Sign in to follow this  
I8apony19

New LOW'S SETUP

Alright...now that I have the accuracy/SQ of the system all set (Sealed pair of Magnums), I'd like to find something that really exaggerates the low end....I'm looking for an Fs lower than 26hz with a box requirement that doesn't exceed 4 cubes in a ported alignment...It can take lots of power if need be (up to 2200w) so long as it is a DVC2 woofer....I'm looking for either 2 12's, 1 15, 2 15's, or 1 18 to acheive this...without going over the $350 mark..

Trying to get a really low F3 (low 20's)

So far my list is:

2 HC15's

1 HC18

1 Brahma 15

Anyone else have any suggestions??

:lol:

I love how this site is like magnum oriented, it's like

RE is second, and ED isn't even on here anywhere :P:+1:

of that list, I vote one brahma 15

but I have heard awsome things about the new COMPx2 Crystal, there is also the Orion H2, which seems to be a little biased for really low end stuff

I remember i was enfactuated with the H2 for a minute but i didn't have 500 to blow on 1 sub :(

but I have heard awsome things about the new COMPx2 Crystal, there is also the Orion H2, which seems to be a little biased for really low end stuff

Yeah..I'm leaning towards the Brahma as I really liked the one I have heard (3.5 tuned to 27hz)...

The CMPx2 15 has all that I want...but I can't find it ANYWHERE...

The Orion H2's Q looks unbelievably high....what should I make of this?? And it's Fs isn't anything to brag about in an LFE setup...

Yeah..I'm leaning towards the Brahma as I really liked the one I have heard (3.5 tuned to 27hz)...

The CMPx2 15 has all that I want...but I can't find it ANYWHERE...

The Orion H2's Q looks unbelievably high....what should I make of this?? And it's Fs isn't anything to brag about in an LFE setup...

if your interested I know a guy in the mid west that is a rep for Crystal, I am not sure if he in the mid west, I cant remember, but anyway, the CMPX2 is the older model, but the new name is the COMPX2 and the CMP is now the COMP, I think my first choice for an all around daily money no factor single sub set up

edit update the mystical Crystal Wraith (super sub) seem that it will not be produced due to the sheer cost of the sub to produce and the market it would be up against is like the Eclipse Ti Pro, Bramha Extreme, and Audiomobile M16 just super high end monsters that are very low in sales volume

Well....I think I just found a pair of HC12's brand new...I have my sources!...and I thought they were all sold out!!!....guess I was wrong...

Think this will make for a good really low end SQ setup?...numbers are NOT a factor here...I just want my ears to bleed uncontrollably...

Box will more than likely be 4 cubes tuned to 25ish or so..again..looking for a somewhat exaggerated low end with a good amount of SQ (not L7 JUNK!!)

Anyone think this is a good bet?

How about compared to the B15?

Each driver will see 1200-1500w..or up to 2200w on the B15 (obviously not in such a low tuned box..but for pure future reference ;) )

Think this will make for a good really low end SQ setup?...numbers are NOT a factor here...I just want my ears to bleed uncontrollably...

that is what the entire mission behind HC's are, so I vote Hella yeah on them

yes, it was sad to see the HCs go....glad i got a couple b4 they all ran out....but from what i hear the SX should be a more than worthy follow up

The Bumpinking has arrived!