porkchop

Chop's build log

well, i am at the point that i need to quit seconde guessing myself, lol

i am rather happy with the overall design, i am happy with the volume, i think....

the build style...... still playing with numbers.... meaning useing 2"x4"s or double layer mdf.... single some places with all thread....

the port option, very well might do a drop in port...removable type with t-nuts....

this would offer alot of options without alot of demo / rebuild type work

i will post up a little something in about a hour.....

chop

Very good Chop I'm sure you will get numbers you want.....

thinking this is really close to where i will be with the numbers......

the brief sketch of the port can be seen here as well...

the port will have weather stripping style seal compressed tightly against the baffle, as will the subs....

will use t-nuts for both sub and port.....

yes the port looks big, it is based off of what the subs need however....( meaning, not based on the rule of thumb)

dakota18s.png

this is a attempt to show how i intend to do the corners.....

as appossed to just bouble baffles of the same dimensions resulting in a straight 90' seem in all corners....

looks like it would be stronger and air tight this way, imo

i also plan on installing vertical and horizontal 45's in all inside corners....(not shown)....

corners.png

this would provide me ample air space, and port tunning.

the subs will be inverted in this application....

the port can have the ability to extend outside of the enclosure as well as inside.....

any thoughts thus far?

thanks chop

Those drivers look mean as hell dude. I cant wait to see this thing. Your roof is gonna be dancin!:dancing:

The design looks great. I didnt work over any numbers but Im sure you dont want my input on that anyway!;) Come on Chop, 150s in your reach for sure. Dont forget to sprikle the magic spl dust around...

each time i go outside i get different numbers, see new angles, find new obstacles, change my mind on the over all impression.....

have a second design, that is very similar to this one,

vision the rear wall ..... the first baffle will extend to the roof....the seconde, will represent the enclosure's top height....

the same principal for the sides..... then creating a new roof across for this area......

having an exagerated 45' angle, horizontally in the top rear plane ( more of a half pipe though, letting the sound waves roll across it toward the front of the cab)...

150's would be fun....

spl dust & shipping to 46225?

:popcorn: I gotta see these when you get em bro.

As long as you back up those sd saz 1500's with a couple batteries and maybe a high output alternator..... You should be able to do 150's easy Chop bet on that FTW.... :drink40::popcorn:

Chicago Fan those subs are going to blow your mind if and when you see them.... :woot:

oh, he will see em' lol..... we kick it about once a week ....

uh, local IAK members, if you can, show up at the house today, i am going to fire up the smoker, i have like half a farm to cook up...bbq, chop style !....

all the sides too.

hollar

:drink40:

totally off subject , but,

the dinner was rather good if i say so my self....

7lbs. of smoked bbq chicken breast, 2lbs. of hot dogs, 3qrts. of my speacial bbq garbage beans(over a lb. of bacon in them), two big boxes of (velveta) mac & shells, 3lbs. of macoroni salad, 3lbs. of potato salad, 9 lbs. of home made french fries cooked in 100% bacon grease smothered with cheese, and i made a huge pineapple on the grill for desert......

good food, family, friends and fun.....

we had a demo from iputon's 18" IA DR, being pushed with a SAZ-1500D, it was housed in a sweet ass enclosure that Mdizzle built...

it sounded real frickin nice serving the lows on a Phil Collins mix......

Mikey done a quick amp install in a suburban and designed him a box for his 15" L7 .....in the alley, drive through style, lol, ftw!

Shelly had a big art and crafts thing going, they cranked out some killer projects....

after we were all stuffed, it was time to watch 'cops' and catch a few zzzzz's, Jdawgg22 was out with the quickness....

it was a great time and screamed of what is to come this season for our crew!

chop

Sure wish i was local!!!

Damn that sounds like a good time...... Chop this install looks like it will be killer.... can't wait to witness it's completion and maybe have a demo one of these days....

i wish you fellas was local too, who knows what the future will hold though, right?

Alton, I just sent that pm out, I am thinking tomorrow we will have you sqaured away.

chop

mine are dual 2ohm's.... the strapped SAZ's will like it better that way.

2009 WMD2 18 D2 T/S parameters in series no break in:

FS 37.68 hz

Qms 6.131

Vas 3.133 cft

mms 461.30 g

re 3.87 ohms

Qes .959

SPL 88.84 db SPL 1w/1m

pdia 403.4 mm

Qts .829

Le 1.05

BL 21

uh, 1500 rms, 55lb. motor, 300oz. ferreit weight...., 19mm of xmax, 4 layer coil, .....

edited: okay, i fixed the specs....to dual 2ohm now....

i gotta look up the rest, i forget...

What up to the IAK family!! Hoping to get the 4-SA8's and the amp rack in this week along with the Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD. I'm hyped for chop's build and to see these monsters he has coming in. I'm diggin the murdered out direction for the dakota bro, serious sleeper style :drink40:

What a tease picture!! I like it!!!

Wait until you see what they look like out of the box..... Monsters I tell you monster Itell you..... :drink40::popcorn:

Ive already seen this picture! Open them boxes and show them little ladies off Chop!:ohnoes9:

Youre teasing.

LOL , they are sick looking subs..... I can't wait to get my sub up and running also.... :fing34:

:peepwall: is that all we get??? LOL! Let em breathe bro, give em a little TLC, haha :drink40:

1-68.jpg

1-69.jpg

1-70.jpg

i wil get more pics today,

i had something get in my lungs thursday, along with carrying this bronchitus, it got me down all day yesterday....

sorry , now i am behind....

lol

chop

Concentrate on getting better man. We're all anxious to see the build, but not at your health's expense. I got patience, I'll exercise it. LOL