sandsnip3r

2 saz-4500

I personally think you will only need one but it all depends on the options you get with the sub, enclosure and other things. You can get them and watch you gains/the way you control the volume knob (just be careful). The question is do they need it no, but no problem with headroom if you need that much. Why not two SAZ-2500D's or SAZ-3500D's?

Yes, the subs are only rated to handle 1000 watts RMS each.

jay-cee, they will be "fully loaded" BLs in a ported box, 15-17 cubes.

2 2500's would seem like it would be giving the subs sufficient power to be loud but still have room for more, and I do like the idea of 2 3500's but the 4500's aren't too much of a price difference to make that extra step and just run them at a lower gain setting, perhaps running them cooler, and completely avoid any possibilities of clipping.

Yes, the subs are only rated to handle 1000 watts RMS each.

Simply the reason I ask such an obvious question is that I have heard/seen that Fi's subs(at least the BTL[fully loaded]) are capable of comfortably taking more than than they are rated for. Even 200% of rated RMS...

Thankyou for the help guys, I am just trying to learn all i can!

When people ask if a driver can handle more power then they are rated for it comes to a certain quote that is "if you have to ask then no they won't". In the right hands the drivers may be able to handle the extra power but in a novices hands they will fry in 2 seconds. Besides the fact that putting more power then the woofer is rated for to use daily is silly, you aren't going to get any more noticeable performance to the ear but only noticeable if you measure it on a mic.

When people ask if a driver can handle more power then they are rated for it comes to a certain quote that is "if you have to ask then no they won't". In the right hands the drivers may be able to handle the extra power but in a novices hands they will fry in 2 seconds. Besides the fact that putting more power then the woofer is rated for to use daily is silly, you aren't going to get any more noticeable performance to the ear but only noticeable if you measure it on a mic.

x2, with that much power you minus well run 4 BTL's.

With a good electrical system backing it up I dont see why not.

With a good electrical system backing it up I dont see why not.

good electrical system... H.O. alt and ~3 deep cycles(including the one under the hood)?

Would that work?

i think if u get a 300 amp alt, and 3 big batts for the back, u should be fine..make sure u get a voltage meter, just so u know for sure. and with all this money in the setup, might wanna get a o-scope or at least find somebody who has one just to make sure ur not clipping.

i think if u get a 300 amp alt, and 3 big batts for the back, u should be fine..make sure u get a voltage meter, just so u know for sure. and with all this money in the setup, might wanna get a o-scope or at least find somebody who has one just to make sure ur not clipping.

Okay, cool, sounds like it'll be great!

Thanks for the help

i have a 4500 and a 3500. to me the 3500 has a better cleaner sound. it seems to me that the 4500 is more spl only the 3500 is for me. im actually thinking of trying to trade the 4500 for another 3500