Sign in to follow this  
sandsnip3r

1000# club

I made it into the 1000 pound club earlier this year.

The 1000 pound club is when your bench, squat, and deadlift add up to at least 1000 lbs.

I am 17 years old (18 tomorrow) 5'10" 240lbs. 200lbs bench, 355lbs squat, 495lbs deadlift. I have made much improvement this year. I work out only 2-3 days a week at school in weights class. My agility, endurance, and strength have improved far more than i could say that i expected.

give me some roids!

;D

good job dude

i need to work out :/

i am afraid that this summer i am just going to sit around. Lose motivation and not go to the gym. I ought to get a job working at a hardware store's loading dock or something....

Good job dude and keep reaching for you goals, wish I had your gym motivation :fing34:

Congrats man!! That is a nice accomplishment, for someone who is interested in lifting. I know i was never anywhere near getting mine!! I was thinking this was gonna be a thread about 1000W of power!!! HAHA!! But again man congrats, and that is a nice deadlift number! I never could make it over like 350! And now with a busted back i dont think i will ever get it!! Did you do this through weights class, or just something you wanted to do? I know our coach used to give out shirts and plaques.

Your bench is really only 200? Kinda surprising for how much higher your other numbers are. Granted I'm not an all-knowing lifter by any means, but I don't think I could deadlift much more than my bench. Maybe I'm weird. I haven't deadlifted much though, still getting into it and have never maxed. I'm not trying to rag on you, I know I'm probably barely part of the 800-lb club if there even is such a thing. Probably not.

Cheezuz Ox! Not bad at all if I say so! Don't get lazy and quit you will balloon out and end up regretting it!

Last time I lifted my bench was 350 squat was almost 500. More of the 480ish range and my dead lift was around 570. Havent lifted since highschool but I work in a warehouse where I am lifting heavy shit all day. Mind you I am a lot bigger than you are. I'm 6'6'' and weigh 300 pounds. Good to see some people lifting weights. Measure your arms or anything for reference? Last time I did measurements which was last year my arms are 20 inches around chest is 50 inches and my thigh was 30 and calf was 19. I have been lifting still just not keeping up with it like I was. Keep it up man!

The 1000 pound club is when your bench, squat, and deadlift add up to at least 1000 lbs.

I am 17 years old (18 tomorrow) 5'10" 240lbs. 200lbs bench, 355lbs squat, 495lbs deadlift. I have made much improvement this year. I work out only 2-3 days a week at school in weights class. My agility, endurance, and strength have improved far more than i could say that i expected.

I know its been a few months but keep it up for the summer bud. Throw in some running and cross fit exercises. Your young (I'm only 21 but still :P) so make sure you keep your joints happy. I know some guys who lifted big in HS but got burnt out / injured. So keep your body moving and it will thank you, (and the ladies will too)

Your bench is really only 200? Kinda surprising for how much higher your other numbers are. Granted I'm not an all-knowing lifter by any means, but I don't think I could deadlift much more than my bench. Maybe I'm weird. I haven't deadlifted much though, still getting into it and have never maxed. I'm not trying to rag on you, I know I'm probably barely part of the 800-lb club if there even is such a thing. Probably not.

when i was a freshman in highscool i had the same deal. squated 415, deadlifted 500 and benched something like 185 lol. i could never get it higher. then after freshman year i stopped lifting and became a bum, but im trying to get back into working out again.

i couldve been a football player or something if i really tried lol. its depressing now =(

and i never "max" out my lifts... it can be bad. when i say my max i mean 5 reps at that weight. thats the way my coaches tought me, its just safer in the end.

Edited by snail05

It will be a while before I can get back to that, ACL tear kills 2 of the 3.

i bet man, that sucks. i have some knee problems, no tears but i do get pain when i sqaut with weight or jump alot... like in basketball or something. i havent been the same since the pain started. and no doctor even cares enough to try and help. i shouldnt have a random knee problem at 20 yo.

congrats in HS i was 230lbs benched 265, squatted 405lbs power cleaned 315lbs and had a verticle jump of 30 inches, just sayin. im still 230 but not as strong.

I have some ergonomic challenges with dead lifting. The average 45# plate is too short for me to grab it properly and I could only pull up about 315 pounds. At my tops though my bench was 310 for 8 reps and squat was ~550 for 8. That was before I hurt my knees though.

I never 1 rep max anymore and after gaining weight I mostly use the sled aka leg press. On that it's so easy I can push well over the max at my gym which is 1200.