Argent Audio

Enclosure Build for stefanhinote (Two 12 Inch Sundown Audio SA's)

Just curious, what paint do you use ?

We use a primer and a latex based paint as MDF is very porous.

Andrew

What kind of black is that, flat or semi gloss? I'm going to be painting the outside of my box with this textured spray paint I got. I'll probably use black for the port, I think that would look cool.

So would you primer the whole thing? Do you use any special kind of primer, or does anything work?

Thanks for the help!

We use a flat black, both the primer and paint are latex based.

Andrew

Thanks for the info man. I should be finishing up my box tomorrow and hopefully painting it sunday. Do you think it would be alright to use bondo or some other body filler to cover the screw holes, or should I try to find some kind of wood filler or putty?

Edited by deernet

Here's the box finished:

dsc0004b.jpg

:)

Looks nice. Even nicer if it was flush mount (in my eyes). :fing34:

Ya I don't remember but Andrew might not have been able to do it because the width is only 14"

n/m, started working

I'll have a pic video with subs working in it pretty soon haha. Ordered 1/0 gauge wire finally to replace my puny 4gauge too!

n/m, started working

I'll have a pic video with subs working in it pretty soon haha. Ordered 1/0 gauge wire finally to replace my puny 4gauge too!

nice upgrade :drink40:

Ya I don't remember but Andrew might not have been able to do it because the width is only 14"

What was the final dimensions on your box and how much was it including shipping.I'm thinking about getting one.

What was the final dimensions on your box and how much was it including shipping.I'm thinking about getting one.

Best thing to do would be to just email with the specs and options you want, to find a close estimate.