musiclife062000

Need help w/ amp cut off

So I have a 15 FI BL and 1200 watt Hifonics amp, when i turn my bass knob (volume) up to high my amp goes protect. I know it's not an amp problem because my friend had the this system for a while in his car and it didn't have this problem. But anyway i've rewired, and adjusted the amp many times and i'm clueless. any ideas? please help me out.

Check your connections and wiring. What are your settings on the amp (take a picture if you can) and headunit?

Check what you have the sub(s) wired to.

Where is the amp grounded and how?

What is your electrical?

Check your connections and wiring. What are your settings on the amp (take a picture if you can) and headunit?

I usually keep the settings on amp at Level - (75% up), Phase, Sub Sonic, and Low Pass all centered, and bass EQ all the way down.

My head unit is Alpine CDA-105.

I've ran new speaker wire and channel wire very carefully. My battery wire and ground wire worked on my last set up. Could those be the problem?

Edited by KevoHonda

What does your electrical system consist of? Might be low voltage. Did you just arbitrarily center all of the knobs?

so.. i've fixed the problem and it was the last thing i would think of. It was a loose connector behind the sub. It was touching the sub's frame and shorting out :ehh: so yeah lol. thanks for the help though guys.