stevemead08

IAK needs an "IHOP"

Right on bro :drink40: I wouldn't mind some cali weather about right now........ -1 outside right now :suicide-santa: FTL!!

Right on bro :drink40: I wouldn't mind some cali weather about right now........ -1 outside right now :suicide-santa: FTL!!

I have a long sleeve and a jacket on right now and it's only 45 degrees. I don't think I would ever go outside in -1 degree weather. lol

I have an uncle out in Aurora I believe (I think it's close to Chicago) and I've wanted to visit, but the weather makes me think twice about it. Haha

this weather is when it gets good.....

makes sledding alot faster!

windchill was at -14 for a bit recently..........

what you know about snot-cycles!!!!

or ice on the eye lashes.... too fun...

i am so glad we are not in the cold regions.... this test me to my limits each year

looking forward to the build pics.....

good luck on wiring her up...

we have a few team members in cali!

guess i know where to take our next vacation....make it a winter vacation ! lol

chop

this weather is when it gets good.....

makes sledding alot faster!

windchill was at -14 for a bit recently..........

what you know about snot-cycles!!!!

or ice on the eye lashes.... too fun...

i am so glad we are not in the cold regions.... this test me to my limits each year

looking forward to the build pics.....

good luck on wiring her up...

we have a few team members in cali!

guess i know where to take our next vacation....make it a winter vacation ! lol

chop

I don't think I would eve want to experience snot-cycles or frosted eyelashes. lol

And now that you brought it up, how do you plan on running your wire, under your car or just the regular inside under the carpet?

And you guys should come take a nice warm trip to Cali, lots of guys over here that are open to giving out demos.

I'm with chop, the cold weather is really testing me this year. Good old arthritis is kickin my ass and working the overnight shift doesn't help anything at all. I get to experience the coldest times of the day/night....gotta be at work @10pm and get off @6:30am FTL!!!! Don't get me wrong though, I'm happy to have a job but wish the hours were better. Oh yeah, funky ass tues and wed nights off makes for little to no social life as well. <<<<end rant>>>>

I'm with chop, the cold weather is really testing me this year. Good old arthritis is kickin my ass and working the overnight shift doesn't help anything at all. I get to experience the coldest times of the day/night....gotta be at work @10pm and get off @6:30am FTL!!!! Don't get me wrong though, I'm happy to have a job but wish the hours were better. Oh yeah, funky ass tues and wed nights off makes for little to no social life as well. <<<<end rant>>>>

Haha I'm with you on the work thing. I just turned 21 so I'm really ready for the night life with all the clubs and all that around me and I usually get all week off and work Friday and Saturday 3-midnight and Sunday 1-10pm. It's horrible, but I can't really quit because it's real hard to get a job without having to drive about 30 miles and I don't want to do that.

i will run under the car......

will be best for my application....

leaving all electronics in the trunk.....

subs in the rear seat area.

big three(four) with multiple grounds through out.

looking at a spool of 2/0 welding cable when it is time.

i will run under the car......

will be best for my application....

leaving all electronics in the trunk.....

subs in the rear seat area.

big three(four) with multiple grounds through out.

looking at a spool of 2/0 welding cable when it is time.

Damn! I just cut my wire earlier today and I only made it long enough to go though the inside. I just hope you can't tell under my carpet, cuz 6 1/0 runs are gonna be pretty bulky.

lol, found this looking up some other old info in here...

this was too funny !

had to bump it back up again!

my lil nephew has the ol dakota now....

new install, but still a ol' beater..lol

iak.jpg

i had a different install style i was thinking of...that would of brought the wire through the car.... but, not this one... and that install will happen, i want it to stay original... but it will not intrude on the carpet

perhaps you can fab something to smooth the transition out so it will not be as noticable under the carpet... like sides and top.... maybe a sheet of thin board... sorta like underlayment?

local friend of IAK and SSA member has a IA 15" LI d4, a AlpineM1000, and a I phone 3Gs 16gb... all for sale... he has asked me spread the word and is takening offers at the moment....

also , he has offered an heated area for working on our rides...holding up to three cars....

his name is chris... on here he is Chrissommer....

he ultimetly might also help us get some more decals out of our logos

any questions or offers can be posted here, pm'ed to him , or texted to me.

thanks

chop

i had a different install style i was thinking of...that would of brought the wire through the car.... but, not this one... and that install will happen, i want it to stay original... but it will not intrude on the carpet

perhaps you can fab something to smooth the transition out so it will not be as noticable under the carpet... like sides and top.... maybe a sheet of thin board... sorta like underlayment?

Yeah that's a good idea. I have some 1/2" mdf laying around so maybe that'll work. Hey by any chance do you know how to take the driver seat out? I haven't really taken an in depth look but at a quick glance I didn't see any bolts.

not on yours...

i did not remove the seats on our install when we had our delt... single run down the side worked...simple, sometimes i miss it...lol

i will ask my bud if there are any tricks to it....i will try to reply back by tomorrow evening...

i am thinking that they will bes imilar to mine...but do not want to ramble on if i am incorrect

not on yours...

i did not remove the seats on our install when we had our delt... single run down the side worked...simple, sometimes i miss it...lol

i will ask my bud if there are any tricks to it....i will try to reply back by tomorrow evening...

i am thinking that they will bes imilar to mine...but do not want to ramble on if i am incorrect

Alright, any info is appreciated. I would look muself tomorrow but I work in the morning and have class in the afternoon so I don't have time tomorrow. I should have time to check it out on Tuesday though, so tips before then would be great.

Berto what are you doing hanging out here?

Berto if you want to help before the comp you'll have to come by.

Berto if you want to help before the comp you'll have to come by.

I'm probably gonna have to go by for something, not sure what but I'm sure that once I get into it I'll need help somewhere. And I'm gonna be able to cut out my own center console now cuz I have a woodshop class and we have a large amount of tools available.

don't hesitate to ask.

congrats steve i had my daughter a week ago as of friday

congrats steve i had my daughter a week ago as of friday

Thanks dude. He's 5 months and fun as hell. I drive half way through Texas jthis evening just to see him and my wife for a night then I have to leave again. Less than 24 hours home but worth it .

Every bit of time you can get with family is always FTW!!

surgery went well on mom's lil doggy ( precious)

she had two compressed disk that needed to be repaired as well as quite a few bladder stones removed.

the drive there and back (100 mile round trip) went safely and we missed the storm completly.

should be able to pick her back up on thurday....hoping the roads will be in good shape by then.

i got alot of respect for mom to spend that amount of money on her li four legged friend....close to 3k!

thank you for all the prayers and support.

spent a little bit of time this weekend getting some inspiration for my build!

was not near long enough but enjoyed seeing my old friend.

and yes...... this truck is sick!

Photo01301439.jpg

i got a kick out of the fact we had a chance to give the man himself a demo of Gina's ride....

seems like an honor everytime we meet up.......

Photo01301448_1.jpg

tweeter install 101!!!!

just takes two 36" clamps and a few types of glue.....

the end result....

smooth highs....not the harsh ones we were tolerating....

big thanks to mike for all the help....!

(told you i was going to post it) lol

Photo01291735.jpg