smashedz28

sa8/sa10/sa12 comparrison

Alright.. There is a huge hype on the sa-8's.. badass speakers ive heard.. is the other SA speakers comparable? .. hope that makes sense.. what im asking is would the sa-8 sound better than the 10 or 12? they are all reasonably priced, but if the 8 sounds so damn good can i expect the same from the 12? I know the nightshade is a beast.. thats not in question.

it woudl depend on the system i would say... box, car, electrical, dialy, etc...

but i would have to say will the sa8 get louder then the sa12... i belive the motors are different and there is less cone area so i am going to say no! but i could be wrong and if that is the case someone will correct me!

Alright.. There is a huge hype on the sa-8's.. badass speakers ive heard.. is the other SA speakers comparable? .. hope that makes sense.. what im asking is would the sa-8 sound better than the 10 or 12? they are all reasonably priced, but if the 8 sounds so damn good can i expect the same from the 12? I know the nightshade is a beast.. thats not in question.

I dont see why not, if that was the case then just the SA-8's would of been made (the same goes for any other sub out there). Usually a larger sub will do the same as the smaller sub but with just more output due to the cone area and small changes in a couple of T/S Parameters.

I shouldnt have mentioned the sa-10 as i dont think its out yet, i know there is a pre sale goin on, but i havent seen any more than the thread on here about those. Mainly concerned with the sa-8's and sa-12's.

My interpretation is that the sa-8's will be amazing drivers for being 8". So if you don't have the room for the sa-12's than you could get some sa-8's and still have an awesome setup, but if space is not an issue than get the sa-12's.

When you say sound better, what are you referring to? SQ, SPL? What are your goals? How much power do you have?

afraid that was gonna be asked.. this is just something im kickin around in my head for the near future.. no goals, no power yet.. nothing.. just wanted to get an idea of these subs is all. You tell me what they can do and I can figure out the rest by the time im ready to buy it and build it lol.

the reason a few of us are jaggin over the sa8 is that there are not many 8s that can handle that much power and sound good doing it. the only other 8s imo that are even close are the jl8w7 and the dd1508... you can run 2 of these 8s and still be in class A for competitors.

they will be killer 8" drivers. But if space isn't an issue and you want more bass than go bigger :P

Alright, just wasnt sure if the 8 being newer was built differently than the 12.. maybe something new that the 12 hasnt got just yet.. the idea was based on my 98 S10 extended cab.. room for a 12 or a few 8's... my 12" of choice for love of the brand and price is the Fi BL, but Sundown is a brand of sub woofers im going to get my hands on one way or another lol. Appreciate everything so far, sure this thread will fill up with some more good info. Thanks everyone.

Edited by smashedz28

The reason the 8"s are so popular is they have been VERY well designed, the only difference between the 8", 10", and 12" is cone area. They use the exact same motors.

Alright, just wasnt sure if the 8 being newer was built differently than the 12.. maybe something new that the 12 hasnt got just yet.. the idea was based on my 98 S10 extended cab.. room for a 12 or a few 8's... my 12" of choice for love of the brand and price is the Fi BL, but Sundown is a brand of sub woofers im going to get my hands on one way or another lol. Appreciate everything so far, sure this thread will fill up with some more good info. Thanks everyone.

what more do you need?

I stand corrected, thank you Bromo.

i have really thought about seeing how many of these i can put in the back of the mazda!

Its amazing how one little sa8 can 150dbz.

As was said earlier... people just love 8s.

The 10s and 12s actually have a larger motor and coil and more throw.

But, as far as 8s go, the SA-8 is one of the best you can get :)

150 dB in a crx! keep that in mind not all cars are like a crx! plus they haev done a boat load of testing and i believe that 150db is on a BURP and not on mucic!

alright i want to add to this. I want to know if both speakers(2 sa-8s or 2 sa-10s or sa-12s) in optimal ported enclosures both tune to 33hz which would have more output? both would be run in the same setup, 1500d 145amp stock alt with big 3.

150 dB in a crx! keep that in mind not all cars are like a crx! plus they haev done a boat load of testing and i believe that 150db is on a BURP and not on mucic!

you are correct my brother but a 8 is a 8. And a CRX is probably the loudest car in spl.

alright i want to add to this. I want to know if both speakers(2 sa-8s or 2 sa-10s or sa-12s) in optimal ported enclosures both tune to 33hz which would have more output? both would be run in the same setup, 1500d 145amp stock alt with big 3.

Two 12s would be the loudest. The SA series perform similarly to one another so more cone area is going to win.

you are correct my brother but a 8 is a 8. And a CRX is probably the loudest car in spl.

In the USA anyway... Pandas are spanking them in Europe.

All the subs in the SA line-up are great subs. Pick the size that fits your needs. A lot of guys are jumping on the sa-8s because of the wow factor that 8"s have.

Two 12s would be the loudest. The SA series perform similarly to one another so more cone area is going to win.

:Doh:, if that was the case everybody would have 8"s since they could use smaller boxes and still get the same output as the 12"s.

Get the Nightshade 18" and call it a day :fing34:

Reason people love the 8's so much is so they can get the reaction "AND ITS ONLY A 8 INCH SUB?!?!"

Get the Nightshade 18" and call it a day :fing34:

Reason people love the 8's so much is so they can get the reaction "AND ITS ONLY A 8 INCH SUB?!?!"

X2 Night Shade ftw! lol!