BanginGMC

BanginGMC's Build Log | The Rebuild

That's cool with me man. I'm in Peoria

Nice not too far at all.

I've been thinking.. and my goal with the substage is to break 160db or my windshield, whatever comes first.

16v electrical, 4 15s walled off, 15-20k.

Sounds like a damn good goal bro. If given at least a few days notice I'd be glad to come up and help out on weekends as requested.

J

Damn you got new components quick! Looking forward to your build. If you don't mind me asking, why did you ever take it to the shop? It seems like you have the skill to do it all yourself.

I didn't have to spare time to build the doors myself with work coming up. The first time I bring my truck to a shop to get something done everything gets jacked... :suicide-santa:

Oh well though.. no sense dwelling on the past. I'm just waiting for the day I go to a show and see my equipment, it's a wrap. I'm taking the whole car lol

I hear you bro. That's the same reason I had a shop build my current box and what a mistake that was. Like they say, if you want it done right, you gotta do it yourself.

I'm going to try and get the wall done within this week. It's going to be fucking sick.

I'm going to try and get the wall done within this week. It's going to be pucking sick.

TEAM AMERICA F YA!

12v > 16v

Why do you say that?

12v batteries are much stronger.

Why? Are they designed with more reserve capacity since they'll be supplying more amperage to make the same power as a 16v battery with less amperage?

12v batteries are much stronger.

Why? Are they designed with more reserve capacity since they'll be supplying more amperage to make the same power as a 16v battery with less amperage?

Correct, You will need many more batteries to compensate, I have a few friends who are running an 16v system and they're turning back to a 12v system because even with their huge reserve, they're still dropping into the low 12's.

Granted they are running on average around 15k+. Even with a 16v system you still drop down low, and that's when amperage is going to matter. To make the same amount of power you'll need more amperage, but with higher voltage you need less? Well.. Correct, but what happens when you drop down below 16v? Well you'e going to need more amperage, when in comparison a 12v battery has nearly double the reserve capacity as a 16v battery.

So in short, 12v system is much more practical, easier to deal with, and you don't need to do any "extra" (subjective) work to your electrical. Because as you may know you'll need either a stepdown module for your engine even possibly for your mids/highs alternator or a dual alternator setup just to charge your 16v system.

An alternative setup would be to run 12v batteries and 4v batteries to make a 16v load then charge when not competing using a normal charging system...

BUT that's just me.

I haven't got time to start the wall yet, have had some family emergencies. Today i'm crunching down to knock a big part of my front stage done. I only have a couple hours a day to work on things.

I've had a lot of bad luck with dash kits, I've already tried 3 and the either were missing the trim panel, trim panel didn't fit, or nothing fit. As of now, I have a dash kit in without the trim piece.

So I scratched the RCAs my girl let me use and got some JL ones. They're better then the Kicker, but not my Stinger ones.

1320010628489.jpg

1320010632853.jpg

I also got some Stinger wiring, this shit is legit. Even though, I've decided to go with 8 gauge for speaker wire.

1320010637533.jpg

1320010639753.jpg

I've made a false floor as well, something the amps can rest on until the wall is built.

I ended up using a much wider piece of wood.

1320010635268.jpg

1320010641604.jpg

In this picture you can see where the assholes ripped my carpet.

Template for mounting rings.

1320010647956.jpg

Finally found a good application for Optima batts. ;)

1320011145504.jpg

A couple random pictures of the truck.

1320011141379.jpg

1320011139101.jpg

Something to keep the motivation going. Planning on getting these every show.

1320011143337.jpg

Waiting for the glue to dry for these mounting rings then moving onto carpeting and installing.

I am anxious to see where this goes! :popcorn:

I also got some Stinger wiring, this shit is legit. Even though, I've decided to go with 8 gauge for speaker wire.

1320010637533.jpg

Used the same wire through-out the build on my son's install...Love working with this wire, and it looks sweet. To bad so much of it is hidden. Used 8 ga. for the sub as well.

You do have a great lookin truck, glad your working intensly to put it back together!

She's coming along really well man. Can't wait to see the finished product!!!!

J

Sounds good man!!!! Can't wait to see how she finishes.

J

This is a rough stage without the tweeters installed. I need to adjust tuning a little more and add some filler pieces to the carpet.

gunna be nasty again SON cant waittt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!