stevemead08

IAK needs an "IHOP"

:)

Hey guys, I can finally start making real posts again. Been on mobile for quite some time. So to give a little update. I lost my last position where I was working for 3rd shift for Cummins diesel where I was doing Data Center Operations. This happen back in September. Around my birthday in October I was lucky to find a job a dell. I was finally approved for my government clearance so now I have access to the network. Here I'll be support just people who work for the government. (technical support).

As far as my build is concerned. Nothing as really changed this whole year. I have a new enclosure, it's really growing on me. The space savings is a huge plus, but besides that, I don't think I would use a aero port again, I don't mean that in a harsh way, it just I guess I was expecting to hear a night and day difference. That's not the case. So in my experience, if you can spare the space, just go slot port haha. If you are competing, then yeah, aero is the way to go. 

For next year, I do plan on spending my income tax pretty much all on my audio. This year I've caught up a bit of bills and credit cards in anticipation for this. I am going to go ahead and proceed with the 4 18 c pilar wall. Subs in mind are the Team F.i's, SSA Evils, and/or if DSS gets his 3k rms or his 5krms sub preorder out by then. I want to get the wall built and subs in first and primarly. The other things I can install around that. 

I hope everyone enjoys their holidays, hope to see you guys soon!

Let me know on that wall, i might have similar plans

Let me know on that wall, i might have similar plans

It'll just be a tradition flat wall. Haven't decided on port location though. I'm a daily guy at heart but also enjoy taking home first place trophies. This is gonna be the deal breaker. So really the main factor is if I'll be able to physically place the 18s to do either top or side port. Me and Teric took some premature measurements, but all looks well so far. Once order is placed for subs, that gives me about 4 weeks to build wall. But at the time, weather should be getting nice, and I'll be getting up from the local IAK members down here. 

I'm sure we will have fun designing and building this thing. After my last enclosure I will make sure to take in to account that we need to have a spot for storing batts and amps this go around lol

I'm sure we will have fun designing and building this thing. After my last enclosure I will make sure to take in to account that we need to have a spot for storing batts and amps this go around lol

yeah for sure.

There's my lil bro!!! It sounds like the new job is working well for you. I've thought about calling to see how you were doing but not sure of your hours. We both seem to be going in the same direction with builds. I am walling off the burban @ the c-pillar as well with tax return $$.

Slamology is going to have nice IAK representation for sure with all these builds & rebuilds.

I won't have much of a tax rreturn, but with the new job att AT&T starting next month I should have extra funds to hopefully finish my wall by samology. I hve the bulk of the work done to the car, just need the rest of my equiment.

IAKHOP full of win

Love and Joy as always!

There's my lil bro!!! It sounds like the new job is working well for you. I've thought about calling to see how you were doing but not sure of your hours. We both seem to be going in the same direction with builds. I am walling off the burban @ the c-pillar as well with tax return $$.

Slamology is going to have nice IAK representation for sure with all these builds & rebuilds.

Now if only we could get Teric to Cpilar wall his Sub we would REALLY make an impression. He already has the equipment haha. Yeah my new hours are from 12pm-9pm if any of you need me. I'm actually debating on traveling after work tonight, I have the option to work this holiday week or not. If I chose not I don't have to be back until Sunday. What is everybody's plan for this?

Working here bro.

Ol Chop & the month of December is a battle that cannot end soon enough.

My luck is all but horrible ...

Thus why I love tunning in here to see all of the positive going for my family! !

Love knowing you all are on the up and up!

Working here bro.

Ol Chop & the month of December is a battle that cannot end soon enough.

My luck is all but horrible ...

Thus why I love tunning in here to see all of the positive going for my family! !

Love knowing you all are on the up and up!

Haha yea for sure! 

Get well soon.

I do believe 8-15's on 8k in a c-pillar wall should be able to make a lil noise ;)

The current plan is to use Shok Industries Tritons & Taramps amplifiers for everything, including front stage. I don't plan to really compete much, if at all. The goal is to be able & demo while maintaining seating in the back. I should be able to start making purchases in Jan & begin actually building late Feb/early March once the tax return hits my bank. A couple more XS Power XP3000's & some more wiring are definitely coming, along with possibly another HO alt :)

I do believe 8-15's on 8k in a c-pillar wall should be able to make a lil noise wink.png

The current plan is to use Shok Industries Tritons & Taramps amplifiers for everything, including front stage. I don't plan to really compete much, if at all. The goal is to be able & demo while maintaining seating in the back. I should be able to start making purchases in Jan & begin actually building late Feb/early March once the tax return hits my bank. A couple more XS Power XP3000's & some more wiring are definitely coming, along with possibly another HO alt smile.png

Hell Yea!!! I can't wait to see you're build unfold.

Now if only we could get Teric to Cpilar wall his Sub we would REALLY make an impression. He already has the equipment haha. Yeah my new hours are from 12pm-9pm if any of you need me. I'm actually debating on traveling after work tonight, I have the option to work this holiday week or not. If I chose not I don't have to be back until Sunday. What is everybody's plan for this?

Not even sure i'll have the same equipment by then. That's still a ways away. The burban might be gutted by then. 

Merry Chriatmas IAK family

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

And Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone......be safe

Woohoo!! Snowpacolypse 2014 in Indy!! 11" of snow on the ground & the mayor declares zero travel other than emergency vehicles allowed. High temp tomorrow is expected to be -10 with -40+ windchill! It looks like possible blizzard conditions may occur. What a wonderfull way to begin the year :)

Stay warm and safe Chuck.

We got 10"s here chuck, Woke up this morning and  my furnace wasn't working.. But i fixed it, this will defiantly be a birthday for my son that I will remember lol