klee7013

My Nissan Frontier Build

I know old pics but do I need to add any braces about to run cloth over top so I can finish will try to borrow neighbors camera 4 somw updates

i would try and get some bracing there in the center. and you might want to put some supports for the cloth you plan to stretch across the top. itll look fine dry, but once you hit it with resin it is going to try and sag on you. you could get some wood dowels and glue them on to hold the cloth up.

updated pics

trying to find out where i should mount my wooden dowels to keep fiberglass from sagging on top/ how many i need- the braces are not level with the top- dont know why but all the fiberglass had me feeling dizzy :trippy:

21d53446.jpg

9d344b5d.jpg

will try to take a picture of my new amp rack tomorrow

just need a little help to keep fiberglass top from saggin and i can get this thing finished up

thanks

Pics of the amp rack not to good but u can get an idea

11-082249.jpg

11-082250.jpg

might try to drill some holes and run wires through it but it was a PIA mounting the board back there it might get what it gets

11-082251.jpg

i know looks kinda slack got to take panel off and zip tie them together behind it

11-082252.jpg

best thing is seat closes

need to figure out how to wrap the top of the enclosure so i can finish it- i can staple the front where the wood is but what about the back i cant staple into that fiberglass its a lil thick any suggestions

also can i change my thread title to 3 SA-8s in a Nissan Frontier or something like that ??

want to finish it up need my lows back

Edited by klee7013

For the grill, i've been wanting to try this idea out for a very long time.

Have the box regular.. just a straight ported/sealed box, then... get a piece of wood of your choice, get it about an inch thick, then get a sheet off plexi glass about 2/4 or 1/4 thick and cut the wood so it would frame around the plexi glass and have about an inch lip going inward on the frame them with a tool of your choice sand down the wood so the plexi glass fits in flush then.. cut holes about the size of the bottom of a styrofoam cup (or smaller/bigger) out of the plexi glass and then add some led lights (color green cause green is fuckin dope) then boom!

just make sure there is enough room from the face baffle of the box and the back of the plexi glass for sub excursion.

...this idea might sound/look better in my head

Hey Einstein, 2/4 is a 1/2! You need to check and see if the 3rd grade will take you back! Maybe then, you'll have a chance not sound like a derelict when you attempt to write.

Not cool dude, this forum is for constructive comments and suggestions, not trying to tear someone down over a typo.

Really? Pretty uncalled for. Maybe you stumbled into the wrong forum. I'm sure you were born perfect, but the rest of us were not.

Hey Einstein, 2/4 is a 1/2! You need to check and see if the 3rd grade will take you back! Maybe then, you'll have a chance not sound like a derelict when you attempt to write.

thats how i say 1/2 sometimes when i am stuck doing measuresments like 3/4 and 1/4 i have definatly said 2/4 before-- if it means the same thing then WTF does it matter.

x2

Not cool dude, this forum is for constructive comments and suggestions, not trying to tear someone down over a typo.

thought i came back to some feedback but just bickering but ya that plexi glass idea sounds cool.

if what i got right now wont work may have to go to that step

Edited by klee7013

Really? Pretty uncalled for. Maybe you stumbled into the wrong forum. I'm sure you were born perfect, but the rest of us were not.

I'd have to agree. It was a brief lapse of using my better judgement, brought on by nothing pertaining to his actual post. Just happened to be victimized by a scrupulousness moment, of being a thoughtless arseho. The post was retracted, and I would like to say, "sorry, my bad" !

Na man its cool it happens to the best of us now back to my build

wrapped

9f9b86c0.jpg

05040f57.jpg

f3fa6e7b.jpg

6a6162d5.jpg

o ran over this today

69a8498d.jpg

poor rat snack- dont cross the road on a corner

Edited by klee7013

Poor Snake.... Build is lookin' good, you probly already have but make sure to go all the way around your corners to glass the fleece to the sides. I would think some xtra is better than not enough. What you don't like can be sanded after it dries to get the look you want. Waitin' to see how it turns out. Amp rack looks good and I like it behind the seat instead of on the floor. :fing34:

thanks guys

some more for ya

f9744f66.jpg

48a7634f.jpg

dba54fa1.jpg

fb97b360.jpg

53b5f926.jpg

sorry about the poor quality on some pics with the phone

Lookin' good what's the plan for covering it?

no idea-

was thinking about carpeting because paint would get chipped up so much back there-so i am looking for something that looks better than regular carpet on a normal sub box and it has to be durable to

but even with carpet i am gonna have to do alot of Evercoat Rage and sanding

i was looking at something like this also or similar to that color to match the center console color and ideas would be appreciated on this step

XTREME "Dark Gray"

sefugi keep up the build i check up on it 2-3 times a day-

if it wasnt for my dad i would have been doing alot of extra labor for less favorable results on my build

Edit:also would like to have sundown audio with sundown on top and audio centered below somehow on the center of the box if i should get it stiched or somebody to cut it out for me and i can glue it to the box and wrap over it would work out too (any other ideas on how this can be done?

Edited by klee7013

no idea-

was thinking about carpeting because paint would get chipped up so much back there-so i am looking for something that looks better than regular carpet on a normal sub box and it has to be durable to

but even with carpet i am gonna have to do alot of Evercoat Rage and sanding

i was looking at something like this also or similar to that color to match the center console color and ideas would be appreciated on this step

XTREME "Dark Gray"

sefugi keep up the build i check up on it 2-3 times a day-

if it wasnt for my dad i would have been doing alot of extra labor for less favorable results on my build

Edit:also would like to have sundown audio with sundown on top and audio centered below somehow on the center of the box if i should get it stiched or somebody to cut it out for me and i can glue it to the box and wrap over it would work out too (any other ideas on how this can be done?

I'm havin' a little something stitched in some leather for an add-on for the Eclipse, You might check out a trim shop in your area and see what they can do. That box may be a little high to have covered due to size. When I told the lady what I wanted she said if you have something I can scan I can do it. I don't know if that helps? Good Luck!

testing internal volume for the last time

77c24e01.jpg

6c06142f.jpg

a little over 1.65 may be 1.75 peanuts dont fit in the hole i have for the braces

update on progress- ordered some supplies from sounddeadnershowdown

also planning on mounting in my terminal ring and epoxy it in and when that drys put the subs in and test them out to make sure i dont have any flex or leakage issues

then to try to make it look good. then install :woot:

some sound deadner showdown

63a15a1c.jpg

b509a919.jpg

60bf8634.jpg

49c6cbfd.jpg

the roll is my CCF and MLV

cant tell you how long it took my to find the velcro and glue lol

also pic of ohm reading i got when i wired up the subs

c48f739f.jpg

maybe i can test them out tonight just to check out box if it has any leak or flexs if not i will put it in and leave it til i can wrap it with something and do the finishing touches

Tested out tonight a little more fiberglass had 1lil air leak . Then lots of finishing work. Is vinyl hard to do if so I may carpet.

Can't type well on the phone

Never done vinyl but I hear heat helps the stretching process. Things are lookin' good. Keep at it!

2 pic of testing tonight- i cant ever take alot when i want to because my dad is helping me out and he always act like he has something better to do so i try not to take to much time to take pics

subs mounted in the box on my makeshift mdf/sawhorse table i have been using for about 3 weeks

8e2ad0ac.jpg

pic of wire going out of back window connecting to the box

9b96a72a.jpg

sorry about terrible quality pics with the phone and was playing music one reasons subs where blury

thats it for tonight

plans for tomorrow

leave work ASAP (usually i sit around and BS)

hopefully i can get the rest of the fiberglass done- didn't see any flex or cracking just one corner where i was almost postie i was gonna have problems so no big deal

Take the front door panels back off and apply some tiles, rope, and fit the ccf and mlv- then go test out what a difference that makes i hope alot

hopefully by then glass will be dry so i can cut/sand rough edges off and vacuum all the dam mat i got floating every where for over the last month

my build has been moved from work where i started cutting wood, to a shed at the old house i used to live at while it was on the market, then to a cramped shed at the new house--

k night night and thanks for the compliments i defiantly wouldn't have tackled this without all the helpful people on this forum

Edited by klee7013

Looks good bro :drink40:

some deadening of passenger side door- just with that one door done it sound alot better and louder- cant wait to get them all done

df3efe19.jpg

sorry its always dark when i take pictures

test fitting mlv

1ba5cd26.jpg

didnt take a pic of ccf on mlv sorry i get into it and cant stop till its done i am like shit forgot to take pics

i know i did i did the mlv /ccf pretty good because it was a pain putting the door panel back on got it just hitting the edge around most of the panel

Look for more updates tomorrow- hopefully alot more

thanks scott and chicago ---

scott i have always watched your stuff and could tell you had lots of knowledge over on club frontier then i came here and found you again

chicago i love ur vids with your sa8s arent you upgrading to sa10s or 12s or did you change your mind?

Almost there man. I showed this to my boy (He has a frontier) and I saw gears turning in his head. I see a couple of 8's in his future.

Keep it up I want to hear this one one day!

thanks

ya when i get it all in i am going to need some help tuning it to make it perfect

would love to check yours out someday also

you still in myrtle beach every now and then if so

hopefully i will have this finished in a week or so--(cant even count how many times i said that throughout this build) :suicide-santa: and i can ride up there and meet you and get a demo of yours

also thanks for all the help you have given me so far