Aaron Clinton

Car's that make you want to buy a poster like you used to as a kid

I want this poster.

porsche-1920x1080-wallpaper.jpg

Porches are cool and all. But that is the best angle for them. And they ALL look the same. There was a Porche meeting or something in town and there were literally hundreds of them. They were all clones i tell ya', just some older than others. Still fun to watch them drive down the road by the packs though..

Kent, did you ever get the timing issue figured out?

Somewhat. I've moved the IAT sensor back to the factory location, so the car is seeing intake air temps slightly above ambient, instead of 10* below. That, with always running 91 minimum, has pulled it in to where I'm seeing 6-8* being pulled instead of 12-14* on the big end. I still think some of it has to due with my exhaust being a bit too free flowing, and the resonance from it is tricking the knock sensors into pulling timing that doesn't need pulled. I'm going to head to the track here soon, and see what happens officially. I think, too, that by losing so much back pressure, I've lost some top end, and might try a resonated x-pipe to both tone down the exhaust and add some back pressure over the factory h-pipe. What do you think?

Thanks J! It's my DD toy, lol!!

Can you hear it knocking? I hate knock sensors as they are easily skewed due to harmonics. Many times they sense something that isn't there. I'd try and unplug them or shut them off if possible. As for the exhaust, reducing back pressure will free up top end power and lessen the torque.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Kent, did you ever get the timing issue figured out?

Somewhat. I've moved the IAT sensor back to the factory location, so the car is seeing intake air temps slightly above ambient, instead of 10* below. That, with always running 91 minimum, has pulled it in to where I'm seeing 6-8* being pulled instead of 12-14* on the big end. I still think some of it has to due with my exhaust being a bit too free flowing, and the resonance from it is tricking the knock sensors into pulling timing that doesn't need pulled. I'm going to head to the track here soon, and see what happens officially. I think, too, that by losing so much back pressure, I've lost some top end, and might try a resonated x-pipe to both tone down the exhaust and add some back pressure over the factory h-pipe. What do you think?

Thanks J! It's my DD toy, lol!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Can you hear it knocking? I hate knock sensors as they are easily skewed due to harmonics. Many times they sense something that isn't there. I'd try and unplug them or shut them off if possible. As for the exhaust, reducing back pressure will free up top end power and lessen the torque.

Nope, can't hear it knocking at all. The sensors are really sensitive I think. That's due to the fact this motor has 11.3:1 compression, but can run on 87. The DI helps by cooling the pistons, but it also hurts trying to to hear subtle stuff as the injectors tick loudly. At around 500-700psi at idle, and upwards, if not more then, 1200psi on throttle, I can see why, lol.

I might try and unplug them and see what happens.

As to the back pressure, be it topend, or torque, I think I'm a bit too freeflowing. Even if a resonated x-pipe only cures the harmonic problem I think I have, it'll be worth it!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

NP man.................hopefully here in about 8 mths I'll have a Challenger

Wow, excellent call on the Venturi and the Bugatti. :)

That Bugatti is nice. The Cizeta seems to borrow a lot from Lamborghini, but I don't like the rear quarter panels.

ba67b003.jpg

Hate me if you gotta, but 1gs are some fine vehicles. :fing34:

2009-porsche-911-targa-4s-picture-5-588x441.jpg

Does not show up, what's the picture?

Does not show up, what's the picture?

Loads for me :P

2009 porsche 911 targa

Does this one show up?

porschetarga-13-large.jpg

gallery_3_2_77229.jpg

gallery_3_2_77229.jpg

There we go...

Very... arousing... Mmmmmmmm Porsche....

Haven't seen one of those ever since I played NFS 2 :D

Wow, nice catch, I could not remember where I new that car from.

Wow, nice catch, I could not remember where I new that car from.

Countless hours of my childhood spent playing NFS 2 in splitscreen. It's a miracle my keyboard still works...

The ZR1 ... whata car :)

desktop wallpaper right now :

5nqjx1.jpg

The ZR1 is a monster, I really like the Z06 too!!

While not the SLP variant you have on your desktop...

0621101832a.jpg

It's my Rally Yellow 1LT/RS. It has been massaged a bit, with an Injen CAI, ARH long tube headers and hiflow cats, Flowmaster Super 44 mufflers and Trifecta tuned ECM and TCM. It has run 9.1 @ 82mph in the 1/8th and has seen it's limited top speed of 155mph. Currently sitting with ~280rwhp and ~250lb-ft of torque. Not bad for a 3700pd automatic 3.6ltr v6, lol!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I had saved up enough cash to get one of those. Unfortunately I got cancer and was out of work for almost a year, and my wife was going back to school. So i used almost all that money to survive for that year. So now we are going to Rome in April with what is left over... so no Camaro for sandt.

I had saved up enough cash to get one of those. Unfortunately I got cancer and was out of work for almost a year, and my wife was going back to school. So i used almost all that money to survive for that year. So now we are going to Rome in April with what is left over... so no Camaro for sandt.

Rome > Camaro. :)

Fell in love with this car the first time I drove it (Aston Martin DBS)..Although the Lamborghini LP640 is still in the rankings as well

20131_1193269308844_1141754000_30444452_1761099_n.jpg?t=1294076314

I've always loved this car and still have a poster of it SALEEN S7

saleen-S7-logo-1.jpg