Hansk

subaru build w/ 2 15" dc

now i have a question. i have been looking at batteries and looking to purchase some prob around next tuesday. i have been looking at optima's and im prob gonna do a red top to replace my starter batt and a yellow top in the rear, with what im running will one yellow top be enough in the rear or would anyone recommend 2? imo i would think just one would do. would anyone object to this??

bump

Seriously? Why bump a build log? There hasn't been enough traffic lately to move you off the front page in 2-3 days. Also why bump if not selling something? This isn't the for-sale thread. But of the better note I did love the end of the video where you mom came out. That's priceless.

now i have a question. i have been looking at batteries and looking to purchase some prob around next tuesday. i have been looking at optima's and im prob gonna do a red top to replace my starter batt and a yellow top in the rear, with what im running will one yellow top be enough in the rear or would anyone recommend 2? imo i would think just one would do. would anyone object to this??

More than two batterys won't do you any good without a HO alternator. If you listen while mostly driving I would even recommend the HO before a second battery, as the second batt is only really good for listening with the car off.

Nobody can tell you if it will be enough batteries to help out your electrical, your best bet is to install everything and monitor your voltage. Tell us how your voltage is responding and you can go from there, this would be your best bet.

More than two batterys won't do you any good without a HO alternator. If you listen while mostly driving I would even recommend the HO before a second battery, as the second batt is only really good for listening with the car off.

thats seems right to me. i talked to a buddy of mine whos a mechanic and know alot about car electrical systems and ccar audio and he said the same thing.......thats prob what i will do is replace the starter batt and then do a h/o alt ..... thanks just wanted other opinions??? i know i might seem like im jupping all over the place im just trying to figure out what the best thing to do next with the build...

sub up, port back. guarantee itll sound better.

Agreed.

just ordered:

Knukonceptz: In-Line Waterproof ANL Fuse Holder w/ Fuse (250A)

Darvex: XScorpion 0 Gauge Ring Terminals bulk 10 pack

Second Skin: B-stock Damp ProDoor Pack - 12 sq feet

B-stock SPL Tiles40 Tiles- 32. 85 square feet\

i will post picks once i get everything and picks with installation

started riping out all the interior today.... i got 80 second skin SPL tiles coming this friday going to also be replacing my 4 gauge with 0 gauge and installing a stinger digital volt meter here are some of the pics from the break down i will have more pics when i start putting everything in.. i have one question though... where would be the best place to run the volt meter from the starter batt or from the amp..????

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

found hese two random deadener sheets in after i took out the ceiling....

IMG_0612.jpg

Edited by Hans

thanks man i just cant wait till i can start putting all this stuff back together..

thanks man i just cant wait till i can start putting all this stuff back together..

I know how you feel.biggrin.gif

That wire is amazingly flexible, i was surprised too. Its like a noodle straight out of the pot. How many cca is that yellow top? Are you thinking about redesigning the box? Sub up, port back? I know a guy who can design it for ya, if interested.

That wire is amazingly flexible, i was surprised too. Its like a noodle straight out of the pot. How many cca is that yellow top? Are you thinking about redesigning the box? Sub up, port back? I know a guy who can design it for ya, if interested.

CA 870 CCA is 750.... ya i really am thinking about redoing the box sub up port back....and the wire omg... when i got mine i was like holy shit its like string... but ya i need a new box design

CA 870 CCA is 750.... ya i really am thinking about redoing the box sub up port back....and the wire omg... when i got mine i was like holy shit its like string... but ya i need a new box design

Then i must say..

"Contact DL Designz for enclosure fabrication and designs at DLAudioTech@gmail.com

^ Notify them as referred by Domenico Zerilli ^"

.. he'll give you a model and a cut-list :fing34:

Edited by BanginGMC

cool... and the next step for me is a H/O alt.... anybody got any preferences... iraggi, dc, exxessive amperage????

DC seems to never let people down

ya i have heard the same too but i heard there shipping time can take up to a month and a half.... but also where do i go about contacting them... i cant find anything by googling dc alts??

This looks nice, make a vid asap. Once its done of course... :popcorn:

This looks nice, make a vid asap. Once its done of course... :popcorn:

He already has a vid up if you would have looked on the paige before this one.

DC Power Engineering - Welcome

Call them ask for rob and tell him Coleman Thedinger sent you and he will hook you up!

My dc power alt has never let me down.

thanks man ill give them a call and see what they can do for me... :drink40: cheers

looks very nice so far man!

cant wait to see some vids