Sign in to follow this  
JammerJ

2 21 inch wardens

I have a 2003 Jeep GCL and i am wondering if I can fit 2 21 inch Wardens in the rear storage area, a ported box would be optimal. I am just unsure if I have enough volume in order to fit the box. If anyone has any experience with the storage capacity of a jeep please help out.

Edited by JammerJ

Go out with a tape measure and measure max width, depth and height! Then look over what Incriminator recommends for box size and then calculate. Or we can help you calculate.

The specs say 2047 cubic liters. I will try and measure it tomorrow or find the dimensions online.

But i believe that is with the seats folded down. 39 cubic feet with the seats unfolded. I will get measurements soon.

Edited by JammerJ

Wall setup? I would think so just wanna make sure...trink40.gif

When you get dimensions pm JBLCamry here on the forum is a master at wall builds and designs!

When you get dimensions pm JBLCamry here on the forum is a master at wall builds and designs!

Ok I will do that, thanks

Check out his work on the Team Decent section on the forum here!

2cy18hi.jpgxm4wg4.jpgthat is what the box would basically look like. I have an overall height of 36", 58" wide at the top, 50" at the mid section, 39" at the bottom, depth of 29" at the bottom 18 at the top. I feel this isnt enough room lol.

you have roughly 19.8732 cubes of airspace considering the enclosure looks like the pictured one (i don't think i have ever built a wall that got wider as it goes up, i think you should double check the measurements). that is before displacement. and double baffle for all walls.

i would say that would be a tight fit after port, bracing, and sub woofer displacement. but double check those measurements and make sure that that is the actual width at the top.

yo should just build the baffle, top, bottom and back with wood and glass the sides :P

you have roughly 19.8732 cubes of airspace considering the enclosure looks like the pictured one (i don't think i have ever built a wall that got wider as it goes up, i think you should double check the measurements). that is before displacement. and double baffle for all walls.

i would say that would be a tight fit after port, bracing, and sub woofer displacement. but double check those measurements and make sure that that is the actual width at the top.

It gets wider as it goes up because the wheel wells are in the way on the floor, and then the panels stick out on the sides, so the top would fit into where the window is.

you can kind of get an idea of the sides here.

http://jeep.fremont-online.com/uploaded_images/jeep_ladder-716549.JPG

Most vehicles tend to slope inwards as they go up. Just not to sure on your vehicle.

Ya you're right mine does, I have to get a lot more measurements. its hard now because my current setup is in the way and its a very tight fit and hard to remove.