stevemead08

IAK needs an "IHOP"

Probably was talking about this thread

and i probably do, but those alts for those older cars are so cheap brand new there'd be no point lol..

Then again there only like 60-90 Amps i believe

guess i need to clarify a few things for optimal clarity on this...lol

i currently have a stock alt, soon to be upgrade, but for now lets assume it will be upgraded in this senario.

i have a stock front battery in which i will upgrade to something a little more beefier, it is rather puny.

i will have dual runs of 0 gauge cable throughout the big three.

ground from motor to frame.

ground from alt to frame.

power from alt to battery.

there will also be dual runs of 0 gauge from the front battery to the rear battery bank.

two grounds.

two positives.

okay, two in line anl fuse holders right after the stock location battery under the hood as the two runs go toward the rear batteries.

now! i believe it to be correct to have two in line anl fuse holders right before the batteries in the rear and right after as well, so like before the amps....

is this the correct placement for each of the fuse holders?

with two batteries in the rear, should i ground them to each other, as well as all amps ground to both and finally both ground to rear chassie and dual runs from front battery ground......

both batteries positives to each other , all amps to both positives, as well as to two runs from front battery positives......

is that all correct, for even dispurtuion?

so , about 40 ring terminals and 6 fuse holders needed....if i am on the right page.....

fuses both ends yes..

Both batts wired together - and +

if ur running - from the front dont worry about rear chassis ground, but its up to u and wouldnt hurt.

in ur case id try this one unless ur gonna get some buss bars

batt_new.gif

right on!

i will probably be working on finishing up the electrical by next weekend.

thanks for your input bro!

:lol2: Alex da juiceman!!

WooHoo!!! Got to meet some of the Chop family in person yesterday!!

Had a great time meeting you, Gina and the girls. I love your idea for the sound off get together so I'll go ahead and say it here. To all the IAK family and anyone else who would be interested in attending, I've got enough room for any number of people and no one nearby to aggrivate with it so if it would ever be possible to get everyone within driving distance to work out a time it would be really cool to be able to organize a great big get together and sound off down here. It's a fair distance away but unlike most places up north there's more than enough room here and no neighbors close enough to bother with it as I'm sure Chop would attest to after visiting yesterday. Aside from the distance to travel it's the perfect place for it!!!!

Looking forward to the next time we can get together and spend more time together Chop. As I said yesterday we could spend all day running around on the property, riding the quad, walking trails and enjoying the outdoors once the corn is out, or before the fields are planted again, lol.

Care to share mama Chop's possible new setup? :peepwall:

Care to share mama Chop's possible new setup? :peepwall:

we are leaning hard toward a fourth order enclosure design for some what of a stealth look....

meaning, flush with the top of the seat, full width and depth....

single port firing upwards, centered.

four 8"s or 10"s seem to be the choice...still trying to play with the numbers and shop around....

the 15"s would be sweet, sealed perhaps.... i have about 6.2ish cubes....

just looked at the math, i am at 4.5 cubes tight, by shrinking the enclosure down

but that is max dimensions.... porting them would not happen, so sealed and rearward firing would be the only way...

what is needed for two sa-15's sealed? i cant find the specs...

we have 2k+ to play with, really need to go ahead and mount a battery under there for her too...

still struggling to get the head unit warranty-ed out correctly...

seems those two gentlmen had a divorce, i have thier bastard head unit in custidy!

no one is claiming the little bastard and i dont want it either! lol

well thanks to a fello team mate, she will be using 4 sa-8"s in conjuction with the aq2200 in the durango!

SA-8's FTW :wub: Just found the answer to your displacement question on the SA-8's bro, it's .1 ;)

yeah stick with the 8's..... should work out nicely along with a 10" aero. Sundown FTW!

You realize how long that port will be?

Ummmmm, rediculously LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!!

yeah stick with the 8's..... should work out nicely along with a 10" aero. Sundown FTW!

You realize how long that port will be?

Its gonna be a 4thh order

i am scared of the space restraints,

however, momma is letting me raise the height just a little bit more, and at 44" of width, a little helps alot....

i am going to let big jerry look at the numbers and see what he thinks, i wanna take one last set of hard measurements tomorrow am, 4th order with plexy veiwing window would be right along our desired approach, port firing upward....

also, jerry has solid contacts on the bell mouth fittings that i am wanting to use, man if the regular size works, 16" outside diameter!!! that will look badass in the cutty!

told em hell with ac, throw a bag of ice in each port and let the lows blow ice cold air in the cabin!!!! lol

lastly, got solid hook up on the trunk of the cutty being sprayed with the under coating...

*(not for deadening obvisouly, more cosmetic than anything)

so, all in all, great night at "use-to-be-tru", lol

*pun is that tru motorsports relocated but everyone still referances the parking lot "tru"

Dayum!! Home theatre done to the extreme :drink40:

Woohoo!!! Deal of the century, got a Delta 10" table saw, 8" Delta scroll saw, black & decker router table and a full articulating Ryobi radial arm saw for $100!!!!

Woohoo!!! Deal of the century, got a Delta 10" table saw, 8" Delta scroll saw, black & decker router table and a full articulating Ryobi radial arm saw for $100!!!!

Damn son!

Damn son!

X2 ^

awesome!!!