BanginGMC

BanginGMC's Build Log | The Rebuild

A turbo 4.3 would be even better imo.

:woot: can't wait to watch more progress!

Engine swap? slap a v8 to that thing! And Exhaust!

V8 swap

Planning on it after I finish everything No loud exhaust though

That's right!!!! Takes away from the audio!!

Thanks for the link!

A Turbo 4.3 could be fun as well ;) lol

The front end is done! I'm going to take a few pictures when I get to the truck. Next thing is the front stage & rear end gear.

As some know my truck was broken into and everything but a bruised up box and frayed wire was stolen. The shop that it was at treated the truck like SHIT, there was over spray ALLLLL over along with scratches, scuffs, dents, popped tire, parts missing.. it was a fucking nightmare.

All that is over now, and it's time to rebuild and restore.

Cell phone pictures*

I started with gutting the truck and vacuuming the carpet.

1319165136695.jpg

1319165140801.jpg

Then I took a clay bar to the paint and got the green over spray off.

1319165147356.jpg

Then continued on detailing the truck with my father, he owned a couple detailing shops for 30+ years.

1319165162970.jpg

1319165165505.jpg

It came out pretty well too.

1319165230668.jpg

1319165232672.jpg

1319165234505.jpg

1319165237445.jpg

Then I started to redo my door panels.

1319165149136.jpg

1319165153162.jpg

1319165155040.jpg

1319167464418.jpg

Here is the equipment I have for the new front stage.

SAX 100.4, SAX 125.2, Seas Prestige tweeters, Pioneer AVH-P5200BT, AA 7" Carbon Fiber Mids.

1319167467306.jpg

1319167469684.jpg

1319165160528.jpg

1319167472200.jpg

1319167474438.jpg

Stay Tuned for More!!

Glad you're still building. Good luck with everything, hope something comes along in your favor sometime soon.

looking good man. shitty to hear about the crap shop but at least you're not letting it keep you down

Seeing the truck like that hurt so I'm trying to recover fast. As soon as I seen it ripped apart I wanted to start putting it back together.

Sucked to see about the break in, but glad to see you moving along with the rebuild on this. Bring her back even nastier!!

Damn you got new components quick! Looking forward to your build. If you don't mind me asking, why did you ever take it to the shop? It seems like you have the skill to do it all yourself.

Damn you got new components quick! Looking forward to your build. If you don't mind me asking, why did you ever take it to the shop? It seems like you have the skill to do it all yourself.

good question !

Keep it up bro! I know once is done, you will feel better and this will probably be better as you will fix any mistake you made before (if any).

Tuned :popcorn:

No doubt this build is gonna be nasty, tuned in!! Thumbs up for getting right back into it so quick!! :fing34:

So what all did they steal. Just the subs and 3500d? Seems like that's all the same front stage you already had.

So what all did they steal. Just the subs and 3500d? Seems like that's all the same front stage you already had.

Same thing I was thinking, what you said along with the radio.

I thought he had 2 3.5k, they got some AA mids as well maybe his tweets.

I like your use of "just" haha

They stole my 3500s, 100.4, Smds, aa mids, alpine head unit, d3100s, 4 gauge power wire, inline fuse holders with 300a fuse, and I believe thats it

oh so those are the boxes from the old AA carbons. seemed too fast to order, ship, recieve new ones.

oh so those are the boxes from the old AA carbons. seemed too fast to order, ship, recieve new ones.

I had 8 AA mids all together. 4 were in the truck when it was broken into. I had a 100.4 & 125.2 in the mail, they arrived days after the break in.

well good luck on the rebuild.

The 16$ special from Wal-mart :)

1319231865359.jpg

My girl is selling her car so I went out last night and removed the system for her and she let me have her power wire sense they stole mine, she also gave me a set of RCAs.

1319231867889.jpg

My boy Justin (SuicideKing602) got me a wiring harness for my truck, so today i'm going to roll over to the shop n grab that up. Once I have that I can start installing this head unit, it'll be my first flip out so i'm pretty excited to see how it works out.

I didn't have to spare time to build the doors myself with work coming up. The first time I bring my truck to a shop to get something done everything gets jacked... :suicide-santa:

Oh well though.. no sense dwelling on the past. I'm just waiting for the day I go to a show and see my equipment, it's a wrap. I'm taking the whole car lol

I've been thinking.. and my goal with the substage is to break 160db or my windshield, whatever comes first.

16v electrical, 4 15s walled off, 15-20k.

I've been thinking.. and my goal with the substage is to break 160db or my windshield, whatever comes first.

16v electrical, 4 15s walled off, 15-20k.

Sounds like fun, and I would love to hear it.