if at all. My boxes tuning is all f'd up because of a miscalculation. It's tuned to like 55 hz and most of my music don't play that high so it really sounds bad at times right now. I have Rockford 4 Gauge wire. Stock alternator and battery but plan to upgrade at least the battery. I would think the 15" bl, being a much better quality sub, would put the cvr's to shame. I would like to tune the port of my next box to around 30 to 33 hz. Sorry for the info. overload just wanted to provide any information necessary to answer my question the best.

I would try fixing the current box problem before buying an all new setup.

Why not build a new box for your CVR's and see if you like them better?

That would be the first thing I would try.

well i'm wanting to upgrade anyway and i'm pretty sure if i go with the 18 its going to be a hell of alot louder and i don't want to go through the process of building a new box if i'm just going to replace it with an 18.

hmmm since we are talking about cvrs...might as well ask this I had 2 cvr 15's in a sealed box sups facing up running off a jl bp1200.1 do you think that one fi 15" BL in a box that is 4.02ft^3 @ 32hz subs facing up port back, with the same amp. will be just as loud if not louder then the two cvrs?

hmmm since we are talking about cvrs...might as well ask this I had 2 cvr 15's in a sealed box sups facing up running off a jl bp1200.1 do you think that one fi 15" BL in a box that is 4.02ft^3 @ 32hz subs facing up port back, with the same amp. will be just as loud if not louder then the two cvrs?

More than likely one of those CVR's in a ported enclosure will be louder than those two in a sealed enclosure or right around the same ouput. If you can post both of those CVR's but if not then yeah the BL would do the job too.

I was actually making a ported box for the Cvrs but they were stolen durig the build. they were the 2001 model old as dirt lol. the only reason I was asking is to see if the bl will be around the same about of output. I'm getting it in 5 days so stoked. Just wondering how loud this baby will get my car Is a two door 97 tercel so it gets loud easy

Edited by drumminian

my car Is a two door 97 tercel

Does the gas pedal stick to the floor?? :santa: