stevemead08

IAK needs an "IHOP"

Yea I would have to agree with Chop on this one.... I don't have a clue..... :popcorn:

Currently the inside of the port is kerf'd leaving on site that I could basically make a box-plug 2.5" and slide it to the back. I was thinking to use t-nuts on the inside of the port plug so I could secure it to the Back (bottom) and to the outside wall to keep it from rattling around. I could kerf the plug too. But as much trouble as it took for the other one IDK. it would look sweet to have the 3" kerf into a 10 inch mouth. I'll probably try it anyways. I need to borrow the churches DB meter for some testing though.

Hey I've purchased Zapco components for the front and coaxial for the rear.

Is the sax 100d my best option for powering these? They are rated @ 80 rms. You know who extended a sale price to me? Whatcha think? I have also been looking at the cresendo audio

I need help choosing an setting up these. School me please

Sell the rears, put the money towards a different amp or better fronts.

A little update on the encosure for the SA8's: I've got a huge air leak in the seal around the glass of the box and it's currently out of the truck again :puzzled: . Mike has it until tuesday at which point the seal should be fixed, more lights added, a slight wiring change (2 outputs/1 per pair of subs), a doubling up of all the corners with more seal so no other leaks will "pop up", and bracing for the ports.

As far as what I was able to get out of them before the seal problem: THESE ARE FREAKIN BEASTS, FTMFW!!!! The tuning is at 33hz and the box is on the larger size right at 5cu net but it destroys the lows like I was looking for. They had a lot of output before any tuning and the problem came up. I am extremely happy with this purchase without any doubts :drink40: I'll try to get something up wed or thurs after I get them back in and a little tuning. I anticipate needing more deadener...LOL!

Noooo! Not more problems with this damn enclosure. I hope it gets fixed right. Ive got to see a video of a daily setup with these!

radiator in.

discovered three new problems!

will report back more , later on....

going to use up the daylight.

chop

Two girls - here they are giving me a haircut....

Hey peps,

Well today just to have some fun I hooked up my Us md3d merlin... The amp works great, But I have found that one side of the my rca plugs has a short..... :suicide-santa: So I lose some output from the amp of course and I'm running a single 12 inch wmd @ 4ohm load..... Now I have to run some 0/1 wire and do the big 3 and get my PAP SP15 in there....Also get that damn rca removed and a new rca ran..... :trippy:

I'm broke down but I did purchase the sax 100d for the front stage.

She's really concentrating.....LOL! How much did she charge for the cut? Cute stuff bro.

Two girls - here they are giving me a haircut...

Dude that is too much. She looks like she's really getting a kick outta helping with that, and you're one brave man. My kids woulda removed the guard before anyone could notice and do some damage.... lol.

Whats up folks. just checking in. The 8s are rocking hard in the truck but now im having problems with the SAZ3k. it goes into protect below half volume and the gain is turned down pretty low so i dont know what the problem is maybe ill send it into db-r and see whats up on the inside. my ground is very strong and i have the XS battery to keep volts up??? :suicide-santa:

Next time I measure the car I am going to make foot print patterns prior to building the darn thing. My boxes fit but there is no room for the battery or either of the amps!!!!

Still without my subs :( On a side note/good note: I think that it may be getting bedlinered now :drink40: Mike (DD9915D) is sanding all the edges to the smoothness :woot: and testing/retesting for any seal problems before it's sprayed. He still has to make the braces for the ports and fix the outer seal around the glass but got the extra LED's in. I guess it's gonna be another week before I get my babies back in the truck :shrug:

I hope this enclosure is WELL worth it from the amount of time its taking...:puzzled:

ME TOO!

Don't feel to bad I haven't been able to finish my install either. I ordered the 4 channel and I think the wrong amp got sent. I double checked all of my e-mails they say sax100d and the fedex shipping thing says 1000d. With 2 model numbers so close and ending with a D I could see how this mistake could happen.

On a lighter note I started another box and Birch was only 6 bux more than mdf.

Now the box is at the bed liner place being sprayed and I probably won't get it till next week. I think it will be worth it though for the overall look and function with the liner also acting as a seal for the exterior :drink40:

WTF?? No way. Wrong birch....or your mdf is completely jacked.

You didn't get void free nor enough layers, return it. It'll be BAD for enclosures.

The mix-up with shipping was handled today. I know Jacob has good customer service but even when I offered to pay the extra shipping he didn't take me up on it. Typo on my part substituted a z for an x and a miss communication on his by adding a 0. I'm not use to such good service. With out a doubt he'll end up with more of my money.

WTF?? No way. Wrong birch....or your mdf is completely jacked.

You didn't get void free nor enough layers, return it. It'll be BAD for enclosures.

X2 on that one!

I think I was looking at the birch you were referring to when I was at Home Depot yesterday...

If so it was a multi-ply laminate that just had a finish layer of birch.

This wouldn't be the best thing to build with in my opinion either.

In a bind just go with what works, the 3/4" MDF...

The sheets are actually a little bit bigger than 8'x4'.

The 3/4 inch MDF is all I have ever used myself for the 3 boxes I have built.... Going to build a new one soon enough and it will be with the 3/4 inch MDF.....

The 3/4 inch MDF is all I have ever used myself for the 3 boxes I have built.... Going to build a new one soon enough and it will be with the 3/4 inch MDF.....

Void free Baltic Birch Ply is better, but it comes in smaller sheets that are still at least 2x the price of mdf and smaller. Other ply isn't very good, in fact it is bad.

Hope everyone is feeling better. I'll pray for traveling mercy for those of you whom are on the road. Enjoy worship service and the Family get together. Chop don't dye your fingers coloring eggs with your grandson.