thebiggmann12

How To Do A Recone

alright, so somehow the basket on my ns just broke like a 3" long peice off, only thing that is holding it on is the surround that is stuck to it. i googled how to do a recone and found this. [How To] Build or recone a speaker - Realm of Excursion

i used a search on here and didnt find anything so i figured i would post this up for peoples information. if this is against the rules then by all means delete it. im not sure how that works. hope this helps somebody as much as its going to help me.

alright, so somehow the basket on my ns just broke like a 3" long peice off, only thing that is holding it on is the surround that is stuck to it. i googled how to do a recone and found this. [How To] Build or recone a speaker - Realm of Excursion

i used a search on here and didnt find anything so i figured i would post this up for peoples information. if this is against the rules then by all means delete it. im not sure how that works. hope this helps somebody as much as its going to help me.

Plus there are a lot of videos on youtube that show you as well, there is someone on this forum that has done one in a build log I believe (probably not recently but I seen it one day while bored).

ooo i didnt check youtube, but i thought it was like uber-hard to do one but by looking at that it doesnt look too bad at all.

You won't be doing just a recone, you'll be doing a rebasket as well! That's a little more difficult.

Brandon,

Email me a picture of the damage. I might be able to help.

You won't be doing just a recone, you'll be doing a rebasket as well! That's a little more difficult.

Reconing is a piece of cake. I just bought the recone kit for my buddy, read an article or two and set off. Basically you're going to cut the soft parts out and pull the basket off. Glue and screw the new basket.

The only difficult part is figuring out how to shim your voicecoil the first time you do it. I used big index cards.