Sign in to follow this  
pdubb

enclousure for btl 12

so i've got up to 15 high x 32 wide x 20 deep to build an enclosure for my fi btl 12; it'd be going in the back of my jeep liberty. and im planning on using this sub daily on an alpine m2000 that i just got and the birth sheet says it'll put out 2274 watts, so i'll be playing it at its max. but i also want to start entering the local spl comps and i know the fi site says that 30-35 hz is where it should be and 32 is optimal, but i was wondering what would be the loudest hz for my application?

thanks in advance

stick with around 32 to 35. that sub is a low end monster...make sure u have a good enough electrical system to support that amp.

Go with either 32 or 36 btl's love either I would lean towards 36 if you are planning on competing some

i'm thinking my electrical system will hold up. i've got the big 3, extra battery with 0 g ran to it, and i'll have 0 g goin to the amp. i'm planning on buying a xs or kinetic batt as soon as i get some more money, but this build is killin me, since im just 16 and i go to school and cant work as much

F.Y.I. 2274 watts is definitely not the max of a BTL. so don't worry about that at all

You think you're electrical will hold that much power without any electrical upgrades?

2000W isn't something you should run on stock electrical.

EDIT: btw, 36hz will be the loudest.

Edited by kirill007

You think you're electrical will hold that much power without any electrical upgrades?

2000W isn't something you should run on stock electrical.

EDIT: btw, 36hz will be the loudest.

okay then what should i upgrade on my electrical?

Upgrade the Alternator(atleast 200amps) or add a second alternator.

How much amps is you're alternator?

Do the Big three, there is a thread on ssa about how to do it.

And use 0 guage wire from the front to the back.

well if you read what i said i already have the big 3 and the 0 gauge from the front to back, 2 runs of it.

and honestly i dont know how many amps my alt is. i've tried looking online and in the manual and i cant find it.\

EDIT: it's 136 amp

Edited by pdubb

Don't know if you can pull it off with 136amps, but you could try, just make sure you have something to monitor the voltage.

alright, well once i get it all installed the next thing i'll buy is a alt. any suggestions on those? i know iraggi is used a lot but any others?

I'm planning on using this sub daily on an alpine m2000 that i just got and the birth sheet says it'll put out 2274 watts, so i'll be playing it at its max.

Take a read through this very informative article .... How To: Set your Amplifier Gain - SSA Car Audio Forum

Don't want you clipping your amp and burning up the sub.

thanks, that helped a lot.

could someone send me a 50 hz and 1000 hz test tone?

hey man its good to see im not the only one that has a btl in a jeep...but any way there is no way u can pull it off i tried and my volts went from 14.4 to 11....so i would get a big alt....just my opinion.

hey man its good to see im not the only one that has a btl in a jeep...but any way there is no way u can pull it off i tried and my volts went from 14.4 to 11....so i would get a big alt....just my opinion.

ugh, thanks anyways, even though it's sour news. i might just say screw my amateur level and put a 2 or 3 big kinetics in the back and get a h/0 alt

i put it in the back. this is my old setup.

vxmxc.jpg

slid in perfectly beside it.

and this one is the new box/amp while i was building it yesterday, just barely enough room to squeeze it in the batter is in the same place just behind the box

307wazc.jpg

Edited by pdubb

Sign in to follow this