BanginGMC

BanginGMC's Build Log | The Rebuild

Are you talking about in the stock carpet behind the door handle?

Yes, on the carpet. I would atleast give it a listen, If it sounds the best then who cares where they are at. Right?

That close to you will require you to move the jumpers down to like -6 or -7 on the crossover before they will sound good. I listen after i move the jumper, If the tweeter is still to loud, move it again, once you hear the 6.5's over the tweeters move the jumper back up +1 until you find the sweet spot and call it good. trink40.gif

Moving them around before deciding on were to mount them sounds like a great idea! Always got lost in trying to keep the components together should've saved money and bought coaxials :(. Try it now before you cut holes. Just suggesting...

Tomorrow should be the day im done with my front stage :drink40:

I leave ya with this picture though

13514476.jpg

Edited by BanginGMC

How the mids are resting in the panel looks really clean!! :fing34:

Thanks man, it was a pain in the ass, so many relief cuts.. :ohnoes9: but thank god you cannot see the seams. :fing34:

I won't be able to go this route when i get two more sets, i'll have to fiberglass the whole door, should be fun lol

Installed and wired everything, did some tuning and.. WOW!!! It's amazing, its triple C no doubt! (crisp, clean, clear)

I turned it on while my truck was in my garage, put the volume to about 25 then walked across the street into their garage and it sounded like they had a stereo playing inside his garage. Joey said he thought the dogs barking were real (DMX CD playing)

Tomorrow i'm going to clean the install up, i was rushing to get everything done before 7. The dash is were the tweeters are located, i'm going get 2 thin pieces of wood and fit it into were the dash speakers were located, then cut holes for each pair of tweeters, black suede for the finish to match the rest of the truck. Should be pretty clean.

I'm going to take videos tomorrow.

Sounds good man!! Glad you were able to finish the install so quickly!

Yeah, it feel nice to be this far into the front stage.

HUUUGE props go out to j-roadtatts! He helped me a lot.

Yeah, it feel nice to be this far into the front stage.

HUUUGE props go out to j-roadtatts! He helped me a lot.

Hey thats me!!!

Thats definetly the longest PM I have ever had, glad I could help.trink40.gif

Installed and wired everything, did some tuning and.. WOW!!! It's amazing, its triple C no doubt! (crisp, clean, clear)

I turned it on while my truck was in my garage, put the volume to about 25 then walked across the street into their garage and it sounded like they had a stereo playing inside his garage. Joey said he thought the dogs barking were real (DMX CD playing)

Tomorrow i'm going to clean the install up, i was rushing to get everything done before 7. The dash is were the tweeters are located, i'm going get 2 thin pieces of wood and fit it into were the dash speakers were located, then cut holes for each pair of tweeters, black suede for the finish to match the rest of the truck. Should be pretty clean.

Are the tweeters going to be mounted flat in the dash, reflecting off the windshield? You should be happy with the staging, the tweeters that high will definetly bring the stage up nicely and put it right in front of you. I want to say I had the jumpers set to "0" with the tweeters in factory dash location and ALL drivers wired "in phase" with each other.

LOoking gOod brOther.trink40.gif

Are the tweeters going to be mounted flat in the dash, reflecting off the windshield? You should be happy with the staging, the tweeters that high will definetly bring the stage up nicely and put it right in front of you. I want to say I had the jumpers set to "0" with the tweeters in factory dash location and ALL drivers wired "in phase" with each other.

LOoking gOod brOther.trink40.gif

Yeah, the staging is great, i was driving around and the dash is my favorite spot, with the tweeters flat in the dash, but faced towards me (cause of the swivel) The tweeters are at 0 and i'm surprised how crisp it is :) i recorded a video,

Uploading it now. :drink40:

My main video is still uploading BUT this is a conversation between myself and the neighbor that lives across the street upstairs after i recorded my video of my system playing (4* 6.5s / 4* tweets) in my garage. **with her windows shut**

Edited by BanginGMC

Heres the main video! :D

EDIT: camera was dying, so the picture isn't that amazing.

Edited by BanginGMC

Are the pairs in each door enough or are you going for another pair? Seems like it is what you are after, I like how loud and clear it is.

Sounds like you are HAPPY with the results.biggrin.gif

You got a tON of dash to work with in that truck. Definetly the best path lenghts with the tweeters on the dash, Besides putting them in the kicks, plus so much better staging up high on the dash.smile.gif

Keep up the killer work brother.

Are the pairs in each door enough or are you going for another pair? Seems like it is what you are after, I like how loud and clear it is.

Thanks man :)

It is enough, i am really happy with them.. but, that doesn't mean i wont get two more pairs :drink40:

I have a big job coming up, this high school in New Mexico wants a Baseball field put in one hundred twenty thousand square feet SO that means $$$$$ for :dj:

Sounds like you are HAPPY with the results.biggrin.gif

You got a tON of dash to work with in that truck. Definetly the best path lenghts with the tweeters on the dash, Besides putting them in the kicks, plus so much better staging up high on the dash.smile.gif

Keep up the killer work brother.

Yes i doooo! haha i was rushin to get everything in, i think there is one screw in my whole head unit area :lol:

I'm going to be working on the tweeter fabrication this week, i'm free until next Thursday so that will give me lots of time. It should only take a few hours to cut and suede them. i also need an idea of an amp "box" because the amp is sitting under the jumper seat.. so it wouldn't get kicked by all the dumb ass people that don't know what an amp is and think its a welcome mat.. SO it'll be a box with some fans.

Oh and the voltage is golden! :D :D :D

Looks and sounds great! Keep up the great work!

Lookin' good! :popcorn:

Sounds good. Makes me want to get a PDX amp for my truck for my type r components. Just out of curiosity how much did you pay for them a pair. :peepwall:

IF this is a frame and body vehichle you will want to ground the second batt to the floor and ALSO put a short wire under the body hooked to the same bolt and the frame. SO sandwich the body with the ground bolt, make sense? Your big3 should ALSO include a forth wire grounded to the frame from the engine block/alternator mount.

Why would you want to "sandwich" the ground to the body instead of just running it to the frame instead?

IF this is a frame and body vehichle you will want to ground the second batt to the floor and ALSO put a short wire under the body hooked to the same bolt and the frame. SO sandwich the body with the ground bolt, make sense? Your big3 should ALSO include a forth wire grounded to the frame from the engine block/alternator mount.

Why would you want to "sandwich" the ground to the body instead of just running it to the frame instead?

If you are running a wire through a hole in the floor to the frame you don't need to sandwich the body. I do see ALOT of people on the other hand only grounding thier AMP or second battery to the floor OR my favorite the seat bolt, SO to those people I would recommend thier body is grounded to the frame.

ANY body and frame vehicle could stand to have a few extra grounds at different points on the body, and will usauly even make the exterior lights brighter.i.e. tail lights, blinkers, head lights, brake lights, running lights.trink40.gif

Also Just another way to run ground wires through the body and ground the body at the same time, killing two birds with one stone you could say. AN easier way to run a ground wire through the floor without drilling such a big hole, no gromet needed, no water or road noise coming through the hole.

My orginal statement should of read "if you ground to the body", thanks for the clarification, Deernet.trink40.gif