BanginGMC

BanginGMC's Build Log | The Rebuild

You don't know captain overboard until you've met me in person, doesn't mean that I'd ever cover a panel with deadener again. MLV for sure, but deadener, NO WAY.

Ok I had never seen it done that way. Most of the logs I've seen done the whole truck was covered in several layers of sound deadener. You just saved me quite a bit of money. Thank you.

I noticed on your doors and other panels besides the roof you had just a few tiles spread out. How effective was it using the sound deadener like that instead of completely covering the whole panel?

It's dumb to cover the whole panel in dampener, 25% coverage is all that's needed.

see i understand the 25% idea but at the same time i am one of those people who go overboard on everything. i sound deadened my whole truck (minus roof, i ran out) ensolite and MLV. i really enjoy it for when i turn the radio off and have a phone call like i'm in a sound proof chamber.

still waiting to see how the AA mids turn out

That's the MLV right there, that you DO want to go overboard with

Going to have a fat octave gap right in the vocal range with that setup. A single pair of the tweets should also have more output than 4 pairs of the AA mids when used in its appropriate frequency range *assuming Selenium's specs aren't crap*

Yeah, I decided i'm not going with the super tweeters anymore.. I didn't want to take the chance of them sounding like shit.. oh well, they weren't a lot of money anyway.

That's going to be some front stage. Have you thought about running waveguides/horns like the kind Image Dynamics sells?

That's going to be some front stage. Have you thought about running waveguides/horns like the kind Image Dynamics sells?

Yeah I thought about it, don't want too though. I personally would rather go this route. ;)

My new tweeters came in, I'm out of state again though for work related reasons.. I'll be home in a few weeks to post pictures.

Badass install man, i just spent like an hour from page 1 till here, and enjoyed it all, im loving those subs, can u get me a job layin turf, shit man u gotta be rich, buy this, buy that, whatever u want!!!!! damn im jealous, i love your truck too really makes me miss my 1991 GMC Syclone, i loved that truck to death, but i only had 2 10's in it haha, anyways mad props, my pants are still wet from seeing that Sick Argent box, i cant wait for mine coming soon, keep up the great work

I know this is the busy season for ya Bangin but where are the updated pics man? Tuned in :popcorn:

Nice build... Even Doe you a detroiter, after see the pic of u with tuffguy... I now know I will never see build face to face... :-(

so whats going on here? are the mids finally going in?

so whats going on here? are the mids finally going in?

There is a lot of things going on.

Whole new front end, rear end gear being changed to a higher gear, front stage being complete, truck being bagged, and most likely a whole different install with a lot more power compared to what I have now.

Stay tuned!

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

:slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

:foshizzle: :foshizzle: :foshizzle:

:bow28:

Sounds badass!!!!

Oh, I almost forgot! There is going to be a GRIP load of more batteries once they are in stock and a lot more goodies, i'll leak info when the time comes.

This truck is going to wake the fuck UP!

those AA mids are fawking sexy.

They're going to look even better installed ;)

Engine swap? slap a v8 to that thing! And Exhaust!

:popcorn:

Planning on it after I finish everything

No loud exhaust though

V8s in those trucks are just plain cool !!!

I agree! Hmm...a 350 with gear drive is my favorite engine sound :)

V8 swap

Planning on it after I finish everything No loud exhaust though

That's right!!!! Takes away from the audio!!