Sign in to follow this  
southwow

SAZ 1000D sub wiring question

Sorry for such a stupid question, but the owners manual isn't really specific about 1-ohm load with 2 subs.

I have two infinity 100.9's (10" SVC, selectable 2 or ~4 -ohm impedence, obviously set to 2-ohm). I want to run a 1-ohm load on a SAZ 1000D.

My question is, how do I wire them?

Do I wire one to each set of speaker terminals and yield a 1-ohm load or will this yield 2-ohm? This is shown in the 2nd diagram on page 7 of sundown manual.

... or ...

Do I need to wire them in parallel as shown being done with only 1 sub in the top/1st diagram on page 7 of the sundown manual, a method of wiring that I've NEVER seen before on a mono amp?

If this were an old-school HCCA amp, I'd know the answer... with Class D stuff and the sundown brand, I'm not so sure.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by southwow

I think I've answered my own question. The manual is probably describing individual speaker impedence rather than total impedence (hence the 2-ohm minimum). This would mean that the two 'channels' are really just wired in parallel internally, meaning that diagram #2 on page 7 of the manual is the correct way to wire 2 subs in parallel.

you could always go here and get specifics for your sub/load for a second "opinion".

hope that helps :)

I think I've answered my own question. The manual is probably describing individual speaker impedence rather than total impedence (hence the 2-ohm minimum). This would mean that the two 'channels' are really just wired in parallel internally, meaning that diagram #2 on page 7 of the manual is the correct way to wire 2 subs in parallel.

Yeah basically thats what it will do, so select the switch for 2 ohms on each subwoofer and wire each subwoofer to its own terminal. The amp will will drop the load to 1 ohm for you. Hope that helps

Yes just wire both speakers to the + and - terminals on the amp and make sure your impedance is selected to 2 ohm.

Yes just wire both speakers to the + and - terminals on the amp and make sure your impedance is selected to 2 ohm.

Thanks for the help everyone!

I've never seen a sub before with a switch to go between two and four ohm. Are these common? Seems like a pretty novel idea.