stevemead08

IAK needs an "IHOP"

The plan is to hit it hard on my days off this week. If I can catch a little bit of a break, I will have everything installed by thur. I still have to purchase door clips, speaker grills for the 8's, batt distro blocks, & speaker wire. I may end up needing other odds & ends but nothing significant.

Speaker grills have been ordered

Edited by chicagofan

Days are off! Looks like SLamology is a full go for me!

Soooo much fun is going to be had! Hopfully you & Sean can keep from drinking too much ;) LMAO

Awesome!!!

Glad you got yours all done and back:... At least yours fit correctly :(

I know who I will NEVER buy from again, or tell people to go to with work

Glad you got yours all done and back:... At least yours fit correctly :(

I know who I will NEVER buy from again, or tell people to go to with work

Yeah, no way I would send anyone to him for anything!

I was able to make some progress tonight. Ran wires for the mids & highs along with the new RCA's. I have to get a new dash kit though since the monoprice ones are too long & won't allow the HU to sit correctly :(

I was able to hook up & install the mids n highs though ;)

I should be able to finish installing & wire both amps, the subs, batts, build amp rack, & HU tomorrow :)

I'll have a few weeks to tune before Slam & hopfully have it sounding decent. This will be my 1st attempt at an active front stage.

any bids for the loudest iak vehicle?

popcorn2.gif

Not sure how loud I will be but I should be able to demo all day with zero issues! I would guess upper 40's on music for myself.....a low 50 would be nice though ;)

I'll be doing mid 40's all day.

Hey chuck what if you used some of those 90* rca adapters for the head unit? I was able to make those work once.

The old rca's were 90° & they had issues as well........but thanks for the idea Dave. I believe the new kit is just a necessary change in general. Asthetically it won't be quite as pleasing but at least I won't have the hassle of making the wiring just perfect to fit.

In my tC, ALL my 5500ds had to use 90 degree rca adapters and i had no problems.

Woohoo!!! I have all eqipment in & playing! I have some minor issues to fix but overall I'm pretty damn happy :)

Ground loop issues fml :( I have no time till my next days off work to find & fix it. I will be installing my speaker grills for the 8's along with building an amp & battery rack over those days as well.

you sure you have a ground loop and not a power filtering issue?

I thought that's what i had until it was the latter...  Power filtering is expensive to attack with extra equipment.

Well, grounded the rca's at the head unit from the jackets & just about completely removed all noise :)

Bad news is, after lots of testing, I seem to have recieved a bad sub. I will be calling Sundown monday morning & hoping to have a replacement express shipped in time for Slamology. It seems there is something internally wrong below the dust cap. Suspension, leads, & joints all look good visually from checking exterior. Local dealer checked it out & confirmed my findings as well.

Front stage is freakin awesome & I couldn't be happier with how they sound minus the issues with my fiberglassed doors. Lots of compliments for the sound but easy to pick the door shortcomings out. Just one of those 5ft away awesome looking deals I guess :/

That's a bummer chuck. Hopefully you can get one in time.

I picked up 2 more diehard 31 batts this weekend while on sale. My New cable didn't make it Friday so wasn't able to get anything done this weekend. Maybe I can get it done before Saturday.

Ok so I ended up getting a little done.

The new batt/amp box is cut.  Had to make a new one because I need to stand up the batteries to fit them in and the original was designed to lay down. Why does everything always seem to come down to the wire?  lol no pun intended.

That's a bummer chuck. Hopefully you can get one in time.

I picked up 2 more diehard 31 batts this weekend while on sale. My New cable didn't make it Friday so wasn't able to get anything done this weekend. Maybe I can get it done before Saturday.

how much were they on sale for and where sears?

ima give them a call tomorrow.

4 deka's for 60$ a pc is a good ass deal

ima give them a call tomorrow.

4 deka's for 60$ a pc is a good ass deal

I agree!!