CadillacMatt

Team IAK demo song

Hey gents,

Chop had approached me a while ago about making a demo track for you guys... I'm always down to take on new projects, and the purpose of this thread is to get some ideas from all of you on how you want this track to turn out. It will most definitely be bass heavy, with a grab bag of frequencies to satisfy any tuning you guys might have. I want it to showcase not just the lows, but the mids and highs as well.

Below is a link to some of the beats I've made in the past, if you like any particular style or what not give a shout out, like I said this is from the ground up and entirely up to you guys so let's get some ideas flowin'!! :slayer:

Chop you had mentioned that it would be cool to give a shout out to everyone in the track, if so, I would need to know your names/nicknames/aliases/ninja identities! For some reason I keep hearing the Mortal Kombat theme where the fighter's names are shouted out one by one... lol that would be cool :santa:

>>>C.A.P. Music Page<<<

Right on bro! I don't have time right now at the moment but I'll give a listen in the next couple days and think about some ideas. Thanks for being willing to hook us up :drink40:

Hey, thanks for the post bro!

you have the general idea of what i was thinking....

i like the shout out section with the mortal combat theme....perhaps seperate from the demo song though....

the multiple bass frequencies is going to be sweet...

definetly want the mids and highs to be show cased as well.

hey fellas, take a listen to what he has already done, definetly good talent and taste.

thanks a million ,

chop

Started working on one idea today, just to see where it takes me... it's sounds more along the lines of the old school bass songs circa early 90's (Bass I love you, 1,2,3,4,5,6 Bass anyone?) but would you guys prefer something like that, or something that sounds more modern along the lines of rap/hip-hop?

the first part of Already Faded is on point with what i like...... what is the term used for this sort of style / song intro.....

the building bass line in there is a must have too.

the rest of the song is brillant, just alot faster than what i am looking for

i am willing to bet that whatever you do create, it will be top notch....

i look forward to just a taste of what direction you will be going with this....

chop

They were pretty good. Now is Class Act you? And also what program do you use? Kinda reminded me of Fruity Loops! I used to use that for a while.

Class Act Productions is the branding I give all of my production services, from beat creation, to recording, mixing, etc. etc.

Yes I use FL Studio stuck with it all the way from version 3 up to 9 now :) Most of the tracks listed on that soundclick account are some of my earlier endeavors... the more "complex" ones I guess you could say are more recent lol

OK, well I kinda made this little demo in bout an hour before I read your post chop... it's more of a fast paced track & if someone could give it a listen in the car I would appreciate it (even if you guys want to go in another direction with this, I just want to make sure the bass levels aren't too loud for whatever track I do... using studio monitors but they're nothing compared to actual subwoofers ;))

Here is the link

I have some more music on my MySpace page and the CAP MySpace page as well, finished songs that is

Chop: Which part of the song were you referring to? The intro with Katt Williams or when I came in?

Edited by CadillacMatt

I like most of what I've listened to on your site. Nice talent. I do like the old school stuff with clean clear bass notes followed and tied together with highs.

I like most of what I've listened to on your site. Nice talent. I do like the old school stuff with clean clear bass notes followed and tied together with highs.

Thanks man I really appreciate the kind words. The demo track I linked to above has the fast high-to-low bass kicks like old Beat Dominator or Bassotronics stuff, they're just really hard to hear on regular speakers... The constant bassline you hear throughout the song is mainly just for fill, honestly if it intrudes into the subwoofer range I want to reduce the volume and EQ shape it a bit so the low end is purely dedicated to the kicks. If all that makes any sense. lol!

Edited by CadillacMatt

I liked Texas and I Swang. Pretty good stuff man.

If you are talkin old school, Ive always LOVED DJ Magic Mike! Im sure youve heard of him before. The best one album was the cartoon image of him scratchin on a table. Dont remember the name but it was sick. Lower the Dynamite was the hot track. Anything like that?

If you are talkin old school, Ive always LOVED DJ Magic Mike! Im sure youve heard of him before. The best one album was the cartoon image of him scratchin on a table. Dont remember the name but it was sick. Lower the Dynamite was the hot track. Anything like that?

You mean Bass is the Name of the Game? :)

Chop: Which part of the song were you referring to? The intro with Katt Williams or when I came in?

yeah the part with Kat Williams, also the first part of the IAK Oldskool, i like this sort of approach.....

definetly like hearing IAK in there, perhaps several times within the finished song....

this was not too fast pace for me, however it might of slowed down after :36 quite a bit, rather it stay a little more upbeat through out.

i bet i have done demo's of your different styles a dozen times in the past 2 days, showing the family and some friends all of this.

i am very excited about it. I can se you are very capable, it is just a mtter of me catching up to speed, in order to know what

terminology to use, lol......

i see the reerance to old school popping up, that is some cool stuff, i would imagine the other half of my crew, who has not been able to respond yet,

would want a newer approach. lol. most of thier music is ganster, street.....not sure what to call it, lol

we, really appreciate this!

chop

yeah the part with Kat Williams, also the first part of the IAK Oldskool, i like this sort of approach.....

definetly like hearing IAK in there, perhaps several times within the finished song....

this was not too fast pace for me, however it might of slowed down after :36 quite a bit, rather it stay a little more upbeat through out.

i bet i have done demo's of your different styles a dozen times in the past 2 days, showing the family and some friends all of this.

i am very excited about it. I can se you are very capable, it is just a mtter of me catching up to speed, in order to know what

terminology to use, lol......

i see the reerance to old school popping up, that is some cool stuff, i would imagine the other half of my crew, who has not been able to respond yet,

would want a newer approach. lol. most of thier music is ganster, street.....not sure what to call it, lol

we, really appreciate this!

chop

Heh that's one of my problems sometimes I can get carried away and get really eccentric I guess you would call it, lol... that last part with the strings was kind of a spur of the moment thing. But never fear we will get this put together! A quick overview of new school vs. old school styles as I see it... your opinion may vary ;)

With the old school bass mixes... I find that the percussion is a lot more complex and plays a much bigger role in the music... the tracks tend to be dynamic; always changing samples, synths and instruments keeping you on your toes. Stuff like bigrank mentioned (

).

A new school street sound might be quite a bit slower, feature less instruments and keep the flow of the song much more guided and predictable... not necessarily any better or worse after all it's a completely different sound. Comparing the two head to head is apples to oranges. A faster example of this would be Timbaland's Elevator (the instrumental I used in Already Faded) but more often than not it's the sound something like this (

... which I must mention is the loudest song I have besides straight test tones... lol!)

WOW..... That track is great. Can't wait to hear the finished product. I'm no artist or musician so I can't come up with any critiques or suggestions. Except keep it rollin', it sounds great. BTW, damn ITunes. I went to download the reference songs you guys were mentioning so I could hear and understand what you were talking about and they had that song by DJ Magic Mike, and lots of other songs by Kia Shine, but not In The South. Bastards do that to me all the time. /rant

You mean Bass is the Name of the Game? :)

Yup, yup. Thats the one main! :drink40:

Heh that's one of my problems sometimes I can get carried away and get really eccentric I guess you would call it, lol... that last part with the strings was kind of a spur of the moment thing. But never fear we will get this put together! A quick overview of new school vs. old school styles as I see it... your opinion may vary ;)

With the old school bass mixes... I find that the percussion is a lot more complex and plays a much bigger role in the music... the tracks tend to be dynamic; always changing samples, synths and instruments keeping you on your toes. Stuff like bigrank mentioned (

).

A new school street sound might be quite a bit slower, feature less instruments and keep the flow of the song much more guided and predictable... not necessarily any better or worse after all it's a completely different sound. Comparing the two head to head is apples to oranges. A faster example of this would be Timbaland's Elevator (the instrumental I used in Already Faded) but more often than not it's the sound something like this (

... which I must mention is the loudest song I have besides straight test tones... lol!)

I love both of these styles. I grew up listening to Magic Mike but have developed quite a taste for the new school styles like Kia Shine. Its really hard to choose between one and another though. :trippy:

OK... was just messin around and came up with this new idea kinda the equivalent of scribbles on a notepad right now. I don't know what it is but I've been making "dark" beats lately, with organs and choirs and stuff like that let me know what you guys think or if you would prefer something a little more upbeat?

OK... was just messin around and came up with this new idea kinda the equivalent of scribbles on a notepad right now. I don't know what it is but I've been making "dark" beats lately, with organs and choirs and stuff like that let me know what you guys think or if you would prefer something a little more upbeat?

I like where you are going here Matt. The sounds are great. Can you drop the rhythem on like a chorus type part for a few then pick it back up again?

I like where you are going here Matt. The sounds are great. Can you drop the rhythem on like a chorus type part for a few then pick it back up again?

x2, damn sure like that one.

The texas beat reminds me of Hop Sing from the TV series Gunsmoke.

was sounding really good, but my stereo receiver that the pc runs through just went into protect.

what bad timing....!!!!

you are on some good stuff bro.....

looks like we will have a album up soon, lol

gotta get back outside to do some more work, i will hollar at you in a while....

thanks bro!

chop

but my stereo receiver that the pc runs through just went into protect.

Probably too much bass for it to handle lol!! :ohnoes9: