jdawgg22

Recone?

I was told with a nightshade you have the option to add extra spiders. Is that true? If so what does extra spiders do?

umm the night shade V1 are discontinued... so i ASSUME you already have one and wnat to get a recone BUT with more spiders! correct?

anyways here is some help

SPIDER Everyone familiar with a speaker has seen the flexible corrugated woven material that exists just below the cone. This is the spider, which is a part of the speaker that helps maintain linear movement of the voice coil. This maintains control over the entire cone movement. Spiders are generally made of cotton, poly-cotton blend, or conex. They also come in a variety of sizes. However, the major difference between spiders is the number of corrugations, meaning the valleys and peaks, and the heights of these. This is important because some speakers have longer throw than others. The wrong spec spider has the potential to break down quickly and create "spider sag." That can greatly affect the sound quality of your speaker.

i STOLE this from here: please read and i give FULL credit to this site!

Anatomy of the Subwoofer (cont.) - Features - Features - Car Audio and Electronics

I actually thought you came up with that yourself Ken! I was about to be VERY impressed! :)

OP: You can get extra spiders on a Nightshade, it makes the suspension stiffer to increase mechanical power handling.