ExplicitYourSelf

Hifonics brutus BRZ 1200.1 or Sundown SAZ 1000.1

You may be wondering why I made this thread but us people need to know... Considering the hifonics brutus BRZ1200.1 is CEA appliant. Which one would be a better choice comparing to the sundown SAZ-1000.1D??

From what i know the BRZ-1200.1D is rated 900RMS at 2 ohm and 1200 at 1ohm and the sundown SAZ-1000.1D is rated 600@ 2ohm and 1000@1ohm. They both fall at the same price of 280$ shipped. But does the hifonics brutus. BRZ 1200.1D have a challange to the sundown SAZ-1000.1D??

HIFONICS - Brutus BRZ Amplifiers

Sundown Audio - SAZ-1000D

Same price I would go with Sundown over Hifonics, just my take on it. :peepwall:

yeah i would go with the saz 1000 over the hifonics... the ability to strap amps... and if you were competing you could wire down to a lower impedence.. but most of all customer support is the seller...

Lolz

Sundown.

hear me now... when i say .... if you buy the sundown... and your not happy with it.... send it to me and ill buy you the hifonics amp..;.. clean and free.... i give you this my word as a man.

hear me now... when i say .... if you buy the sundown... and your not happy with it.... send it to me and ill buy you the hifonics amp..;.. clean and free.... i give you this my word as a man.

now thats a good deal :drink40:

Most of these people here has no experience with Maxxssonics customer service or with the new Brz 1200.d that comes with 140 amps of fusing, and is CEA compliant, and the Saz 1000 comes with 80/90 amps of fusing. Of course their going to say the sundown, since this is a Sundown loving site. What do you expect. But i ( NOTICE I SAID I ) would choose the Brz 1200, because they too have great customer service , and more watts. In jacobs' own test, the SAZ 1000d only layed down 1040 watts.

Most of these people here has no experience with Maxxssonics customer service or with the new Brz 1200.d that comes with 140 amps of fusing, and is CEA compliant, and the Saz 1000 comes with 80/90 amps of fusing. Of course their going to say the sundown, since this is a Sundown loving site. What do you expect. But i ( NOTICE I SAID I ) would choose the Brz 1200, because they too have great customer service , and more watts. In jacobs' own test, the SAZ 1000d only layed down 1040 watts.

I looked at the clamp test and it did make 1040 at 50% gain...Im like stuck in between lines because sundown haz alot of reputation and i havnt heard much about the new BRZ amps and still trying to look into them.

Fusing has nothing to do with what an amp is capable of and I hope that is not how you choose your amps, unless you get an amp claiming to do 5000 watts with 120amps worth of fusing on it.

the sundown did that at 13v into 1.3ohms in that test..... cea is 14.4v at 1ohm....... I'd take the sundown any day of that if for nothing more than the customer service and reliability of having an amp built like a tank.

Fusing has nothing to do with what an amp is capable of and I hope that is not how you choose your amps, unless you get an amp claiming to do 5000 watts with 120amps worth of fusing on it.

Hell no!!! i do my homework before i spend MY money on anything. I'm smarter than that

the sundown did that at 13v into 1.3ohms in that test..... cea is 14.4v at 1ohm....... I'd take the sundown any day of that if for nothing more than the customer service and reliability of having an amp built like a tank.

Yes it did, but look at starting voltage, the 6 batteries that was used, the 220 amp alternator and the .5 ohm before rise load that was presented to the amp, the average Joe wouldn't wanna spend that kinda money on equipment just to get 1040 watts. Why not just get the SAE 1200v2???

GET THE SUNDOWN YET?!

no i have not, The sub i want to power is an 12" L7 kicker dvc 4ohm. So if i was to get the saz-1000D how would that do on a 2 ohm load?? the sub handles 750rms.I have a 01 chevy blazer stock alternator. Big 3 upgrade using 1/0 gauge, yellow optima battery

CEA Compliant doesn't mean shit.

boo.gif

I would take a Sundown over a Maxxsonics product any day!

CEA is all marketing crap anyway!

no i have not, The sub i want to power is an 12" L7 kicker dvc 4ohm. So if i was to get the saz-1000D how would that do on a 2 ohm load?? the sub handles 750rms.I have a 01 chevy blazer stock alternator. Big 3 upgrade using 1/0 gauge, yellow optima battery

I personally would probably go with the Hifonics if the price is the same, probably moreso since you are planning on a 2ohm load. I don't see where you are losing any useful features by doing so, and the Hifonics has higher power capabilities.

By the way, have any of the users who are shitting on the new Hifonics amps tested one under proper conditions, observed a reputable objective test of the amplifier, or reviewed any failure rates or design and quality control measures for the amplifiers? Or is everyone just assuming it's crap because someone on the internet said so?

CEA Compliant doesn't mean shit.

CEA is all marketing crap anyway!

I wouldn't go so far as to say it doesn't mean shit or that it's marketing crap.

It sets a measurement method standard by which compliant amplifiers can be more easily compared. If you are purchasing an amplifier that is CEA compliant, you are purchasing an amplifier that is capable of the published specs under the testing methods indicated by the CEA-2006 testing standards which, by the way, are not any different than the method used by Sundown to rate their amplifier's power output.

While I wouldn't make a decision based on CEA compliance alone, it's not really just "marketing crap". It gives the less informed a better and easier to understand means of comparing amplifiers apples to apples.