stevemead08

IAK needs an "IHOP"

We are in a nasty humid funk out here too bro. 90+ degrees & probably that in humidity as well.

Yea and my ass been sweatin in it all week..

U dont even wanna know what the rest of my body has been doin...

So the weather was only like that during my visit and left when I did. I need to find it soon then.

It is branded once more!!

DSC01485.jpg

looks good.

thats some serious hillage u got back there

looks good.

thats some serious hillage u got back there

Thanks Justin.

I live in the mountains. Lots of hills every where.

Nice!

Finally got time to clean her up and put the stickers on. Hope you are doing well Chop.

Oldest daughter turns 20 today.....feelin a lil old

Happy Birthday to her!

I know the feeling Chuck, my son is 19.5 and my daught is 16. Here I am looking to part II of my life. In 3 years no kids and only a house payment. Options are endless....

Lol @ feelin

Looks like I am going to wait on the upgrades till tax season. The plan currently is to do the deadening, take care of some small developing rust issues, & get the necessary engine work done (full tune up, valve cover gaskets, oil lines, & intake manifold). I will be using a single E15 in a 4cu box for now to keep a little low end. I still have to order the replacement diaphrams for my tweets. Other priorities at the moment have kept me from doing much in the way of car audio :(

Hope everyone is doing well & enjoying the summer :)

Looks like I am going to wait on the upgrades till tax season. The plan currently is to do the deadening, take care of some small developing rust issues, & get the necessary engine work done (full tune up, valve cover gaskets, oil lines, & intake manifold). I will be using a single E15 in a 4cu box for now to keep a little low end. I still have to order the replacement diaphrams for my tweets. Other priorities at the moment have kept me from doing much in the way of car audio :(

Hope everyone is doing well & enjoying the summer :)

Sometimes life just happens. At least you have a little bass for the time being.

Looks like I am going to wait on the upgrades till tax season. The plan currently is to do the deadening, take care of some small developing rust issues, & get the necessary engine work done (full tune up, valve cover gaskets, oil lines, & intake manifold). I will be using a single E15 in a 4cu box for now to keep a little low end. I still have to order the replacement diaphrams for my tweets. Other priorities at the moment have kept me from doing much in the way of car audio sad.png

Hope everyone is doing well & enjoying the summer smile.png

Wow what did I miss? Did you sell the 6 15s? 

Looks like I am going to wait on the upgrades till tax season. The plan currently is to do the deadening, take care of some small developing rust issues, & get the necessary engine work done (full tune up, valve cover gaskets, oil lines, & intake manifold). I will be using a single E15 in a 4cu box for now to keep a little low end. I still have to order the replacement diaphrams for my tweets. Other priorities at the moment have kept me from doing much in the way of car audio sad.png

Yah, even i caught that previously, and I thought you were on here more than me. lol

Just a Hello to my IAK family. Hope all is well. :)

Wanted to change up because it wasn't as loud as I wanted. Still doing X's but not till tax time. I have 3 in high school & oldest in college to help with various stuff pertaining to school. Need to address the truck issues before they get too bad & become more expensive. No stress from me though, I will be ready for Slamology 2014 ;)

Just a Hello to my IAK family. Hope all is well. :)

Hey Neal :)

Edited by chicagofan

Wanted to change up because it wasn't as loud as I wanted. Still doing X's but not till tax time. I have 3 in high school & oldest in college to help with various stuff pertaining to school. Need to address the truck issues before they get too bad & become more expensive. No stress from me though, I will be ready for Slamology 2014 wink.png

ah ok. I gave you call...

Just installed my first backup camera.

That was easy.  IT's not 100% wired up yet because i like to do things different, :)

So i got one of those full license plate framed cameras.

I drilled a hole, ran the wire through the back door, installed grommet and sealed it up well.

Connected it to it's extension cable, taped it up and zip tied it in 5 places to ensure they will never disconnect.

I have all my dc wires ran on the left side of the vehicle in the roof and all the AC wiring ran on the right side of the roof.

I will have to pull the stereo out to finish hooking it up but i still need to do this-

Run trigger wire from stereo to reverse light.

Connect camera to stereo and run power and ground from the cable harness to wherever.

Now, here is what i'm doing differently for my backup camera-

My stereo triggers the rear view camera video input when the remote trigger senses voltage from the reverse light.

I cannot manually just go to rear camera while i'm driving.... Well, not yet, :)

So, i'll install a DP relay on the remote trigger wire from the stereo.

What this will do is when it's NOT switched, the remote trigger will work normal, only sensing voltage when reverse light is turned on and i'm in reverse.

When i flip a switch that controls the relay, the Remote trigger line will be CUT from the reverse light and fed directly from the battery giving it constant 12v allowing the stereo to view the rear view camera while driving.  Simply turn the switch off and the rear view camera trigger goes back to normal sensing for the reverse light.

This will not interfere with the reverse light whatsoever while driving so it will be pretty cool to be able to see what's behind you whenever you need to.

I did something similar when I installed mine. I have a switch that is turns a relay on so I can watch how the load on the trailer is doing. Back up camera's are an awesome feature.

Yea, i need to make a ground block in the car soon..  I have butt connected 2 different ground cables behind the stereo like 3 times per cable from all this low amperage wiring.. 

Getting to be some spaghetti back there.

Just installed my first backup camera.

That was easy.  IT's not 100% wired up yet because i like to do things different, smile.png

So i got one of those full license plate framed cameras.

I drilled a hole, ran the wire through the back door, installed grommet and sealed it up well.

Connected it to it's extension cable, taped it up and zip tied it in 5 places to ensure they will never disconnect.

I have all my dc wires ran on the left side of the vehicle in the roof and all the AC wiring ran on the right side of the roof.

I will have to pull the stereo out to finish hooking it up but i still need to do this-

Run trigger wire from stereo to reverse light.

Connect camera to stereo and run power and ground from the cable harness to wherever.

Now, here is what i'm doing differently for my backup camera-

My stereo triggers the rear view camera video input when the remote trigger senses voltage from the reverse light.

I cannot manually just go to rear camera while i'm driving.... Well, not yet, smile.png

So, i'll install a DP relay on the remote trigger wire from the stereo.

What this will do is when it's NOT switched, the remote trigger will work normal, only sensing voltage when reverse light is turned on and i'm in reverse.

When i flip a switch that controls the relay, the Remote trigger line will be CUT from the reverse light and fed directly from the battery giving it constant 12v allowing the stereo to view the rear view camera while driving.  Simply turn the switch off and the rear view camera trigger goes back to normal sensing for the reverse light.

This will not interfere with the reverse light whatsoever while driving so it will be pretty cool to be able to see what's behind you whenever you need to.

I laid mine out the exact same way. However, My laziness forbids me to run the wire to the front until I pull everything out again when i get an amp for my front stage. 

:ghost:

:)