My radio make my subs "pop" when I change tracks and turn off the car. I have tried replacing the rca's that didn't help. differnt head unit stopped it. But I wanna try to keep my kenwood. Any sugestions. I have heard that there is away to stop it just don't know how.

Try a noise supressor there also called ground loop isolators. Before you spend money on it I would check your grounds

Check your grounds (headunit, amp and electrical ones), I also had that problem before.

I upgraded all my grounds to 0/1 gauge. Cleans of paint secuered tightly. Is the ground what's causing it?

I upgraded all my grounds to 0/1 gauge. Cleans of paint secuered tightly. Is the ground what's causing it?

Well I couldnt tell you directly but I do know in my situation that what was causing my noise, once I did my Big 3 in 1/0 gauge and doubled the ground run from battery to chassis it went away. My car has horrible gounding so I notice if I went overkill on grounds I eliminated a lot of noises that caused interference.

The pop on noise can be the amp itself: some have a delay, some are mute and some are loud so it really depends but I would let others chime in as well.

yea. alot of amp have turn on/off delays to eliminate the pop. especially from cutting the RCA signal from the headunit when the units turns off

My system doesn't do it often. but every so often when i change tracks it will make a small pop. because of the sudden halt/cease and reconnection of the RCA signal to the amp

Well it does it every time I change tracks or turn off the key. I have already went pretty overkill on grounds lol. But ass for amps idk it did it on my old Memphis 4kws and now on my IA 20.1's.

my car has a pretty Nasty turn off pop and a bit of alt whine untill I can trace it down we just put a switch for the amps in the trunk

If all else fails, you can check out Navone Engineering pop eliminators. David Navone is a real nice guy and answered every question I had after I got my pop eliminator. Just make sure you hook it up right, I had that problem a few times.

Ground, ground, ground.

Try re-locating your radio ground away from the factory ground.

Thanks guys. I have triedany ground locations nothings helping. If I hook the head unit up to a batt free from my car it plays fine, still has a slight pop but not as loud as before. I think I'm gunna try a ground loop and see if that fixes it. I wouldn't even worry about it but it's hard to come home and try not to wake anyone up lol. When I turn the key off it's s 148db burp lol that's why I'm trying to quiet it down.

Press your mute button before you turn it off, let us know if it does anything.

Still does it when I press mute. The other thing that I forgot was an all the amps I try if I turn the gain up the subs just hit countineusly. Until I 1. Turn off the HU or 2. Turn down the amp

You sure it is not the headunit itself, when my subs did that my headunit was at fault. Try to do the same thing with a mp3 player and see if does it.

Go through and check to see how your engine block is grounded.

Thanks guys. I have triedany ground locations nothings helping. If I hook the head unit up to a batt free from my car it plays fine, still has a slight pop but not as loud as before. I think I'm gunna try a ground loop and see if that fixes it. I wouldn't even worry about it but it's hard to come home and try not to wake anyone up lol. When I turn the key off it's s 148db burp lol that's why I'm trying to quiet it down.

Shit made me :roflmao:

Glade it makes someone happy my wife hates it! The engine grounds all have been upgraded to 0g. Engine to body engine to batt, batt to body. Then in the back I had Every batt to it's own ground, and I had a copper bar connecting all of them. Didn't help.

And the 148 was really a 148.2 on the dash with a TL. Lol

Edited by flipzslick