Edited by gcs8

can't wait to see the rest.

Well here is a little more of the rest.

Got the head unit mounted today.

This was in the way.

Picture434-1.jpg

But not for long.

Picture435.jpg

This was a bit tricky. I made a few brackets to make sure the unit is held properly. I'm sick of using shit plastic adapters that look like shit and just end up breaking.

Picture442.jpg

The bottom bar spreads the load over a large surface to keep the dash from cracking.

Picture444.jpg

Just need to make a trim piece to fill the gap now.

Picture441-1.jpg

now that is the best and strongest h/u install i have seen in awhile!! props!! you do awesome work!

now that is the best and strongest h/u install i have seen in awhile!! props!! you do awesome work!

It has to be strong. I'm rebuilding the hydraulic set up next and it will be able to hop the front end fairly high and I don't want the unit falling out.

Nice mod on the hu install! Hydralics can be rough. :drink40:

Very nice work.

Nice mod on the hu install! Hydralics can be rough. :drink40:

Yes they can.

Very nice work.

Thanks.

Finally got the trim piece done. I'm pleased with it now it looks like it belongs there.

Picture452-1.jpg

Picture453-1.jpg

Picture451-1.jpg

Now I need to get the amp locations sorted out.

I have been tied up lately but managed to get back on this today. I had to plan out the hydraulic set up and racks first to determine where the rest of the audio gear would fit.

The batteries for the sounds will share the rack with the hydraulic set up. I'm going to use 3 Kinetik 1800s.

Picture477-1.jpg

Picture478-1.jpg

Now I can get busy making the amp rack for these.

Picture481-2.jpg

DAMN, you've been busy. The door pods came out sweet, THe HU install looks dope, and now the amp rack is gonna be sickly I can already tell!!:D

I can't wait to see how you fit everything!!

:drink40:

DAMN, you've been busy. The door pods came out sweet, THe HU install looks dope, and now the amp rack is gonna be sickly I can already tell!!:D

I can't wait to see how you fit everything!!

Thanks. This build is definetly getting complex. There is going to be a total of 19 batteries (3 for audio and 16 for the hydraulics) ,4 hydraulic pumps, 2 amps, 4 12" subs, and enough cable and hoses to power a small village. It will be a very tight fit but will be super clean and organized.

I almost finished the amp rack. Just need to modify a couple things but it's close.

I finished welding the tray to the subframe then moved onto the hold down.

Picture483-1.jpg

Just showing off here.

Picture482-1.jpg

Welded a 1/2" stover nut onto the tie down bracket which I failed to take pics of.

Picture485.jpg

Hold down/amp rack top side

Picture488.jpg

Under side.

Picture486.jpg

Bolted on.

Picture489.jpg

I still need to drill and tap the frame for bolting the amps down but here is the layout.

Picture491-1.jpg

Very nice!

You are 1 mad fabricator.:fing34:

Keep up the great work!

Intense Mods, can't wait to see it come together!

you might need a longer screw for those amps.. LMAO jk! but that looks awesome and extremely strong!!

you might need a longer screw for those amps.. LMAO jk! but that looks awesome and extremely strong!!

They are just some left over fasteners from another job. I'll trim them down flush once I'm done. I may put a piece of 1/8" aluminum plate under the amps for piece of mind. I don't like the amps being that close to the batteries in case of a freak meltdown. Strength is very important this ride will see lots of abuse when it's done and I don't want shit coming apart.

I mounted the breakers today in the same manner as the amps.

This will be the main power from the alternator.

Picture499.jpg

Picture501-1.jpg

These will be for the amps.

Picture498-1.jpg

Picture500.jpg

Edited by outhopu

very cool you do nice work!! but why did you choose to go with fuse breakers? i know both sides of the argument but why did you choose them?

very cool you do nice work!! but why did you choose to go with fuse breakers? i know both sides of the argument but why did you choose them?

Cost mainly. Plus I liked the idea of not having to keep fuses on hand. I've never used the breakers before so I'm not sure how they are going to work out. I fixed the pics on the last page also, I loaded them wrong. Thanks for the compliments as well. I really want this thing to turn out nice.

Well this weekend sucked. After doing some more mock up of the hydraulics I discovered the rear cylinders were going to hit the outside subs. So out came the baffle board and into the trash it went.

The new layout.

Picture504-1.jpg

I still need to cut the holes for these subs.

Picture511.jpg

Put the rack back in the trunk and mocked up the amps to check for clearance on the subs. I don't feel like going for a 3rd attempt on this.

Picture508.jpg

Picture507-1.jpg

It sucks that I had to rework this but at least I've come up with a design that will be easier to install and get sealed up when it's done.

Everything is lookin' super tight, literally!!!

Your patience will show in the final product. Keep up the great work. :fing34:

The new layout.

Picture504-1.jpg

I like the trim around the subs gives attention were it's needed on that back deck.